Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
GuyWhoDoesStuff

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Need LS3 Dyno tuner near Tallahassee, FL

About to pull the trigger on my first few mods for my '13 SS 6M. Headers, full exhaust, CAI, and a Dyno tune. Need recommendations for a GOOD shop near me (3 hr drive or less) with experience on LS3s. Thanks a ton in advance, guys.
GuyWhoDoesStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
I believe the general consensus is that dyno tunes are overkill for bolt-ons. Save yourself the time and money and get a handheld programmer and remote tune from either DynoSteve @ RDP or Ted Jannetty @ JRE. They both know these cars inside and out and offer free tunes for life if you buy your parts from them. I got an SCTx4 from RDP and dyno'd 424rwhp with just a CAI and Headers, that's about a 50-60hp bump from stock. Steve doesn't do remote tunes for FI though so if you ever plan to go that route, definitely start with Ted.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
GuyWhoDoesStuff

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I have other mods in the works( cam, heads, possible turbo, and maybe a 100-150 shot of nitrous) I need to know of anyone close enough to do the tune, or I'll wait on installs until I can make a trip.
GuyWhoDoesStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #4
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
No one near Tallahassee....You'll have to saddle up to find a dyno..
Old 02-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #5
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Jre...to many bad reviews to ever trust them To do a tune.

I’ve only bought parts from RDP so can’t comment on their tuning. But he wants a Dyno tune so why push him towards a hand held? I’d go down to Tampa as it’s probably going to be closes city with multiple options
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote