Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #15
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
I happen to personally know of a specific manufacturer's camber plates being in the process of being reproduced for another company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I'd guess Pfadt camber plates are going to be released by Apex. Especially since they are picking up some of their other products. just a guess tho.
My guess is Pedders plates. Pete designed the camber plate with I believe Bruce Raymond. I'm wondering if Pete owns the rights to the design and manufacture, or if Pedders AU does since he was part of that business.

Apex has stated the Pfadt coil overs are not coming back, so I don't see them making only one piece of the puzzle.

It will be interesting to see. Worst case I sell my Pfadts and buy a set of Ridetech's.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:55 AM   #16
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Remember that Pfadt had plates for factory struts, that's what i'm referring to. I'm not sure if that will happen or not, as that's currently in the early stages of evaluation. I just happen to be "somewhat" involved in production of another piece that was discontinued, and is about to be back as long as nothing crazy happens. As an enthusiast, I'm trying to help bring as many pieces back as possible, whether I personally need them or not.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
marolf101x

Drives: 2010 Test Mule
For 3D cut-a-way models of the Ridetech camber plate see this thread, post 56:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...idetech&page=3

Let me know if you have any questions.
marolf101x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #18
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post
Our coil over kit has a camber plate. . .just not exactly what most people consider a camber plate. It's much more attractive yet allows you to offset the upper strut mount to gain more negative camber and spring clearance.

The only downside is that it currently fits only our coil overs. We designed the strut shaft a little differently than other manufactures which made it stronger, but more difficult to adapt a plate to.
Well you could borrow my car to make them fit other coil overs.