Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #645
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Right. That's a good point. And the fact that I guess Jason isn't doing the ported LFX manifolds anymore the average person would be out of luck. Combine that with the fact that there's nothing wrong with the ported stock TB, yeah, the 80mm is just another "option", not necessary.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #646
Gossamer

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Right. That's a good point. And the fact that I guess Jason isn't doing the ported LFX manifolds anymore the average person would be out of luck. Combine that with the fact that there's nothing wrong with the ported stock TB, yeah, the 80mm is just another "option", not necessary.

When did you hear Jason was stopping the ported manifolds? Was I lucky enough to get one of the last few?

I could match up the intake easy enough and open her up to match IF i thought there was a real benefit to going to 80mm.

From what little i've found, it's one of those if you're running stock and have a choice, get the 80mm, if you already have a ported 72m no real reason to upgrade with a NA engine.
Gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #647
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
When did you hear Jason was stopping the ported manifolds? Was I lucky enough to get one of the last few?

I could match up the intake easy enough and open her up to match IF i thought there was a real benefit to going to 80mm.

From what little i've found, it's one of those if you're running stock and have a choice, get the 80mm, if you already have a ported 72m no real reason to upgrade with a NA engine.
He posted a thread a while back saying no more ported LFX manifolds, so probably yeah. And yes, if you're going to stay NA, no reason to upgrade to an 80mm if you aren't going insane like cams and E85 and such.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:21 AM   #648
p.s.

Drives: 2014 v6 manual
Posting here only because I emailed will at overkill and never heard back. anyway I was running the fwd version of this on my camaro and it would squeal at a certain amount of throttle. was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I'm thinking it might be a mismatch in diameter between the manifold and adapter. I've tried pulling it off and re-applying it with same results. I'd like to buy the newer version of the adapter with the o-ring but I'm not sure if I'm going to without a tune as I didn't like how my car ran at idle.
p.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #649
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.s. View Post
Posting here only because I emailed will at overkill and never heard back. anyway I was running the fwd version of this on my camaro and it would squeal at a certain amount of throttle. was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I'm thinking it might be a mismatch in diameter between the manifold and adapter. I've tried pulling it off and re-applying it with same results. I'd like to buy the newer version of the adapter with the o-ring but I'm not sure if I'm going to without a tune as I didn't like how my car ran at idle.

You are mostly correct in your assumption. The squeal is caused by the air being directed off the throttle plate right into the plastic manifold lip. Notice my "before" pic below where you can see a few millimeters of the plastic lip on the inside of the adapter plate hanging over into the path of the air. That is your issue. A new adapter plate will not cure the problem. The fix is to port the manifold inlet to match the diameter of the adapter plate.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jazzzed; 08-31-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #650
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
More is more and bigger is better
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:58 PM   #651
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
Is Overkill still making 80mm throttle bodies? I can't get an answer from Will.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #652
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15RS2NV View Post
Is Overkill still making 80mm throttle bodies? I can't get an answer from Will.
Have you gone to the website and try to order one?
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #653
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
emailed with no reply. I guess I could try and order and see if it when through. Was wondering because haven't seen any posts on here from them since 2016
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #654
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15RS2NV View Post
emailed with no reply. I guess I could try and order and see if it when through. Was wondering because haven't seen any posts on here from them since 2016
There's also a guy on eBay that sells 76 mm throttle bodies I believe they're just new stock ones that have been ported and Polished. He seemed pretty cool and very informative and was able to answer lots of questions.

PROFESSIONALLY HAND PORTED
TO 76mm WITH A MODIFIED
THROTTLE SHAFT THAT REMOVES
AN ADDITIONAL 4mm OF
MATERIAL FOR INCREASED AIR FLOW
OVER "CNC" PORTING OR
STANDARD HAND PORTING.
BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE,
MID-RANGE, AND TOP END POWER
WITHOUT CUSTOM TUNING,
OR EFFECTING IDLE RPM,
WHILE IMPROVING TRANSITION