Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #29
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That thought crossed my mind, but I didn't think who ever you bought them from would do something like that. Sorry you got the wrong wheels, but at least you figured it out....

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #30
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
That thought crossed my mind, but I didn't think who ever you bought them from would do something like that. Sorry you got the wrong wheels, but at least you figured it out....
LOL. I had the same thought but was thinking maybe the shop got the wheels mixed up and was trying to put a rear on the front. But def going to double check my wheels that's still in boxes. Glad the OP figured this whole thing out.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:26 AM   #31
pimpaluv

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
LOL. I had the same thought but was thinking maybe the shop got the wheels mixed up and was trying to put a rear on the front. But def going to double check my wheels that's still in boxes. Glad the OP figured this whole thing out.
I knew I wasn't installing them wrong due two 2 wheels were looking like slicks and the other 2 we're about 50%. I had a shop install two 305 on the slicks being rears. The other 2 were on 285/35/20 being front. I went to a shop and purchased 2-3/8" spacers for the mean time. There is a salvage yard about 60 miles away that has a front rim but is asking 500 or 600 with tires. That's almost what I paid for all 4. It's not too noticeable unless you're eyeballing it. I might just go out there and have them swap it . Wish me luck.
pimpaluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:04 AM   #32
DwayneB

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
5th generation ZL1 rims recessed

Anyone know what these recesses are around the mounting studs where they
pass through the backside of the ZL1 rim? I've heard it is a production thing that clipped the rotors and held them in place during production.
My SS rims do not have this.
Attached Images

DwayneB is offline   Reply With Quote