Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
VRMMMM

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
who has the best bushings?

I want to have every bushing replaced that makes a differance in my car. This is a daily driver, but I know manufactures install crap in these cars, I want them out, car is 3 weeks old.

Not to insult the brand at all, but, I know that the specs call for something, and the bean counter comes in and says, lets go 3 steps down, and, just want the best for my car is all. Nuff said.
VRMMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm sure you're going to get personal opinions but that's pretty much what you're asking.

My personal opinion is that Pedders and Pfadt are the way to go. In fact I think they're the only two brands that make the full set of bushings for the car. I got a lesson on Pedders when I had my coilovers installed and found out they have 3 levels of bushings for street/track/heavy duty track. I don't know much abut Pfadt but I think those will be your best bet.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
i agree with mindz, pfadt, check there history.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #4
VRMMMM

pm sent
Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
If you drive your car everyday and like the ride, you should understand that GM made the bushings they way they did for that reason. It's not that they cheaped out via the bean counter, it's that they tried to marry performance with a comfortable ride. Personally, I think they did a pretty good job of it. The car has a respectable G rating for it's size and weight and it rides very well. That's not to say that you can't improve upon that with some changes. There are some key bushings that will greatly enhance your handling without the ride suffering too much. Now if you go all out and replace ALL the bushings, your ride comfortablity will suffer considerably. If that's not something you're worried about, then by all means get the stiffer ones. As with all mods, you have to ask yourself what you want from it. If you want a better handling car, there are a few bushings and better sways that will GREATLY improve the handling. If you want a all out roadrace car, you can do all the bushings with varying stiffness to all out solid.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 AM   #6
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I'm not going to be objective here, so i'm not even going to give my opinion, just a bit of info.

Pedders makes Street parts, they make street parts to be driven every day.
I have a complete kit on my GTO, that is driven every day in pothole central.
I also have an SRT8 Charger that has a full kit on it, that kit is driven every day (when my wife is not home with back surgeries).
Neither car is too harsh, neither car would i change.
The Camaro is superior to both of my cars in design of suspension, and the comfort level is better on a car with our full kit.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #7
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
We put Pedders busshings on our 2010 camaro and drive it every day.I am bias but it was a huge improvement.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
VRMMMM

My Friend has a 2009 G8 that had 8000 miles on it when he replaced the bushings on it. The stock bushings were already falling apart. A balance between ride and handling is great, I just think for bushing to look trashed after 8k miles is kinda week. This is a Camaro and the aftermarket will find any weekness it has and fix it. I want to fix this part in my car.

By the way, my friends G8 said by replacing his bushings his car, "just feels right" Its a fairly cheap mod, why not do it.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
A word of caution if going for the full heavy duty bushings, you will get quite a bit more noise transmitted into the cabin. Yes they firm up the ride but there is a lot of gear whine and clunking especially when shifting gears. Ask me how I know. I was told this is from the HD diff bushings. Nobody told me this when I ordered them.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMMMM View Post
I want to have every bushing replaced that makes a differance in my car. This is a daily driver, but I know manufactures install crap in these cars, I want them out, car is 3 weeks old.

Not to insult the brand at all, but, I know that the specs call for something, and the bean counter comes in and says, lets go 3 steps down, and, just want the best for my car is all. Nuff said.
Hi VRMMM, if you are looking for the best, then you need not look any farther than our comprehensive 2010 Camaro Control Arm Bushing Kit. The Pfadt Control Arm bushings for the 2010 Camaro are designed to limit bushing deflection to maximize steering response while maintaining drivability and comfort. Utilizing lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum sleeves that are hard anodized to create incredible surface hardness and microscopic pores to hold our special grease. These sleeves are then Teflon coated to further reduce friction. This is then coupled with our graphite impregnated polyurethane bushing which uses deep grooves to hold grease and continuously re-lubricate the surfaces for long and quiet operation.

The Pfadt FTA Street Spherical is designed to allow articulation in all of the required directions for ease of steering and suspension articulation while achieving maximum stiffness during braking. To maintain good ride quality a new extra-large plastic race bearing is utilized which is capable of absorbing vibration. This creates phenomenal stability under braking and hard cornering.

The result is an ultra lightweight, ultra-low friction system that is a full 3.75 lbs lighter than the OE bushings and more durable then ever before.

We have also designed suspension arms that are both lighter and stronger than the OEM arms. These is a very important upgrade for the rear suspension because there are a lot of Camaro owners out there that are bending both the trailing arm, and the toe links under medium-duty use! We can replicate this in our structural analysis of the OEM parts. So if you are going to be launching the Camaro or plan on doing any type of racing, the bushings are an awesome place to start, but the arms will take up all of the deflection under loading, so you need to upgrade the arms eventually. This is why so many manufactures have addressed this problem and come up with solutions.

Let us know what you think. Pfadt Race Engineering certainly does not cut any corners with its products, so street comfort and durability have been addressed in the design of these bushings.

Contact me with any questions!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I will be posting my electric opinion on the subject very soon. I know this will be getting the mods juiced for a quick pick to read to scrutinize my verbiage for content worthy of their censorship. Or simply my eradication.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote