Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #43
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
I've noticed my outside thermometer becomes more accurate once I start driving but is wrong while parked.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #44
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
I've noticed my outside thermometer becomes more accurate once I start driving but is wrong while parked.
Yes, it's supposed to do it, but mine isn't. I received the following info via email from GM yesterday...

To assure greater accuracy of the reported outside air temperature, the display is programmed to perform updates on the following schedule when the vehicle is started:

If the vehicle is driven at:

1. 25-40 km/h (15-25 mph), the display will update after 5 minutes.
2. 41-60 km/h (26-37 mph), the display will update after 2 min 30 sec.
3. 61-100 km/h (38-62 mph), the display will update after 1 minute.

Once the first temperature update begins, the outside temperature display is refreshed every 2 seconds.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #45
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
Quote:
Is your suggestion to visit the dealer related to the vehicle or the music?
The song came on while I was taking the picture. You can see my presets on the bottom.
I suggest the dealer for the problem with the temp readings

I suggest other professional help with the "pop" music. I do agree that there were a few good bands in the 90's like Soundgarden and a few other hard rock bands - just not the "pop" bands like they play on that station.

I'm just bustin you a bit. I couldn't help it when I saw the pic.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #46
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skid mark View Post
I suggest the dealer for the problem with the temp readings

I suggest other professional help with the "pop" music. I do agree that there were a few good bands in the 90's like Soundgarden and a few other hard rock bands - just not the "pop" bands like they play on that station.

I'm just bustin you a bit. I couldn't help it when I saw the pic.
The 70's crowd still hasn't justified KISS.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:11 AM   #47
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Yes, it's supposed to do it, but mine isn't. I received the following info via email from GM yesterday...

To assure greater accuracy of the reported outside air temperature, the display is programmed to perform updates on the following schedule when the vehicle is started:

If the vehicle is driven at:

1. 25-40 km/h (15-25 mph), the display will update after 5 minutes.
2. 41-60 km/h (26-37 mph), the display will update after 2 min 30 sec.
3. 61-100 km/h (38-62 mph), the display will update after 1 minute.

Once the first temperature update begins, the outside temperature display is refreshed every 2 seconds.
It sounds like you have already been in communication with the appropriate parties to look into your temperature gauge, PDXSSCE. However, if your vehicle is still experiencing this concern, please let us know. We would be happy to look further into your situation in tandem with your dealership.

Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information and preferred dealership if interested.

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #48
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
It sounds like you have already been in communication with the appropriate parties to look into your temperature gauge, PDXSSCE. However, if your vehicle is still experiencing this concern, please let us know. We would be happy to look further into your situation in tandem with your dealership.

Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information and preferred dealership if interested.

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Private message sent. Thank you Steph.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #49
yihnuh

Drives: ford
My car reads warm when it's been parked on a hot day on hot pavement. Once I start driving, it's accurate. My other car (which is not a Camaro) does the same thing.
yihnuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:43 PM   #50
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Mine reads really high when setting at a red light or stopped
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #51
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
My appreciation to GM for their team work & assistance in getting the issue resolved. It was confirmed that the sensor was at fault & it's been replaced. All is right with the world again.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 AM   #52
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Mine is always dead on. I don't judge by those signs because they never seem to be accurate but I got in the car the other day around 5pm and it read 117 degrees. Went home, watched the news and the high temp for the day was...117 degrees.
Redacted
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:21 AM   #53
Clammy Clemens
Z2M

Drives: Oxford White 2014 Mustang GT
summer girls eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clammy Clemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #54
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
Mine has been acting a little goofy lately. Sometimes it sticks but will "unstick" if the car is driven a few miles on the freeway. Then it started to read a little high. The thing is.... there is no way to know if what you're comparing it to is accurate.

I finally put a thermometer in the garage next to the car and the car reads a few degrees higher than that, so I'm assuming the sensor is off a little. The sensor itself costs under $4 so I just might replace the thing myself if I can find it and get at it. For 4 bucks it isn't worth wasting time at the dealer.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:50 PM   #55
Daxal84

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS AGP Twin Turbo
My thermometer keeps getting stuck the opposite way. Ever since I washed it last week I've been getting the Icey Conditions warning on every start up. It was almost 90 degrees out today. Any chance I could have messed up a sensor with the power washer? Anyone know where that sensor could be?
Daxal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:02 PM   #56
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Got a 2015. Had two sensors put in. They both read 80 degrees all the friggin time. Biggest POS part in the Camaro but...I didn't buy it for the weather forecast.