Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
Gnarlygianni

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS
Z/28 Updated Interior Pics??

Hmm, Im confused with the stickers on these recent Z/28 Camaro's. are they just a decoy? Also with all these "spy-shots" pictures shouldn't these z/28's have the new interior.. why aren't we seeing that along with all these recent pictures. The z/28 will be out 2012 or later so where are the interior shots ! What do you all think on this.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
The current Z28 test shots have been with test mules. Essentially the mechanics of the "Z28" was stuffed into a older car. Dodge did the same thing too, in that case the guts of the Challenger driving around in a Charger.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
Gnarlygianni

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS
Ahh I see, makes sense. Then wouldnt that mean we really AREN'T that close to a production model?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
well we are as far away from a production model as GM wants to be.

just because the interior isn't what it's suppose to be doesn't mean that the car is too far away from production. engine/suspension tuning probably take longer to work out then interior things. and a redesigned interior. . .what does that really mean? they change some molding, new seats, couple new stickers on the passenger side to look at? I highly doubt the interior is really going to change that much. but we will see.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
+3 to everthing else.

Shoot - I wouldn't be suprised if some of these prototypes aren't IVERs or something. I'm sure we aren't going to see the interior until at least next summer. The sooner the better though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Like everyone said, Team Camaro is still testing and tweaking the engine, mechanicals and suspension changes on older mule cars. It is nice to get an idea of the rear spoiler design, at least it is not a raised pedestal riser wing. I don't think we will see a pre-production release of the Z28 before the Detroit Auto Show in Jan. 2011. The interior might not show up for a months after that. I am hoping that actual production starts in the summer of 2011.

Last edited by OldJedi; 10-06-2010 at 05:19 AM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:11 AM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarlygianni View Post
Hmm, Im confused with the stickers on these recent Z/28 Camaro's. are they just a decoy? Also with all these "spy-shots" pictures shouldn't these z/28's have the new interior.. why aren't we seeing that along with all these recent pictures. The z/28 will be out 2012 or later so where are the interior shots ! What do you all think on this.
I doubt there are any cars testing both the Z28 components and the new interior. Limit the number of variables so that you can more easily identify the squeaks and rattles. The Z28 prototypes are probably just converted 2010s, which the interior mules would be as well, just different cars. But I'm not expecting a drastic change for the interior. More like different materials and possibly different seats and steering wheel. I have nothing to base that on, but most complaints aren't about the style of the interior, its more about the execution of the details.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:33 AM   #8
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I doubt there are any cars testing both the Z28 components and the new interior. Limit the number of variables so that you can more easily identify the squeaks and rattles. The Z28 prototypes are probably just converted 2010s, which the interior mules would be as well, just different cars. But I'm not expecting a drastic change for the interior.
I seem to agree, GM need to concentrate on one area/components at a time in their performance tweaking. I think the interior will be last as far as what's important to the Z28.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote