Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #295
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I've had mine since Dec. of 2010 and have not had any issues, knocking quickly on wood. I have even left my car parked for over 3 weeks and no issues. It is hotter than Hell in AZ and they have worked well so far.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #296
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
I've had mine since Dec. of 2010 and have not had any issues, knocking quickly on wood. I have even left my car parked for over 3 weeks and no issues. It is hotter than Hell in AZ and they have worked well so far.

Nice. I wonder why some got a malfunctioning tail lights. Maybe the QA did some random check instead of testing them one by one...or maybe the vendor sold it for cheap knowing that problems could arise in the future. I hope they fix all these problems asap as these tail lights aren't cheap.

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #297
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta6 View Post
Fixed the problem about the headlight thingy. It's just a loose connection. Once I get the resistor, everything will be prefect. I guess the problem with the fog and whatnot are in the old versions of this tail light...more like early release. Battery drain, on the other hand-I believe, is still a problem. I don't have that problem because I put a switch in it instead of hooking it up straight to the battery. Good luck to future owners and I hope you don't get problems with your tail lights.
What about your "Show Mode" setup. Remote/switch up front/switch in the trunk? I love the remote idea. Deke736 has the best solution for anybody who has a battery drainage problem. I'll use a battery tender if I ever have to let her sit for an extended period of time.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #298
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I was going to put an update long time ago, but forgot. LOL

Anyway....
I had my friend run the red cable to a fuse that only receives power when ignition is on. Ever since this change I've had no issues with my Braille battery.

Just an FYI for you guys draining the battery.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #299
delta6
USN-MSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
What about your "Show Mode" setup. Remote/switch up front/switch in the trunk? I love the remote idea. Deke736 has the best solution for anybody who has a battery drainage problem. I'll use a battery tender if I ever have to let her sit for an extended period of time.
Remote is the way to go but I decided to have a separate switch for my show mode and the battery connection. I put it on my trunk...hidden actually so nobody can see it but me...not unless if they started looking for it. I'm thinking of routing it on the front seat but I changed my mind.

I would suggest that you put a switch for the battery so that you don't need to use any battery tender or whatnot...just a click away and you're good.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #300
delta6
USN-MSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
I was going to put an update long time ago, but forgot. LOL

Anyway....
I had my friend run the red cable to a fuse that only receives power when ignition is on. Ever since this change I've had no issues with my Braille battery.

Just an FYI for you guys draining the battery.
...and that too...whatever is convenient for us...as long as its working.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #301
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta6 View Post
Remote is the way to go but I decided to have a separate switch for my show mode and the battery connection. I put it on my trunk...hidden actually so nobody can see it but me...not unless if they started looking for it. I'm thinking of routing it on the front seat but I changed my mind.
I'm going with the remote just because I like the idea of not having to stop, get out, open the trunk, hit the switch, close the trunk, get back in the drivers seat etc... Just a click on the remote and its on/off. SHOWTIME FOR SHOW MODE!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #302
delta6
USN-MSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I'm going with the remote just because I like the idea of not having to stop, get out, open the trunk, hit the switch, close the trunk, get back in the drivers seat etc... Just a click on the remote and its on/off. SHOWTIME FOR SHOW MODE!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #303
delta6
USN-MSC

Update: Got the resistor, everything is working perfectly. I secured the resistor properly as it gets hot really fast...I would suggest that you do the same thing too...just in case it melts/burns the outer covering of your wires. It's better to prevent it now than wait til something happens...

Old 07-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #304
Normagene

Got my RP100 remote and returned the RM100. Took like a whole five minutes to install. Now from the drivers seat I can press the on/off buttons. Works like a champ! Glad I didn't have to run a hard wire and drill any holes. Way way better!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #305
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Could someone post which wires from the techno lights are wired to the remote relay wiring?
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #306
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
If anyone wants absolutely flawless technostalgia taillights who doesn't have them yet, I'll be selling mine within 3-4 weeks. So, definitely let me know.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #307
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
Could someone post which wires from the techno lights are wired to the remote relay wiring?
What switch are u using? I used the RP100. From the taillights the only wire not connected (purple) is the one you ground for the "show mode" feature. The red wire from the taillights is/should already be connected to the POS on the battery.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #308
Normagene

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RP100-12V-DC-with-0V-out-dry-contact-wireless-remote-control-on-off-relay-switch-/00/s/NDk3WDcwMg==/z/HFUAAMXQq2VRnYvp/$T2eC16VHJGwFFYlnrMhTBRnYvf(oMg~~60_3.JPG
I'm hoping that's the diagram from the RP100 Switch. Not sure if it copied or not.