Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #43
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
I almost had my centri SC setup finished but couldn't get a custom crank pulley made. I still have the bracket I made for the SC and if I could find a reverse rotation version of my SC I would run it directly off of the stock belt system. I used a powerdyne bd11a which is one of or if not the biggest lowend centri SC out there so the space is there! Check my old thread for pics and more info about what happened: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116284
LOL I was trying to remember you username. If you can get the dimensions and a drawing for the pulley, send them to SC2150. He makes pulleys all the time. He may also be able to tell you how to deal with the pin issue.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #44
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Thanks gretchen but I wish I would've known him earlier! Ever since I hit that wall back in November I've sold the supercharger and decided to move on to twins turbs like you. If the twins don't work out my next project will involve a small kenne bell or m112 if SC2150 can make the custom crank pulley. Our car is pretty easy to make a roots setup with a custom crank pulley because the electronic throttle body can be easily relocated and the area below the stock intake manifold is flat so an adapter plate can be easily made for the blower. However, if Magnacharger does come out with a roots kit and I had to do everything over again I wouldve definitely went with the maggie over the twins because roots blowers have less components to go wrong and worry about!
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #45
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We can make anything....just the time & materials involved.

We are also getting closer to releasing the TT kit for the LLT V6. Still need Vince to perfect the tune and then things should go pretty quick.

We have sourced most of the components for the kit and am trying to hit a traget of $6995...but am confident it wont be more than $7995.

I'll be posting an opening for pre-orders as soon as i am confident on the price.
If you could crea a successful roots style sc setup... Youd have me
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #46
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We can make anything....just the time & materials involved.

We are also getting closer to releasing the TT kit for the LLT V6. Still need Vince to perfect the tune and then things should go pretty quick.

We have sourced most of the components for the kit and am trying to hit a traget of $6995...but am confident it wont be more than $7995.

I'll be posting an opening for pre-orders as soon as i am confident on the price.
If that's true then screw the Dyno's they all can manipulate that now, we need pure 1/4 mile times
Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #47
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
If that's true then screw the Dyno's they all can manipulate that now, we need pure 1/4 mile times
Dynos are pretty useful for determining gains and doing safe first tunes. However, the real test on the track (1/4 mile, autocross or road course). On all the boosted cars we are seeing the extra power is leading to too much wheel spin (especially on the autos). So, the next logical step is to do what some of the NO2 guys have done, put drag radials on them. I'm going to put better tires on mine and do the trailing arms, but since I want to do the road course I'm probably not going to be the one that sets in records on the 1/4 mile. If Max ever builds his custom SC then he may be the quy that does it. Otherwise we will have to wait on someone that really wants to run their car at the strip.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #48
Maurdib

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Dynos are pretty useful for determining gains and doing safe first tunes. However, the real test on the track (1/4 mile, autocross or road course). On all the boosted cars we are seeing the extra power is leading to too much wheel spin (especially on the autos). So, the next logical step is to do what some of the NO2 guys have done, put drag radials on them. I'm going to put better tires on mine and do the trailing arms, but since I want to do the road course I'm probably not going to be the one that sets in records on the 1/4 mile. If Max ever builds his custom SC then he may be the quy that does it. Otherwise we will have to wait on someone that really wants to run their car at the strip.
To me that sounds strange and I will admit my ignorance on the topic, but how can the SS with the same hp and torgue with the same tires not have the same wheel spin issues the V6 have?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #49
littleman54321

Drives: Something
Quote:
To me that sounds strange and I will admit my ignorance on the topic, but how can the SS with the same hp and torgue with the same tires not have the same wheel spin issues the V6 have?
Different gears, weight, suspension, hitting the powerband in different places, etc. The actual HP/TQ numbers are just very small variables in otherwise huge equations.
littleman54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #50
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
A6 on the V6 has an open differential. That means one tire just spins. The L99 and LS3 equipped camaros have a limited slip differeential, so both wheels would have to spin -- they get more traction. The M6 camaros seem to do better on the launch, but if you put sticky tires on an A6 they do very well.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #51
Maurdib

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman54321 View Post
Different gears, weight, suspension, hitting the powerband in different places, etc. The actual HP/TQ numbers are just very small variables in otherwise huge equations.
Then I'll be quiet and learn LOL
Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #52
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Has anyone dropped a posi into the v6 rear casing? Or maybe swap a v8 posi rear? Thats my plan after warrantee expires.
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote