Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-24-2020, 10:40 AM   #1
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Who's Ride was this????

Looks like a serious ride that I would consider buying. Dealer says they have no paperwork besides the dino sheet from the shop they personally took it to to get Dyno numbers from. Carfax says they bought it from auction.
Attached Images

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:40 AM   #2
booneSS13

https://www.prestigeautocredit.com/a...t&model=Camaro

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I would be scared to buy that car. And at the price they are asking is to much I think? I would have to have alot of info on the car if I was interested in it at all. My luck I would buy it and not even make it home and the motor would sling a rod or something would happen to it. I hope someone knows about this car and shares the info on it.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #4
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I would be scared to buy that car. And at the price they are asking is to much I think? I would have to have alot of info on the car if I was interested in it at all. My luck I would buy it and not even make it home and the motor would sling a rod or something would happen to it. I hope someone knows about this car and shares the info on it.
yeah I was thinking the same thing and when I called the dealer they said that they had no paperwork on it besides the dyno they took it to. That car probably has almost $50,000 worth of mods, it's pretty rare for someone to just trade a car like that in to a dealership and lose all of that money. Probably only got $30,000 on trade.

Old 09-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #5
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
How much hp did it make?
And ya if they traded that car to a dealership there must be something to it.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #6
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
How much hp did it make?
And ya if they traded that car to a dealership there must be something to it.
it made 824rwhp and 924rwtq. Has a 418 Darton sleeved block by Texas Speed

Old 09-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #7
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Hell, this car looks like it was built well from the pictures. I wouldn't hesitate if I was looking for a modded ZL1. The guy is probably like a lot of us and all the fun is in the modding and then you get bored and want to start all over again. You are right about the cost of the mods--you get all that for free in this deal.

Even at that the 39K, you are getting a deal. Anything less than that makes it an even better deal.

These cars are bullet proof. Someone went to a lot of effort to make it even better...stronger...faster...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:02 AM   #8
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28Dan View Post
Hell, this car looks like it was built well from the pictures. I wouldn't hesitate if I was looking for a modded ZL1. The guy is probably like a lot of us and all the fun is in the modding and then you get bored and want to start all over again. You are right about the cost of the mods--you get all that for free in this deal.

Even at that the 39K, you are getting a deal. Anything less than that makes it an even better deal.

These cars are bullet proof. Someone went to a lot of effort to make it even better...stronger...faster...

I agree 100%. That's a good price for a LOT of power and mods.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #9
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
If Texas speed had anything to do with the car maybe someone there will know the car and can fill in all the blanks. That would be a place to start if someone was interested in it to get some history on the car.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #10
booneSS13

Those are good points even if you blew up the motor it would probably cost you $6000-$7000 to get it fixed at a decent machine shop. But if you think about it that's about the cost of putting headers, cai, exhaust, tune and pulleys on a bone stock car, which would still make that a deal. IF the Only thing that concerns me is that it's a manual transmission car which gives a lot more room for driver error ie: missed gears, over revs, etc.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #11
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
39k is a great price for all that car imo. A built car here is a more efficient way without spending thousands to get that same lower level. I'd prefer a normal paint job is only thing I don't like about the car.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #12
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockshadow View Post
39k is a great price for all that car imo. A built car here is a more efficient way without spending thousands to get that same lower level. I'd prefer a normal paint job is only thing I don't like about the car.
You're pretty much getting the car for free. I steal what want to trace down the original owner and at least have some paperwork on the car. I've seen cars cars that's been sold with built motors and come to find out after a teardown due to problems it's 5.3 truck block in the car that someone put in the car after they blew the previous motor up. I wonder why mag ride is disabled?

Old 09-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #13
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty CC View Post
Yeah that is a nice car indeed and if you can verify the build and the parts it could be worth the $40,000. I would be interested to know when it was built to present specs ?? The exhaust looks to have not a lot of heat tarnish .... but you can bet it has been run a few times. And as you know that's what it was built to do.
absolutely. I wonder if it has the stock transmission or if it's been built

Old 09-28-2020, 04:13 PM   #14
SSkat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
So the dealer has all this info on the car but doesnt know where it was built? What am I missing?
SSkat is offline   Reply With Quote