Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #911
rccamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Nice positioning of the SLP badge. Fits right in.
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #912
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Man, that Tahoe is amazing haha
Old 09-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #913
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
Man I love the badge! And thanks for the kind words coming from you ! They do mean a lot
Thank you my brotha! And coming from anyone should mean a lot, because you've created a fantastic machine & you should be proud! I always appreciate my overseas brothas continued support! I just hope you continue to accept me in the VERY NEAR FUTURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Those Kick plates look super cool J , where've you been bro missed you here on the forum !!
P, my first overseas brotha, we will always be connected thanks to a set of rims & tires, every time I see da Bullet it makes me smile knowing I have a little bit riding on that whip!!! As for my absence, I may not have been posting all the time, but I'm subscribed to all my brothers threads, so I always do see what's going on. Just with the move, and selling some properties, and gearing for a new career path, it seemed that life just got in the way. But like I said, I'm always in the loop! You've made me very proud from your accomplishments & I wish you continued success!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Nice positioning of the SLP badge. Fits right in.
Thanks RC, you're another LTL, as I like to call them, Long Time Local, to my build and have always been one of my biggest supporters, and I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart! The SLP badges do fit perfectly, it's a shame because the pics really don't do it justice as it looks more silver, but it's really Black Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Man, that Tahoe is amazing haha
Thanks Punk, that's my BABY!! It's really incredible and to be honest, that Tahoe gets more looks, stares, thumbs up, people asking what is it, and telling me what a great job I did on it, than my ZLX gets Don't get me wrong, the Camaro snaps necks every time I have it out, it's just I drive my Hoe every day, and she's been very, very good to me!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ

Last edited by Kronix; 09-30-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #914
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
MAN thats a beast ! i think yes you should keep your number plate , since this car is already a beast , and I'm sure it will look much more meaner from stance to performance congrats bro !
Old 09-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #915
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
for the memories.

Jake.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #916
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Wow!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #917
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Thats badass, please tell me your keeping the camaro too

Edit:just read your getting rid of her, after all the work and time and hours you put into her really ???
Old 09-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #918
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Not trying to avoid you John, putting together something....Just darned proud of you for who you are and what you stand for....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 09-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #919
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Taking Strides!

John,
I wanted to take the time to let you know how proud Kathy and I are of you! Over the last few years that we have come to know John Couf, you have proven to shine with the best of them. It seems in everything you do, I have seen your thought process grow with time...making decisions that matter in regards to others!...
We have also watched you grow in your love of God and allowing Him to simply be by your side and trusting in your faith. It seems every time I read this wonderful thread, I find out something different about you...and "it does a heart good"....
Please continue to chase your dreams and once you have captured one, never forget what got you to that point...

I wanted to give you a look at the past and the present!...

Congrats John Couf. You are truly a GOOD friend...

Kurt and Kathy Keller ABL99...
Attached Images

Last edited by aquablueL99; 09-30-2013 at 08:07 AM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #920
Kronix

q

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
MAN that's a beast ! I think yes you should keep your number plate , since this car is already a beast , and I'm sure it will look much more meaner from stance to performance congrats bro !
I'll have time to thing about it SS-SS, but you're right it does fit, and the gears are already spinning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
for the memories.

Jake.
Thanks El Presidente, Pedders was a definitive component of the ZL/X, I'm glad I made the right choice & went with the best!

Talk to you tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Wow!
Just wait my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Thats badass, please tell me your keeping the camaro too

Edit:just read your getting rid of her, after all the work and time and hours you put into her really ???
I know bro, but hopefully I can find someone that wants a one of a kind car. But unfortunately people think they can do the same for $45-50,000, good luck and better start saving money when the $hit starts breaking! I've learned there's 2 people in this world, those that do it right and those that do it wrong. For the latter they always have to learn the hard way, stuck clutch goes, upgrade $2000+....break an axle, upgrade $2000 (hoping that there was no serious damage done)....start throwing belts at 550 RWHP, upgrade $2000+.....notoriously weak rear end goes, upgrade....$4-5000+....I can go on & on, but people want to learn the hard way...Can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Not trying to avoid you John, putting together something....Just darned proud of you for who you are and what you stand for....
Kurt ABL99...

You had me scratching me head Kurt....A dope that sinks 6 figures into a car and then wants to sell it with 3600 miles for pennies on the dollar! Thank God I'm not a financial advisor I'd never think you were avoiding me Kurt, you've taught me too much to abandon me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
I wanted to take the time to let you know how proud Kathy and I are of you! Over the last few years that we have come to know John Couf, you have proven to shine with the best of them. It seems in everything you do, I have seen your thought process grow with time...making decisions that matter in regards to others!...
We have also watched you grow in your love of God and allowing Him to simply be by your side and trusting in your faith. It seems every time I read this wonderful thread, I find out something different about you...and "it does a heart good"....
Please continue to chase your dreams and once you have captured one, never forget what got you to that point...

I wanted to give you a look at the past and the present!...

Congrats John Couf. You are truly a GOOD friend...

Kurt and Kathy Keller ABL99...

Kurt, You do know I owe every change I've made to you and I've publicly and proudly stated that! But of course, being the humble friend you are you'll never acknowledge that, but I will continue down the path you've taught me and always look for the light at the end of the tunnel, not matter how dim it may be. I owe you more than I can ever repay you for what you've taught me, you've been an inspiration & hero for years. I just hope one day I can be nearly half the man that you are. You'vegot way more admirers than you give yourself credit for. To my Good Friend Kurt, Much Continued Respect and Admiration, oh mighty ABL One!!!

Old 10-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #921
Kronix

Hi all Hope all my forum family is doing well!

The ZLX is back up on Ebay, I pulled the original auction Friday night with a bid of $52,500, and have several people interested that I'm communicating with. The bidder came over Friday with his wife to see the car in person & have me take them for a ride. The wife turned pale during the ride, and told her husband, "You are not getting this car!!!" It was awesome!! I had no intention of selling for $52,500 & I'm not paying Ebay $2000 if I let it run out. I'm also putting an ad together for Modified Car Trader website and I'm meeting someone from the forum on Friday that just sold his 2012 Calloway Vert Camaro, so at least he'll be used to some speed

Kronix ZLX Ebay Listing, Ready for the ride of your life?

Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #922
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Words cannot describe how much I want to have the privilege of owning this car...

Much like you, John, my new dream car recently came into existence thanks to Chevrolet, in the form of a Laguna Blue manual Z51/MR Stingray. I would take one over any Ferrari, any Porche, any Lambo... you name it, and I'm serious. The C7 is my definition of pure automotive perfection, and I don't even have to drive one to know it. I cannot express how much it moves my emotions. In fact, I'm not letting myself go to the dealership, who has 'my' exact car available right now(!), because I'm honestly worried that I might do something very stupid...

...but I want the ZLX even more.
There's just something beyond special about several like-minded individuals coming together and bringing a one-of-a-kind vision to roaring life, with the dedication, surgical precision and attention to detail to match. It's not just about the parts, it's about the people. Heart was mutually put into this car. That's a rare thing to see these days at any price point, and it's oooh-sooo refreshing. Even my wife understands that, and that's why she wants me to have it, too (a rare thing indeed! lol).

Alas, it's still just beyond our 'justifiable' reach. It would certainly be financially possible, but I don't think I have a good enough reason to justify robbing our bank account every month by quite that much. I can only hope that whoever takes this car home knows not only what it has, but what it really is.

I'm sad to see it leave you, but I know your new Stingray will definitely pick up where it is leaving off, and I sincerely hope beyond all else, that it brings good people closer together. Good luck with it!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #923
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Words cannot describe how much I want to have the privilege of owning this car...

Much like you, John, my new dream car recently came into existence thanks to Chevrolet, in the form of a Laguna Blue manual Z51/MR Stingray. I would take one over any Ferrari, any Porche, any Lambo... you name it, and I'm serious. The C7 is my definition of pure automotive perfection, and I don't even have to drive one to know it. I cannot express how much it moves my emotions. In fact, I'm not letting myself go to the dealership, who has 'my' exact car available right now(!), because I'm honestly worried that I might do something very stupid...

...but I want the ZLX even more.
There's just something beyond special about several like-minded individuals coming together and bringing a one-of-a-kind vision to roaring life, with the dedication, surgical precision and attention to detail to match. It's not just about the parts, it's about the people. Heart was mutually put into this car. That's a rare thing to see these days at any price point, and it's oooh-sooo refreshing. Even my wife understands that, and that's why she wants me to have it, too (a rare thing indeed! lol).

Alas, it's still just beyond our 'justifiable' reach. It would certainly be financially possible, but I don't think I have a good enough reason to justify robbing our bank account every month by quite that much. I can only hope that whoever takes this car home knows not only what it has, but what it really is.

I'm sad to see it leave you, but I know your new Stingray will definitely pick up where it is leaving off, and I sincerely hope beyond all else, that it brings good people closer together. Good luck with it!
Bro, I appreciate so much the time you took & the compliments you've given me, not just now but over the years. And what a compliment to hear that your wife would even approve, you have a real keeper there my friend!

I don't think I could've described the collaborative effort that went into building this car, any better than what you said. You nailed it on the head, and that takes a special individual. I've got a true connection with this car, and have felt like a parent interviewing babysitters, as opposed to just take the first person's check. I want this car to go so someone, just like you, with an appreciation for what's been done, but as I'm realizing, that takes patience. I wish you were telling me you could take it, and know that it'll stay in the family and be well taken care of for many years to come. But I also understand that everyone has their own obligations & priorities that always must come first.

Again, what you wrote really hit home, and only made me wish more that it's someone like you that will experience the countless hours that have been put into this build to achieve perfection. I received a similar comment from a car collector in the central part of the country this past weekend. He's been looking long and hard for a built, Gen 5 Camaro, and he said that I have one of the top 3 Camaros in the country. I feel embarrassed even repeating that here with so many awesome cars, but it felt awesome to hear such a thing from someone in the know. So there are people out there that appreciate the collaboration that came together to build the ZLX, and to this day I appreciate it every time I'm behind the wheel of it. This car has given me a great feeling of satisfaction and has made childhood dreams come true! I want someone else to feel the same sense of pride and enjoyment, so like my good friend, Pete of Pedders Suspension told me last week, that I just need to have patience (among other wise words of his infinite wisdom) and one day it'll happen. When that day comes, I will be sad, but I'll also be happy knowing it's in good hands and I know that whoever it may be, will have a life changing experience.

Thank you again my friend for the kind words, and should you ever change your mind, it would be an honor to turn the keys over to you!

Old 10-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #924
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Hey John...I found another thing to play with.....overlays on photos....

What da ya think?..

Kurt ABL99...
Attached Images

Last edited by aquablueL99; 10-07-2013 at 05:31 PM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx