Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #71
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
IdealG.. It's good to know GM is selling defective master cylinders that don't hold pressure...
I know lol, I was thinking that maybe this is the reason why some of you are having problems with sticking clutch pedals and maybe even low rpm grinding.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #72
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
I know lol, I was thinking that maybe this is the reason why some of you are having problems with sticking clutch pedals and maybe even low rpm grinding.

That's what I was thinking too. On the V6 guys have had trannys replaced and the problem still existed. I wonder if this is "THE FIX".

In that case you should be crowned Camaro King by GM.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #73
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
That's what I was thinking too. On the V6 guys have had trannys replaced and the problem still existed. I wonder if this is "THE FIX".

In that case you should be crowned Camaro King by GM.
its possible only time and testing will tell. same with the ss guys lots of us had our trans fixed and upgraded and still have trouble. i have proved to myself that this works for my car. i want to test someone elses and see how they drive their car and see if it fixes it for them.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #74
Mach

Quote:
its possible only time and testing will tell. same with the ss guys lots of us had our trans fixed and upgraded and still have trouble.
Same as us V6 guys.. Its funny how the transmissions are different but the cylinder is the same... I am really starting to think the cylinder is the culprit.

Looking forward to anymore updates.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #75
probee773

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS 6MT Double Black
What is the theory behind why this would fix the high rpm 1st to 2nd grind? I've heard others say the grind may be caused by inadequate synchros in the tranny. Others have also said that GM acknowledged this for LS3 guys and started using carbon fiber synchros to eliminate the grind. The synchro theory makes sense, but I don't understand how a new master cylinder that flows better and faster would help with grind. I am not an expert by any means, so please school me.
probee773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #76
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by probee773 View Post
What is the theory behind why this would fix the high rpm 1st to 2nd grind? I've heard others say the grind may be caused by inadequate synchros in the tranny. Others have also said that GM acknowledged this for LS3 guys and started using carbon fiber synchros to eliminate the grind. The synchro theory makes sense, but I don't understand how a new master cylinder that flows better and faster would help with grind. I am not an expert by any means, so please school me.

The tranny does have issues and the carbon blockers being used now helps but these trannys are just notchy going into second so the two important tranny fixes are changing to the carbon blockers and changing the fluid to royal purple or red line.

after a lot of us had already done this and our trannies shift fine during regular use when trying to shift from first to second under hard acceleration at high rpm we still get a grind and we believe its because the clutch isnt releasing far enough or fast enough.

now with the new master cylinder you get more flow and a tad more travel out of the pedal which pushes the slave cylinder a little further so now the clutch wont be hanging up and it will disengage faster eliminating the grind we all hate.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #77
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Someone has brought to my attention that the V6 clutch master cylinder isnt the same part number as the SS. So i went to confirm this and he is correct. guy at the dealership gave me the wrong information.
I'm going to have to order a V6 master cylinder and see if it can be modified like the SS.

ugh! back to R & D

Thank you Tom for noticing that.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #78
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #79
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

I just ordered a V6 one, should be here by the end of the week with the SS one i ordered.

i'll see what i can do as soon as it arrives.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #80
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I just ordered a V6 one, should be here by the end of the week with the SS one i ordered.

Dude on behalf of all of us with a v6 thank you...
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #81
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
Dude on behalf of all of us with a v6 thank you...
no problem , i'm sorry for the mix up i was told they were the same part number but they are not. so we'll see what it looks like when it gets here
Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #82
Mach

Quote:

Thanks so much for helping our cause!!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #83
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:

Count me in, for a v6 one. And thank you for taking the time and spending the effort to do this!
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #84
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Add me to the list of people that want one. Too bad I'm in NH otherwise I would let you use my car as a test mule.

I don't have 2nd gear grinding issue. I do race my car more than street drive it, so I have had a lot of issues with the POS clutch setup.

Hot lapping it on the Autocross has caused my clutch pedal to stay on the floor - on more than one occasion. LPE return spring was a band-aid and worked at the fest. I have had a seperate fluid reservoir for the last year and a half.

I have my second LPE ZR-1 dual disc clutch ready to be installed (20% grippier and another $2K), as I have smoked the present ZR-1 one pretty good a few times in third gear.

I'm willing to try *anything* that will fix this ^%$#@ clutch issue.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote