Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
Bumper Removal and Oracle LED Headlight and Foglight install

I think i will copy this or make a separate thread in DIY for the bumper removal. So the instructions for the LED halos from Oracle have as step 1 remove bumper, well here is how you remove the bumper and the headlight assemblies so that you can work on them.

Step 1
remove the clips that are on the top of the front fascia like in pic 1.

Step 2
remove the bolts and star bolts that hold the bumper on top(where the GM performance tab is).

Step 3
remove the two bolts under the bumper

Step 4
remove the star bolts and clips in the wheel wells so that you can peel them out of place enough to get your arm in there.

Step 5
remove one star bolt and three regular bolts on each side of the bumper in the wheel well area around the signal markers that connect the front quarter panels to the bumper.

Sounds simple enough but i gotta say i sat there a while finding all these bolts and star bolts so it took me a while. The highest bolts on the sides that connect the bumper to the front quarter panels were a real pain because they are hard to get to. If anyone has any suggestions for those out there removing their bumpers to get to the headlights or for any reason please speak up. Will post more when i get the headlight assemblies apart.
Pic 1 and 2 are of the clips that are both on top of the bumper and in the wheel wells. Pic 3 is of one of the 2 bolts on the bottom of the bumper. Pic 4 is of one of the holes that attaches the wheel well to the bumper. 5 is the car with the bumper off.
Attached Images

klove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
lostinvt
Serial #589!

Drives: 2010 2RS/SS
That's great, was holding off on doing halos because I couldnt find this info!
lostinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
klove

OK so this next part was kind of difficult(it feals like your breaking your headlight assembly but i called Oracle and he said it just sucks to do and have at it). From here on in there are pretty detailed instructions from Oracle, you heat up the oven to 230( i heated mine up to 275 after a couple of rounds at 230) and stick a headlight in there, i suppose a heat gun would have worked just as well but i decided to follow instructions. Put it in there for 20 mins and the pop the tabs on the headlight lens and get a screw driver up under the lens with the plastic still soft. This was far easier said then done. It took me a lot of tries at 275, you have to push one side down pretty far to get the screw driver under there. Once the first edge is up it is pretty simple but i still reheated it several times after the first edge was up to aid in the process. After thats done you take out the old halo and install the new LED halo. You epoxy it in the housing, and i snipped the old halo wiring and connected it to the new ones to make it an easy fit back to the power wires. After the new halos are in its time to put your lenses back on your headlight. You use black silicon around the edges of the housing and then put the lens back on and hold it in place with vice grips for a reccommended 3-4 hours. Mine are an hour and a half into the silicon drying time. I hooked the lights up to test them before i sealed the lenses again and it is a pretty sight. I cant wait till they dry and i can see them at night. On to the fog light halos
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
Chip Wrecked

Drives: 68' RS, 10' 2SS ABM
This thread is a big help. Thanks.
Chip Wrecked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Great info! Thanks .
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
klove

The fog lights are pretty easy, at least compared to the amount of work that the headlights were. You take the fog lights out of the bumper, the bezels have to come out first. You then have to cut the lenses off, i used a reciprocating saw, AAC used a band saw. Then i epoxied the halos in place, epoxied the lens back on. I put a bead of silicon around the lens because it didnt fit right back on and i dont want any water getting in there. While i had the bezels out of the bumper i decided to paint them silver. I also got chance to put in my new black powder coated grille by T-REX and for all the hard work messing around with this thing it turned out awesome.
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
Li0nel1234
What should I name my car

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to Li0nel1234
How do you have them on at the SAME TIME?

Blows my mind. haha
seriously though how'd you do that? Thanks for linking me to this great write up thanks for taking the time so others can copy you. LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEEEEET
Performance: ARH 2"/"3 headers + ARH 3" HF catback system, SS brake lines, hawk HP+ pads, motul RBF 600 fluid, K&N CAI (w/custom insulation), plug wires, air scoop, Hurst STS, Pedders Track II suspension, 18x10 wheels, 295/45/18 Nitto NT05s
Looks: powder coated iom calipers, LED foglights w/ always on harness, custom painted bowties, window tint, smoke tinted tail lights etc, oem gfx w/ custom outlets, painted taillight bezels, all weather trunk mat
Li0nel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
I love the fogs
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
How do you have them on at the SAME TIME?

Blows my mind. haha
seriously though how'd you do that? Thanks for linking me to this great write up thanks for taking the time so others can copy you. LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEEEEET
This is a SS1, which means he has fog lamps and of course the headlights have no Halo. So he added the Halos to headlights and now can have both the fogs and the headlights on and have the look of a SS2, I like what he has done and in another posting he shows the powdered black grills he added. Most impressive indeed.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
Al 522

Drives: 68 Camaro, 2010 Camaro
I wonder if putting just the halo in the fog lights on the RS package will give you both driving AND head lights. If the two were hooked up vs the DRL.

Victory Red 2SS/RS, Grey Ralley Stripes, Ground Effects, Grey Leather, Manual Trans
Al 522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
I think he may have it controlled by a remote so he can switch them on and off with the headlights?

thanks for doing this in perfect timing as this is my next mod.

much props!!
DON_RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #12
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Awesome info, thank you so much!! I just received my halo rings and was a little confused since i thought they came with a plastic cover so they would look like the stock halos when off. So im curious, how do they look when they're not turned on? I will be installing my new halos using the info from this thread, thanks again.

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #13
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstairs View Post
This is a SS1, which means he has fog lamps and of course the headlights have no Halo. So he added the Halos to headlights and now can have both the fogs and the headlights on and have the look of a SS2, I like what he has done and in another posting he shows the powdered black grills he added. Most impressive indeed.
Not true. 1SS or 2SS doesnt make a difference, the RS package is what makes the fog lights into DRLs. He has them on at the same time either by a switch for the "fog light" halos, or has them wired to the parking lights switch. Easy to do.

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #14
CamaroSS24
Ford Convert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Yellow/RS pk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Mike View Post
Not true. 1SS or 2SS doesnt make a difference, the RS package is what makes the fog lights into DRLs. He has them on at the same time either by a switch for the "fog light" halos, or has them wired to the parking lights switch. Easy to do.
I thought that was retarded, not being able to put Fog lights on because I paid MORE money for the RS package. Who made that decision? At least leave them on with the headlights or let me turn them on/off at night. Crazy. Must be an Australian thing.....
ORDERED: April 15, 2009 Est. Delivery: August, 2009?

CamaroSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote