Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-22-2021, 07:01 PM   #1
rednecks70

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, '70 Chevelle 454
10% Pulley Question

Currently have CAI and a catch can installed. I have a set of 1 7/8 kooks headers ready to install and was going to get a tune as well but would really like to add a pulley to get the most out of the tune. Do I need injectors to do a 10% pulley with headers? Reinforce brick or heat exchanger?

Eventually I want to do an 18% pulley and a small cam but have to wait a few years until my youngest son graduates college. Obviously I was going upgrade the injectors, address the fuel pump needs and heat exchanger at that time.
rednecks70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:39 PM   #2
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecks70 View Post
Currently have CAI and a catch can installed. I have a set of 1 7/8 kooks headers ready to install and was going to get a tune as well but would really like to add a pulley to get the most out of the tune. Do I need injectors to do a 10% pulley with headers? Reinforce brick or heat exchanger?

Eventually I want to do an 18% pulley and a small cam but have to wait a few years until my youngest son graduates college. Obviously I was going upgrade the injectors, address the fuel pump needs and heat exchanger at that time.
I ran that setup for a couple of years without and then with headers. Duty cycle was fine. No concern for the brick with the 10%. You will need injectors with 18% along with some form of fuel assistance I.e. BAP or bigger fuel pump, plus a tune to support. I would suggest a crankcase quick release breather which you can get from JRE, might just save your rear main seal.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:39 PM   #3
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Your injectors will be fine with a 10% pulley.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:34 PM   #4
rednecks70

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, '70 Chevelle 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
I ran that setup for a couple of years without and then with headers. Duty cycle was fine. No concern for the brick with the 10%. You will need injectors with 18% along with some form of fuel assistance I.e. BAP or bigger fuel pump, plus a tune to support. I would suggest a crankcase quick release breather which you can get from JRE, might just save your rear main seal.
Thanks. I was unaware of the rear main seal issue and will look into the breather.

Is this the one?

https://jannettyracing.com/collectio...2015-camaro-ss

Last edited by rednecks70; 07-22-2021 at 09:05 PM.
rednecks70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:50 PM   #5
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecks70 View Post
Thanks. I was unaware of the rear main seal issue and will look into the breather.

Is this the one?

https://jannettyracing.com/collectio...2015-camaro-ss
Yes, he puts a quick release plastic valve inside to release pressure if it gets to high. Since you are on your way to 18% might as well do it at 10%.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote