Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
BMR CHASSIS BRACE INSTALLED

To all that know me and my car know that I am a extreme driver requiring lots of power. Well my car had a turbo and other engine mods after it was only a week old. After researching suspension mods on the 2010 camaro I came across BMR. I contacted Kyle and told him to send me what he has got and I will run it on my road course car the 2010 camaro. Well kyle sent me a tunnel brace. What the heck Kyle?? Well a few weeks went by then some more parts started showing up Lower rear control arms then rear toe rod. Those were installed just before running road atlanta a week ago.

Amazing these BMR parts made a pretty big difference. Car was holding its track alot better than the stock suspension setup. Well then came the big box I call it.

BMR's chassis brace had final arrived. It came in the largest box yet from BMR that I had received. I was final able to get to putting them on today. Simple install in the garage on jack stands. (I know kyle instructions say do it on a lift I cheated sorry). I was amazed at how simple all the BMR parts are to install. Full pictured instructions for us guys that hate to read.(or cant read)

This afternoon I was able to go out for a test ride. As I pulled from the drive I first noticed the stiffness that the rear of the car had. I made a few quick turns while warming the motor. WOW. The car felt solid. So I made it out of town and to some of my favorite test roads fast sweeping corners first. Rear of car stayed planted. Amazing this simple chassis brace had done what I have been wanting the car to do from the start. That was to perform as well as my Z06 in handling. Definetly there now.

After the first 10 miles of sweeping corners I made to my favorite part. Long fast straights with a few turns in the middle. I hammered down reaching around 120 mph in a few secs and made a hard right then left through the turns. No problem car didn't flex at all compared to before when the car would flex and the rear kick out.

Conclusion: My experience with BMR and there parts for the 2010 camaro has been wonderful. Not once have I had any issues with the parts or install's. I have highly recommended these parts to many others as they work and are not just another bolt on. I must say also BMR is the only company out there that hasn't been charging the new camaro tax (you know like 20% more than G8 parts)

I am not a paid rep. for BMR or any other company. Never have I asked BMR or anyone other to give me a discount or anything. I just am a very happy customer that is giving back to those that deserve.

Thanks BMR,
Kyle and Dennis --- yall rock in my book keep up the good work

Jeremy May
Attached Images

Last edited by lawdogg149; 12-07-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: add pics
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Thanks for the good words Jeremy. Take a look in the suspension section I am getting ready to post some pics of the 4 point strut tower brace for you to drool over.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
lawdogg149

You mean the 4 point brace I was suppose to have like three weeks ago. Dude I thought you were shipping it to me. I give you real world feedback instead of just a lame photo shoot. Come on man Im in need of it. Take the dang pic and send it to me.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Here are some pics for you:
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
BMR Sales

Trust me as soon as I can get it to you I will.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
As far as the chassis brace goes...how much does it weigh? I don't see any welds to the chassis, do you just drill holes & bolt on?

I had BMR LCA's on my 4th Gen...superb craftsmanship and they absolutely eliminated my wheel hop. BMR will be seeing my money again soon.

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Does this fit over a TVS2300 supercharger? If so, put me down as I have ordered everything else available so far.
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer View Post
As far as the chassis brace goes...how much does it weigh? I don't see any welds to the chassis, do you just drill holes & bolt on?

I had BMR LCA's on my 4th Gen...superb craftsmanship and they absolutely eliminated my wheel hop. BMR will be seeing my money again soon.
These are a true bolt-in, you don't have to drill any holes because it uses existing holes in the chassis. The subfram connecters wiegh about 20lbs together and the driveshaft tunnel brace that ties it all together weighs about 4lbs. These pieces are super easy to install. Give us a call when you are ready for some parts.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Hey Kyle, I have a question for you. I have Pedders Drag kit that replaces all bushings in rear end and I also have toe rod,trailing arms, tunnel brace and drop springs installed. Will I really get much benefit from installing subframe connectors? I just want your honest opinion as to any gains it will give me with what I have done so far.
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Hey Kyle, I have a question for you. I have Pedders Drag kit that replaces all bushings in rear end and I also have toe rod,trailing arms, tunnel brace and drop springs installed. Will I really get much benefit from installing subframe connectors? I just want your honest opinion as to any gains it will give me with what I have done so far.
It really depends on what you are doing with the car and your driving style and habits. Give me a call at the shop tomorrow and I will be more than happy to talk about your setup.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 12-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
You mean the 4 point brace I was suppose to have like three weeks ago. Dude I thought you were shipping it to me. I give you real world feedback instead of just a lame photo shoot. Come on man Im in need of it. Take the dang pic and send it to me.
Looks like it might interfere with the new coolant tank on your turbo setup??
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #12
lawdogg149

Na its coming off very soon.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Nice
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
55Designs

Drives: 2010
I am just basing my opinion on what I saw and know so far.

I will say everything BMR seems to make looks bulletproof and overbuilt. Some serious quality for sure and I give these guys props. I will consider their trailing arms and strut bar for the spring.

As for this subframe it just looks cheap and not even close to the quality of their other products. It reminds me of a cheap piece of gym equipment from Sears, just the tube stock, welds and powdercoat. Surprised to see this piece wasnt built like their other stuff.

Also the brace doesnt tie into the rear subframe. I know the car has some flex but to be honest the unibody is pretty damn stiff and Pfadt and Hotchkis braces tie into the rear subframe not sure why BMR doesnt.

I assume BMR feels their bushings do enough on the rear end?
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote