Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
CAMARO WILL BE AT MY DEALER (San Antonio) TOMORROW!!!!!

My dealer just called. He told me they just got word from the factory that GM will be bringing a yellow Camaro to their dealership tomorrow, Wednesday, February 18, between 9am and 10am. He said he "thinks" it is an SS.

I will certainly report back with pics, etc...

The dealership is Cavender Chevrolet in Boerne, Texas (San Antonio).

Maybe those 5 Orange Camaros on that truck in NY were going to deealerships Wednesday.?

Steve
Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
I guess we know what you'll be doing tomorrow!
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
PICS'!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
You will be hunted down and tortured by Jack Freakin Bauer if you are lying.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
txogre

Drives: 2010 LS3 1SS/RS IBM/white stripes
Thanks for the info, going to be there as well now. Going to be my first time seeing the new Camaro in person.

Sam
txogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
DAMN!!! I was just in San Antonio this weekend! Why couldnt it have been sooner!?!?
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolwip View Post
My dealer just called. He told me they just got word from the factory that GM will be bringing a yellow Camaro to their dealership tomorrow, Wednesday, February 18, between 9am and 10am. He said he "thinks" it is an SS.
Is this the dealers "car" that all these dealers are getting extra from their first allocation? Is this going to be the test drive car for the dealer, or just show/look at?

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Damnit! Having a 7 to 5 job sucks sometimes. I would totally be there with my 10MP camera if it weren't for work.

Maybe I can get my boss to let me take an hour off :P
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #9
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Not sure. My contact at the dealership just called me and said he just found out that the factory is bringing a yellow Camaro out between 9 and 10. Sorry guys - thats all I know. I will take pics and video.

From RT21
"Is this the dealers "car" that all these dealers are getting extra from their first allocation? Is this going to be the test drive car for the dealer, or just show/look at?"
Old 02-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Confirm the time again for me and I'll be there!!

Little early for lunch but I think I can swing it!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ok guys...

here's the deal.

The car is an SS. I believe it's a 2SS due to the black leather interior and center 4pack gauges. I wasn't able to look inside it. It has a sunroof and NO RS package.

It's straight up yellow...no stripes.

The car belongs to GM and is being driven by the SA area GM rep. I believe his name is Gary. He was at Ancira twice and I ran across him over at Ken Batchelor Cadillac off IH 10 at Huebner.

It'll be nice for you guys to run out and check out the car. Hopefully, there won't be any reps or service guys around or they will GIVE YOU THE COLD SHOULDER just like they did to me.

Yes...that's right. I am freakin' pissed off just thinking about it. I was looking at the car. 4 guys including the GM guy come walking back to the car. I jokingly asks who's got the keys. All 4 of them BLOW ME OFF. No smiles, no laughs...nothing.

I ask who's car it was. NO answer. It's like I'm freakin' pulling teeth! I finally give them a heads up for what I do in my spare time...Modding on Camaro5 for ALMOST 3 YEARS...which is a website dedicated to THIS CAR...the one YOU ARE GETTING IN!

GOD does it tick me off. I also mention Scott, John, Cheryl...and FINALLY....the DRIVER speaks up saying it's Garys car and they were headed to lunch. I PULLED for the info of where it would be the next day and they told me out of town at some other dealer.

Man was I ticked off then and I'm ticked off now. POOR, POOR, POOR customer relations. VERY POOR.

GM gives you this car FOR THE PUBLIC to see...to drool over...and to ask questions about. And what do you do? BLOW PEOPLE OFF.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
TAG - wow that sux!
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
Kelster

Drives: Many
Yowza

Ayn Rand
Kelster is offline   Reply With Quote