Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 08-28-2017, 01:59 PM   #57
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I will go way out on a limb and offer up Sturgis as a very much off the wall thought. There is a Camaro week there some two or three weeks after Bike week. While no road course or drag strip, that I know of, the cruises would be awesome. Cruise the Needles in Custer State Park. Cruise the Badlands. Do a road trip to Little Big Horn.

I did like Bowling Green. Great track and strip and a town that greets you with open arms.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:19 AM   #58
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
BG was fun and has been fun for the past 2 years. if it is located in BG again I'll have to save my pennies because I would love to do the track. food is close by. My hubby wants to go back to double dogs just for the milkshake lol!!
if there were other locations to go to I've thought of Daytona, I love a beach and there's a lot of racing history there.
Somewhere in Colorado because it's beautiful and more out west.
I have also played around with the idea of Las Vegas. can you imagine all of us there! neon lights and the night life lol. I've never been to Las Vegas, but having it the weekend before SEMA would be interesting.

But I am not complaining about BG. I live in Memphis TN so only a few hrs away
Old 08-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #59
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Regardless of where VIII is held I'll be there come hell or high water... Sucked missing out on VII (first one since I've been a forum member)
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #60
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Regardless of where VIII is held I'll be there come hell or high water... Sucked missing out on VII (first one since I've been a forum member)
I missed a few myself. Had every intention of hitting up BG I for CF6 then work got in my way had the hotel room and everything booked.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:10 PM   #61
Pink Lady
Pedal to the metal.

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro
I am 100% in for BG. It is only an hour drive from home :-p But this next time I will get there Wednesday and not Thursday and hope to drive NCM and the at the track. The corvette tour would be great if available again and not in our sticky heat. Summers in this area are so sticky.
Seeing another part of the country would be awesome but BG is such a car friendly community. They don't kick us out. Police don't harass us and they have double dogs!!!!!! ( Nashville's suck compared to BG).
Regardless, I will go wherever. I save vacation time for this.
Pink Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #62
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Sebring raceway might not be a bad idea. They can set up drag racing on the track and looks to have everything needed. I'm just throwing it out there.

https://sebringraceway.com
Old 09-11-2017, 07:51 AM   #63
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Well, where ever it is I intend on going........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #64
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Are there Attendance Numbers for Each of the Fests ??

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #65
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
Sebring raceway might not be a bad idea. They can set up drag racing on the track and looks to have everything needed. I'm just throwing it out there.

https://sebringraceway.com
It is a "Bucket List" track. However, it may have had some modifications this past weekend that we may need to wait and see about.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #66
ColdfuzionTN

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Speaking of Double Dogs, you need to try the Buffalo Mac & Cheese or the Breakfast dog. Both to die for lol.
ColdfuzionTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:15 AM   #67
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
If it's at BG, I'm in.. Since I finally have another Camaro worth bringing.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #68
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Its really about logistics, as you can see from this report, most cities in the midwest have close to 50% of the population within a one days drive. When they were looking at bringing MotoGP to the US, they chose Indianapolis because 80-90% of the US population is within a 1000 mile radius.

https://info.siteselectiongroup.com/...-one-day-drive
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #69
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
Its really about logistics, as you can see from this report, most cities in the midwest have close to 50% of the population within a one days drive. When they were looking at bringing MotoGP to the US, they chose Indianapolis because 80-90% of the US population is within a 1000 mile radius.

https://info.siteselectiongroup.com/...-one-day-drive
Thats very interesting. Seems to be clustered on Ohio ... which isn't a surprise. Just glancing at a map shows that Akron Ohio is pretty close to halfway between New York City & Chicago.

And while how many people are relatively close is a big factor, the logistics encompass more than that. Like hotels. Our ideal is to book a single hotel & have 1500 Camaros parked in the lot each night. Places that can only accommodate say 200 of us at a time & force us to spread out are a lot less desirable. And if we can't stay at 1 place, how close are the overflow hotels?

Then there are the tracks themselves. We need to be able to do drag racing, auto-x, a car show, and vendor alley at the same time and we'd like to do it within a fairly compact zone. That limits the places we can actually go to do a fest.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #70
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Bowling Green is ideal for all that.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote