Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #15
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
ummm wow, I didn't even know that. That's was rather odd of them. Looks like USB for me but always noticed the sound is more pristine from cd's.
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #16
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Don't think so...I can get out listening to xm and when I comeback , it's on FM...
I had the same issue when I still had my xm subscription. Look around for the thread I'm talking about. It must have something to do with the car being off.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm T View Post
ummm wow, I didn't even know that. That's was rather odd of them. Looks like USB for me but always noticed the sound is more pristine from cd's.
I seriously just had a depressed moment web I read your thread. I remember when a CD player was an expensive option in the car. I guess it's getting put out to pasture with the cassette tape and 8 track lol
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I had the same issue when I still had my xm subscription. Look around for the thread I'm talking about. It must have something to do with the car being off.
that was just an example - I can be listening to AM, IPod, ANY SOURCE and when I come back to the car, it starts in FM....I hope that is clear now, and was the original question....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #19
Storm T
Can't slow down

LMAO! I can't believe I didn't notice it. I just picked the car up last night late though. I remember back in the day getting one for my car and it was really expensive.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #20
Storm T
Can't slow down

Hopefully they will get an update to fix your issue Glen. That would suck for sure.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #21
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
If you power down the radio before you shut off the car, when you start the car next time, and power on the radio, it picks up right where you left off on the USB. At least mine does...(applies to any source)
itsnotacrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotacrisis View Post
If you power down the radio before you shut off the car, when you start the car next time, and power on the radio, it picks up right where you left off on the USB. At least mine does...(applies to any source)

Good find, I had Mylink a week now, and have to unplug then re-plug my USB every time. I was just about to wire in an USB extension cable to make access easier.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #23
Meister

Drives: 2016 Corvette Stingray Z51
Quote:
I'm going to give this a try next time. Thanks.
Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #24
Meister

Drives: 2016 Corvette Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
ipods or iphones........

bluetooth seems to work very well in my opinion
iPod in my case. Bluetooth does work from my iPhone (yes, I have both but the iPod is connected via the USB port) but I don't think the sound quality is as good going the Bluetooth route.
Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
Storm T
Can't slow down

Ok, so now mine did it for the first time. On USB and start the car back up after going inside somewhere and it's on FM. Kind of sucks to have a brand new car and have this sort of issue. Hope it's fixed soon.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
I don't know if it matters, but I should probably mention; I don't use an iPod, I'm using a flash drive. (this one, btw, http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/cruzer-fit/ ....which I can't recommend highly enough. It stick out of the USB plug less than a 1/4", about the same as the power outlet cover that is above the USB plug. Pictures of it in my center console available upon request.).
Anyway, I have never had to unplug it, and then plug it back in to get MyLink to recognize it. I leave it plugged in all the time (unless of course, I remove it to add more music). The music is always there.
My solution of powering off the radio before shutting off the car just gets the same source to come back on when starting the car the next time, as opposed to MyLink reverting back to FM upon restart.
itsnotacrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
I don't know if it matters, but I should probably mention; I don't use an iPod, I'm using a flash drive. (this one, btw, http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/cruzer-fit/ ....which I can't recommend highly enough. It stick out of the USB plug less than a 1/4", about the same as the power outlet cover that is above the USB plug. Pictures of it in my center console available upon request.).
Anyway, I have never had to unplug it, and then plug it back in to get MyLink to recognize it. I leave it plugged in all the time (unless of course, I remove it to add more music). The music is always there.
My solution of powering off the radio before shutting off the car just gets the same source to come back on when starting the car the next time, as opposed to MyLink reverting back to FM upon restart.

Update: running errands, in and out of the car 4 -5 times - turning system off before engine shutdown works perfect...thanks to all who contributed here.....

Last edited by Glen e; 06-23-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #28
Storm T
Can't slow down

I have found out that it's not forgetting the flash drives. It's switching source. If you tap the source button on the left side or screen it will switch right back to usb and you don't have to unplug it. So something in there is telling it to do this. Mine wasn't doing it until today. I went through every setting this morning and changed everything to how I wanted it. So the problem started happening after I did that. I will try and go through the settings again tomorrow and set things back to default and see if the issue goes away. I'll let you guys know. Unless someone else wants to try that tonight. It might just be a coincidence but I dunno.