Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #15
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Definitey looks like oil with a lot of moisture in it to me. I too suspect the catch can setup - I've not seen a setup with the drivers side can, so I can't comment on if that's proper or not. The open air element in a moist climate sounds like trouble, and the fact that it was full of water definitely sounds like trouble - I'd get rid of that guy at least. I do know not all catch cans are created equal - I run an Elite Engineering one as they have a good reputation vs. some of the e-bay options. I'm guess that drivers side one is a big part of your issue.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:56 AM   #16
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I wonder if I can remove the breather and just cap off the top of those cans? Its an AGP dual set up. I think I will call DynoSteve and see what his suggestion is on this. I will look into changing brands as well. Thanks again guys.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #17
Gordy87

So done some more reading, and I have now rerouted the way my can hooks up. Would this look correct for a N/A application? I have not hooked up the line from driver side valve cover, until I get more hose. But looking at doing it just like the drawing.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #18
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Hard to see exactly where you are connecting but it looks right from what I can see. Here is a closeup from mine if it helps.

You do not need to route a line to the valve cover. The ventilation port is correct here. The diagram would be if you did not have that port access.
Attached Images

2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #19
Gordy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
Hard to see exactly where you are connecting but it looks right from what I can see. Here is a closeup from mine if it helps.

You do not need to route a line to the valve cover. The ventilation port is correct here. The diagram would be if you did not have that port access.

Good deal. Thats how mine is now, just as yours shows. I will just leave the extra lower port on my can capped then, and then get a cap for the other valve cover. As of now, the single can is still hooked to it, due to not cap to put back on the nipple. Thanks for all the help,