Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #127
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
The game has quite a bit of issues. But I'm sure DICE will smooth things out.

I think the damage is too high, #1. I'm dead before I know it sometimes.
Hmmm I feel the opposite... I dont know how many times I have been unloading on people (getting hit markers) and they just run away.

And if there are any people in here hiding under the ground killing people... YOU SUCK!

This game has a LOT of glitches for how close the release date is....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #128
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Thats because of all the glithcers and hackers.. I was standing at the back of the map in our zone yesterday and all of a sudden I'm getting shot by someone beside me...
He just appeared out of nowhere and had a score of 33-4... I've seen the hack or glitch before and only in BF.. fast running or moving under the map.. its a joke but it is what it is....

people are going to cheat no matter what.... the game developers dont care as long as they sell a game.. it isnt that hard to see an extra bit and ban for life.. but that isnt how you make money.. its all about making money and dice or any otehr game company could care less about the cheaters.. the cheaters are who they make money from
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #129
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Its a beta

Sent from my Transformer TF101
I'd expect an open beta to be a bit more polished.....has it not gone gold yet?

At any rate, my time playing it on xbox has me leaning towards the PC version if I get it
Old 10-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #130
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Supposedly the Beta is an old build of the game just to stress test the servers (which seriously blow, by the way, won't connect half the time).

BS things that I want fixed: UMP45 needs to be nerfed yesterday. Every time I get killed is by a UMP. PP2000 is the same way.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #131
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Supposedly the Beta is an old build of the game just to stress test the servers (which seriously blow, by the way, won't connect half the time).

BS things that I want fixed: UMP45 needs to be nerfed yesterday. Every time I get killed is by a UMP. PP2000 is the same way.
I seriously hope this is true. But why would they use an old version for beta when they know almost everyone, especially cod fanboys, will judge the game by this. I know its beta, but so many people are already cancelling pre0orders.
Its not a smart move imo, or the game needs some big repairs...

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #132
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Saw this in the news column, apparently there was a bug that increased damage for someone in motion by quite a bit. Listed as fixed for the final version:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1895458193965/
Old 10-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #133
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
I seriously hope this is true. But why would they use an old version for beta when they know almost everyone, especially cod fanboys, will judge the game by this. I know its beta, but so many people are already cancelling pre0orders.
Its not a smart move imo, or the game needs some big repairs...
I agree. From E3 all anyone heard was this is the game to dethrone COD. Then they release an open beta that is very very rough around the edges.

I too do not understand what they were thinking.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #134
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Which brings up another point about dethroning COD.

The PC outperforms the consoles, but in sales it is a different story. On each new COD game the console outsold the PC by high percentages and the gap got larger with each new version. If I remember correctly COD:BO sold 96% console to 4% PC.

If they really planned on dethroning COD, they should have built it around the consoles, not the PC. Just saying, if that was their real intention.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #135
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Which brings up another point about dethroning COD.

The PC outperforms the consoles, but in sales it is a different story. On each new COD game the console outsold the PC by high percentages and the gap got larger with each new version. If I remember correctly COD:BO sold 96% console to 4% PC.

If they really planned on dethroning COD, they should have built it around the consoles, not the PC. Just saying, if that was their real intention.

I'm glad they DIDN'T do that. I could care less if BF3 dethrones COD, all I care about is that DICE puts out yet another excellent game that is tons of fun. Part of doing that is insuring their die-hard PC fans are kept happy, and I think they will definitely deliver on that.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #136
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Canceled my preorder. With the combination of a SWTOR beta invite and the amount of drawbacks I am hearing about BF3, ill hold on to my $60 for now.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #137
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Actually just had a few good rounds of Beta. It just takes getting used to.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #138
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Getting better and better, but a few gripes remain:

1: the mouse Controls still aren't customizable for me.

2: Seriously? I can only access the options menu when I SPAWN IN? Not in the loadout screen or throught the browser?

3: Browser based launch seems REALLY stupid, IMO

4: Why do I have to watch 10 seconds of kill cam on the guy that killed me? I want to spend my time waiting to respawn changing my loadout and stuff, not watching the guy that killed me till I can respawn and THEN changing. It sounds like a minor gripe, but it can add an extra 10-15 seconds to your spawn, which is HUGE in a squad based FPS.

5: Open up the Caspian Border map, already. Everyone knows you have it. Letting me play it for 4 hours one night, then taking it away is the biggest **** tease ever. Not to mention lots of people HATE rush mode. I bet a lot of the, "OMGZORS I AM CANCELLING MY PRE ORDER!" would be changing their tunes.

For the record I am buying this game. I have owned every Battlefield game, and I love them. No other series has as awesome stories. All the COD stories are, "I had like a 23 killstreak."
Some of the stories you get from playing battlefield are awesome, just because of all the neat stuff you can do. For example, back in Battlefield 2, we were playing Kubra Dam and I was on the top of the dam working towards a base to capture, my 3 squadmates were in a blackhawk chaingun strafing the top of the dam. Enemy guy shoots an RPG at the helo, rocket goes THROUGH the open doors on the blackhawk. I kill the RPG guy, his buddy nails me with a grenade. I fly off of the dam and land on the ground 100 feet down at the bottom of the dam. My medic squadmate sees I am down, jumps out of the helocopter, deploys his chute at the last second and rezzes me with 2 seconds left on my respawn timer.

Beat THAT, Call of Duty!

PS: Sorry for the wall of text

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #139
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
5: Open up the Caspian Border map, already. Everyone knows you have it. Letting me play it for 4 hours one night, then taking it away is the biggest **** tease ever. Not to mention lots of people HATE rush mode. I bet a lot of the, "OMGZORS I AM CANCELLING MY PRE ORDER!" would be changing their tunes.
It was opened for 3 days of testing required a password to get in but was easily found on the internet. I joined one and played it for 2 days that map is simply amazing and so are the jets and stuff. Should have been this map instead of Metro because it has more of a Battlefield feel to it.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #140
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
It was opened for 3 days of testing required a password to get in but was easily found on the internet. I joined one and played it for 2 days that map is simply amazing and so are the jets and stuff. Should have been this map instead of Metro because it has more of a Battlefield feel to it.
Exactly! I loved playing it. Battlefield without vehicles is like a lame Call of Duty. And I already think call of Duty sucks, so it would be even worse than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote