Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
ordering questions...how long, when should i order... etc

i'm pretty new here (this is my 3rd thread post i've started... i'm on a roll) and i have so many questions. i attempt to read thru threads so that i don't ask questions that have already been answere somewhere else, but it's getting too confusing for me lol! there are just SO many posts! so i'm hoping someone can help me and help me figure out some stuff.

first, a little background! i'm 27 and i've been in love with the camaro since i was about 6. it's the first time i can remember seeing a picture of my dad's old yellow one... i can't remember the year off the top of my head. but i fell in love and have dreamed of having a camaro ever since. NOW is the time... and i AM getting one! but i'm so stressed about the whole ordering process that it's literally waking me up in the middle of the night and i lay awake for hours thinking about it. so PLEASE can someone answer my questions for me. i only have one or two!

question 1, does anyone know how long, if i were to order my car tomorrow, how long would it take for it to be delivered? i know how much i have to have saved for my down payment to insure that my car payment is what i want it to be every month, so i want to know how long i will have from ordering until delivery to save money. should i order now and not expect it until christmas or later? or would it be sooner so i should i save as much now as possible and then order in a few months so that i can have a head start on the saving? if it's going to take forever to get here then i want to order it as soon as possible, but if not i will hold off. no dealers can really help me and give me an answer so i'm getting so stressed thinking about it and trying to figure it all out on my own.

also, the dealer i would may be going through said that they have 2 orders in right now... 1 is getting "picked up" by gm on tuesday... i don't know exactly what that means, but he said that he doesn't know how long the car after that will take to be picked up but after that one i would be next. so really there is only one car ahead of me that would need to be picked up by gm. does that mean that right now they don't have allocations? and what are the allocations? does it mean that they had one allocation and that's why that order got picked up? and now they just have to wait for another one?

as you can see i'm pretty clueless when it comes to this whole ordering process! i want to save as much money as possible... hoping to get about 5-6000 equity for my car and save an additional 5000 on top of that... so i definitely need the extra time to save...
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
haleyd
determined future owner

soooo can no one help me?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Wareal

Drives: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
soooo can no one help me?
8-12 weeks estimated, subject to dealership open allocation--barring any production complications (see the V8 manual tranny threads).

I have open allocation. My orders input last week are now at 3000 with a TPW of 8/10/09.

Last edited by Wareal; 07-24-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Wareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
^^^Probably the best-simplest answer you're gonna get.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
haleyd
determined future owner

okay so if i still want to save anothe 5000 i should hold off on ordering it, right?! my dealer told me yesterday that i should just order it now (no money down until it's pickedup by gm is how i understood him) and then if it gets picked up before i think i have the money saved i can just cancel it. i'm assuming that he has to wait to even have anymore allocations. at this point it doesn't really sound like he does yet.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:05 AM   #6
Amok

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Sure, just wait. Who knows, by the time you're ready to order you might get/find a better deal. (discounts, special programs, etc)

Amok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
Sure, just wait. Who knows, by the time you're ready to order you might get/find a better deal. (discounts, special programs, etc)
the other problem i've come to is that i'm afraid that the longer i wait, the later this year it will be. i live in northeast indiana so i'm afraid i'll get it in the winter or something... then i'll have to not only get used to driving a new car, but i'll have to get used to driving a camaro in the snow. seriously, why does this have to be so stressful LOL!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I live in a city that has four Major chev dealers. All have wait lists I picked one that got me on the 1100 list and I have been at that number since 6-11-09. I email my dealer at least once a week. I am number 11 on the 1100 list and my dealer at this time gets 4 allocations a month. So sometime in September I should be on able to get on the build list then sometime in November I will get my car. I am told that if people on the list drop off that to will move me down faster. Good luck on your ordering process I think it will be totally worth it. Sad part is in the last week I bet I have seen at least five camaro's driving in town and each time I just look at it and drool.. and day dream about mine lol..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
haleyd
determined future owner

ha! i know what you mean. i'm lucky enough that i live in a small town so this particular area hasn't seen TOO many of them. there is a black one, a yellow and maroon one, but i have only seen the yellow and maroon (red jewel). i don't think my dealer gets nearly as many allocations as the one you went to. in fact i don't think they really know much about the allocations. it's pretty frustrating to not be able to get any kinds of ideas or answers from the dealer. it's making it really hard for me to decide when to order. i have someone interested in my car right now who is willing to pay 6000 more than i was offered in a trade (he doesn't know that shhhh) but he said he can't wait too long so i feel like if i don't do it now, i will miss this opportunity to get A LOT more for my car!

i see that you ordered the exact same thing i did!!!!! that's exciting i LOVE that color.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
haleyd, my dealer had a 2LT, ABM, black interior, polished wheels, white rally wheels at my dealer and and it was ready to go. you didn't say if you want the stripes, but it looked AWSOME!! you will certainly love that combo, if it weren't for the fact that I want a Inferno Orange w/ the inferno Orange interior, I would have driven out with the Aqua, it was my second pick for colors. but after seeing it, I wouldn't settle for anything less than what I wanted. As I have stated in nother thread. :{D
Old 07-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
haleyd, my dealer had a 2LT, ABM, black interior, polished wheels, white rally wheels at my dealer and and it was ready to go. you didn't say if you want the stripes, but it looked AWSOME!! you will certainly love that combo, if it weren't for the fact that I want a Inferno Orange w/ the inferno Orange interior, I would have driven out with the Aqua, it was my second pick for colors. but after seeing it, I wouldn't settle for anything less than what I wanted. As I have stated in nother thread. :{D
really? that's pretty much what i want. oh wait, i want an RS too though....where is your dealer located???