Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Chemical Guys Wash Menu

Hi, I am in NO WAY affiliated with Chemical Guys. I'm a pure consumer and, frankly, I was vexed by their expansive wash product lineup. What did I do to better understand what the offer? I created this Wash Menu for myself and decided to share it here on C5.

I'm not quite sure if my Use/Benefit row is completely accurate. Give me your inputs/experiences and I'll update accordingly. I'm compelled to try this Extreme Boy Wash and Wax wash since the benefit, as I've enumerated in its column, is that it helps to reduce water spots.

Anyway, hope this helps you.

-CRT
Name:  Chemical Guys Washes.jpg
Views: 7355
Size:  172.8 KB
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Chemical Guys Washes.pdf (379.7 KB, 639 views)
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
nice menu.
i have glossworkz sitting there. waiting to try it out.
i would like to see how the Etreme body wash and wax performs with the CG claim of lessening water spots
Old 07-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Wow, that is some work. Kudos to you for putting it together.

Here's what I've learned about chemical guys: They make a ton of product, never retire the old, confuse their customers, their own showroom guys don't know the difference, and apart from their soaps, not much is great.

I am trying to completely use up all my chemical guys stuff and never buy into the hype again.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post

Here's what I've learned about chemical guys: They make a ton of product, never retire the old, confuse their customers, their own showroom guys don't know the difference, and apart from their soaps, not much is great.

I am trying to completely use up all my chemical guys stuff and never buy into the hype again.
Blacklight is great.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

yep, CG is very confusing with their products. i have spoken to a few reps and non gave me one serious answer.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Blacklight is great.
maybe you can enlighten me. what ids BL exactly ? sealant,glaze with abrasives ?
the guys i talked to couldnt give me a good answer
Old 07-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:

Funny you say that b/c that's the problem they've created for themselves. In an attempt not to lose existing or old customers they have confused their new customers and prospects. It's ironic b/c they have great product demonstration videos on their site and YouTube and the guys showing off the products seem genuinely to like them and believe in them. I don't feel as a viewer that I'm being sold to.

I'm a product manager and clearly their product line shows they don't have clear focus of WHAT and WHY. WHY relates to customer PAIN which is why I added the Use column. As a customer I want to know WHY (pain) I should use one of the products. TIP: people pay for pain meds. Vitamins are optional. Lots of the products' value statements are "lifts dirt and debris and won't harm your wax/sealant". Umm, ok .. but I want to know more than that.

I have noticed that some of their products seems to actually strip my wax/sealant job which is why, frankly, I spent the time to chart this all out. I don't want to strip away my sealant by merely washing my car each week.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
maybe you can enlighten me. what ids BL exactly ? sealant,glaze with abrasives ?
the guys i talked to couldnt give me a good answer
All of the above. It does have some very very fine abrasives to restore shine. Its got great filling additives as well and has some protection properties as well. It's fantastic under a sealant.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
All of the above. It does have some very very fine abrasives to restore shine. Its got great filling additives as well and has some protection properties as well. It's fantastic under a sealant.
Interesting.
Have you tried the BL and v7 combo everyone loves ?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
white ZL1

Drives: none
I've got the Citrus Wash and Max Suds II out in the garage.
Make no mistake, Citrus Wash will pull your wax and sealant off if you use too much of it.
Max Suds II is easily one of the slicker shampoos that I've ever used. I will absolutely continue using this stuff.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
POWERMAN

Drives: '13 Charger Sxt+
Quote:

Lol, you know, I saw his response to one of your questions i.e. as to why they have so many different types of wheel cleaners..

Sometimes I can't help but believe that Greg gets a bit defensive when he gets confronted..

OP, Does glossworkz have sorta filler? how else would it be able to remove light scratches?

And what exactly does gloss enhancing mean?
POWERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
Tecca

Drives: ...
Nice job CRT. I know you copied from CG's website which confuses me because it is almost like they do not know their own product, it seems like they doctor there findings to confuse us more. I use a lot of their stuff but most of it is just marketing or just plain stupidity.

Such as Citrus Wash & Clear. If diluted as stated on the bottle it will remove sealant and wax. Then their ecowash, they state it has no suds where it does, Maxi Suds II and Mr Pink have more suds than Wash and Gloss. I can go on, but is it worth it.

For the question on Glossworks, it is a great rinseless wash product and one bottle goes a long long way.The adding depth and shine is basically is because it it loaded with synthetic agents and is based around their Synthetic Detail Spray.

To be honest if you want to make it simple I would pick up either Mr. Pink, or Maxi Suds and call it good. If you need it to strip your current wax or sealant I would just add some APC to it, such as P21s. Then just use V7 for a detail spray and call it good.

Also I would skip Glossworks and use ONR as it is more versatile.

I wish they would bring over their No Touch Snow Foam from the UK, it is their best snow foam, better than Honeydew.

Anyway great post, it is nice to see someone try to make since of CG products.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #13
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:

V07 is great.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #14
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Interesting.
Have you tried the BL and v7 combo everyone loves ?

I have and love it.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote