Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Circuit Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 STi
New Release *BC Racing Coilovers*

We just posted up our info and FS thread here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post1514208

We are one of BCR's largest authorized retailers and we can answer most questions for you guys. So we figured we'd post up and let you guys ask away.

We'd rather not get into a "X brand is better than Y brand debate" but we can touch on some of the features and adjustabiltiy, options, useage, settings and all that good stuff.

So if anyone has any questions feel free to post here or PM us!

Few quick points:

-8k/10k springrates

-Dual-height adjustability

-30 levels of damping force adjustment

-Available for both V6 and V8 Camaros

-Locking lower rings and beefy shocks/pistons

Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
What is the default ride height, do the start at a certain drop and go lower from there?

Also can these be set to a stock like comfort level (or better)?

Are these quiet? I had KW's on my last BMW and they made a lot of noise when the suspension compressed...

Do stock compenents need to be re-used, like the stock strut hats etc...

Thanks in advance, they do look nice.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Eski7399
Arizona All Gens

Drives: 2SS/RS, M6, IO-Int
Would like to know more too. Seems too good to be true.
Eski7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Circuit Motorsports
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
What is the default ride height, do the start at a certain drop and go lower from there?

Also can these be set to a stock like comfort level (or better)?

Are these quiet? I had KW's on my last BMW and they made a lot of noise when the suspension compressed...

Do stock compenents need to be re-used, like the stock strut hats etc...

Thanks in advance, they do look nice.

1. You can be right at about stock hiehgt to about 2" lower or so, right at the tire meeting the fender. I will post up a pic of a Camaro with a kit installed.

2. The springrates provided are setup for agressive stret use/auto-x. So they will firm up the ride and provide a good base for handling improvements. They shouldn't be "harsh" for daily driving. However, we can do custom rates for our customers. So if you want a super stiff setup for track use, a softer rear setup for drag, or an all around softer setup if all you want to do is cruise, we can accomodate you

3. They won't be silent, as any suspension upgrade usually replaces super soft rubber with harder materials, but they shouldn't be "noisy" either. If they are installed correctly there should only be a small amount of noise gain over the stock suspension.

4. They will replace your stock shocks, springs and lower mounts. You will need to re-use the stock top-mounts. The advantage there is that it keeps the NVH to a minimum.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
Circuit Motorsports
Account Suspended

Here you go, pics of 6liters ride with the first set of BCR's installed:

Old 02-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
Were do you order?? seems like you site is not up yet
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Circuit Motorsports
Account Suspended

No unfortunately 2 days ago the company we had our servers with suffered an issue, and our site has been down for the last 48 hours. As you can imagine, we are not pleased :(

I CAN however still process any orders and pre-orders myself. So feel free to PM or call us and I will take care of you personally, just ask for Tristan if you call
Old 02-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Slide It

Drives: Camaro SS
Sweet!

Been waiting for you guys to bring these out. I'm in!
Slide It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
What % stiffer is this over stock?

on totally stock just adding these coilovers what is the skidpads numbers expected to increase to?
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
Eski7399
Arizona All Gens

Drives: 2SS/RS, M6, IO-Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
What % stiffer is this over stock?

on totally stock just adding these coilovers what is the skidpads numbers expected to increase to?
Have you guys tested them to show these types of numbers like the "others"?
Eski7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
Circuit Motorsports
Account Suspended

We are one of the major dealers for BCR but we don't do much testing on our own. I don't think BCR North America will be doing any full blown comparison tests with skid pads and g force numbers and all that. Honestly....most of that stuff is just marketing hype and there are SOOOO many variables in tests it's impossible to relate them to any other data from any other company.

The only way to do a real comparison is on the same day with the same exact car and completely swap out the full suspensions from each company onto the same car and perfectly realign it. Even then the morning numbers won't be perfectly matched to the evening numbers by the time you get all the tests done becuase the track temps will be different.

Basically.....I would put money on the BCR's performing *very* close to a popular brand advertised on this forum, and they would be close enough to the bigger name guys too for the money they cost. They are a great "bang-for-your-buck" setup.

I run a set of the BCR coilovers on my personal car. Have for the last 3 years

BTW - 8k/10k = 450lbs/564lbs.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #12
Smoke-Em

Drives: V8 SS
Looks like a sweet deal. PM'd you guys.
Smoke-Em is offline   Reply With Quote