Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
BCS......standings..........

BOOMER SOONER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'
Old 10-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Football is dumb!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Bite your tongue Ssooch! Congrats PQ...don't choke
Old 10-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Computers should not be involved in football unless it's to play Madden!

just sayin'

LSU #6, really? Geaux Tigers! The next two weeks are going to be hard to watch though...

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post

just sayin'

LSU #6, really? Geaux Tigers! The next two weeks are going to be hard to watch though...
I agree but if Miles would stay with one QB (Lee) it might be doable.
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
Bite your tongue Ssooch! Congrats PQ...don't choke
Don't congrat me. I don't play for the Sooners. I can't choke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post

just sayin'
VOTING isn't any more credible than computers.

At least with the computers you get credit for playing actual Div. 1 schools instead of filling your extra 4 games with pattsies. Oklahoma plays an OOC schedule that is better than the MEAT of Boise STs normal schedule.

You should get credit for who you play. And voters rarely even look at that. Computers don't forget. When the voters look at the list they see a team who shows a certain number of 'Ranked' teams you beat. They don't realize that some of those teams arent' even in the top 50 now.

I always hated, and still do, how when it shows who you beat, it shows the ranking of the team when you beat them.
Case in point:... (and I"m not picking on Bama, but Penn St. and Forida are a good example)

You have voters looking at a team (Alabama) that has beat 4 ranked teams. #7, #10, #18, and #19.

When in fact right now they have beat 2 teams that are ranked. #21 and #23.

On Bamas list of who they beat it shows;
#18 Penn State (now unranked at 3-3)
#7 Florida (now unranked at 3-3)
#10 Arkansas (lost 2 of the last 3 and down to #23)
#19 South Carolina (lost to UK the next week, down to #21)

The computers will show this. Voters watch Oklahoma dismantle Iowa St. and jump Oklahoma over TCU who beat BYU by 4 TDs. I'm a Sooners fan and even I know that ridiculous.

On the flip side. Voters DON'T see the teams that you beat that weren't ranked that now are.

They also don't recognize that Oklahoma destroyed Florida St. and Florida St. then went down to Miami and beat a damn good Hurricane team on the road. FSU only has the one loss. TO OKLAHOMA.

Computers don't miss this stuff. Voters do.

Should Oklahoma be ranked #1???

I say why not? BUT, I say any one of them could be ranked #1. Rankings are stupid. But if you have to rank them, I see no reason to not rank Oklahoma #1. Along with Auburn, Oregon, Missouri, Oklahoma St., Michigan St., and LSU.

Disclaimer, as far as LSU goes, I'm tired of hearing how lucky they are. A win is a win is a win..............

Yes, they are probably the worst undefeated of the bunch, but I still put them over Boise St. and TCU for the simple fact that LSU this year to me is the perfect example of TCU, Boise, and Utah, being ranked under the rest of the unbeatens. Had LSU played one of those schedules, they wouldn't be called lucky right now. They would have won more convicingly.

Another reason the NFL is superior imo.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Can't argue your logic PQ....another one of those years that it seems like nobody wants to be #1....
Old 10-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
I don't disagree with your logic PQ although I disagree with some of the particulars. I am still not on the Oregon boat-they are doing well but their schedule hasn't been all that impressive either. Its not really any tougher than BSUs or TCUs.

I don't think BSU should be number 1 either; I'd like to see them move on though because I think they're in the best position to get the system retooled. The meat of their schedule sucks though because they're in a sucky conference. Hopefully their move to MWC helps, but they still would have been better off in the Pac-10. They have to go OOC to play Oregon State University and Virginia Tech.

I think there are quite a few teams that want it bad this year, just not your usual suspects. I think Oregon and BSU would be a good bowl. I don't think that should be the championship though.

Oklahoma and LSU maybe?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
biting my nails already waiting on LSU @ Auburn. theres something under the HAT!

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
biting my nails already waiting on LSU @ Auburn. theres something under the HAT!
I could be wrong but I am looking for LSU defense to contain Auburn it's just if we can score or not!!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
I don't disagree with your logic PQ although I disagree with some of the particulars. I am still not on the Oregon boat-they are doing well but their schedule hasn't been all that impressive either. Its not really any tougher than BSUs or TCUs.

I don't think BSU should be number 1 either; I'd like to see them move on though because I think they're in the best position to get the system retooled. The meat of their schedule sucks though because they're in a sucky conference. Hopefully their move to MWC helps, but they still would have been better off in the Pac-10. They have to go OOC to play Oregon State University and Virginia Tech.

I think there are quite a few teams that want it bad this year, just not your usual suspects. I think Oregon and BSU would be a good bowl. I don't think that should be the championship though.

Oklahoma and LSU maybe?
Oklahoma and LSU have not really impressed the whole season. Of course, who has?

So I suppose, but Boise St. right now is getting credit for beating the #10 and #24 teams. Those 2 teams are one unranked and the other hanging on at #25.

So Boise RIGHT NOW has a best win of beating #25. That's it. At least Oregon has beat #12 RIGHT NOW. And beat them pretty bad.

MWC??? They could call up Big 12 commisioner RIGHT NOW and really push to take the vacancy. Bit of travel may not be the best fit but they could have at least made a push for the Pac 10. I won't give them much more credit for being in the MWC.

Again, ....... I do think they could line up against any team and compete, but those other teams earn the spot more. Maybe it's just college football I don't like. But play a big boy schedule or GTFO..............

Pull up BSUs schedule and Oregons. click on the teams they play and how well they are doing. Oregon comes out on top.

And I heard it said that BSU really has a good shot this year becasue their schedule is stronger than usual. Psh.................

And TCU hasn't played a single team that is currently ranked. And probably won't.

Probably no way to fix it. If I had my way, we'd have 6 major conferences of 16 teams and you could either join one or GTFO.......... but that would not be 'Fair'.

Maybe not, but it's still why I can NEVER give CFB the credit it deserves.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
theres something under the HAT!
An idiot......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
I could be wrong but I am looking for LSU defense to contain Auburn it's just if we can score or not!!!!
Actually, me too.

I'd love to see LSU beat them. But I know they won't.

Another tid bit to ponder.

Here are the out of conference winning percentages for the following teams conferences. Not counting their own wins.

83%, 25-5, Auburn/SEC
83%, 25-5, LSU/SEC
80%, 33-8, Michigan St./Big10
80%, 32-8, Oklahoma/Big 12
80%, 32-8, Oklahoma St./Big 12
80%, 32-8, Missouri/Big 12
66%, 18-9, Oregon/Pac 10
50%, 17-17 Boise St./WAC
40%, 12-18 TCU/MWC
40%, 12-18 Utah/MWC

And Boise States answer is to go to the MWC???

NICE..............

Last edited by PQ; 10-21-2010 at 01:21 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Being a fan of the last team to win the BCS, the 2009 BCS National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide, I do not like the BCS and here is why.

Boise State and TCU. The media is in love with these two teams and trying their best to put them in the BCS Title game. Their votes are reflecting it, ESPN is advertising basically for these teams and that is a joke.

There is no way under God's green earth that Boise St, TCU, Utah etc... could play a schedule that is consistent with the SEC, Big 12, Pac-10, Big 10, probably the ACC and Big East and contend. Look at these conferences they usually play at least 6 to 8 conference games.

BS, TCU, Utah could not play week in and week out in any of the conferences and WIN. Let's take a few of the conferences.

I'll take my beloved SEC. Everyone claims that the SEC has BAD Teams and they always bring up Vandy, Kentucky, Miss State to name a few. I will bring up Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina.

Alabama lost to SC, Kentucky beat SC, Florida housed Kentucky, Alabama housed Florida. LSU beat Florida but baely beat Tennessee. Week in week out every team in the SEC has a real chance to lose because of the level of play.

Take the Big 12. Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Texas Tech etc...

None of these teams , Utah, Boise, TCU could survive this type of scheduling and be consistently good, or undefeated.

Look at Alabama. Alabama has had some of the best recruiting classes in the past few years. They are talented beyond belief, they have a great coach, excellent facilities, depth and they still lost a game. Sure they were undefeated last year, but that was one year. Take Florida with Tebow, Look a Texas with Colt McCoy, Auburn with Cam Newton, Alabama with Ingram and Richardson, Oklahoma with Bradford, all great team, all have had great seasons, but very few, one, was undeafeated. Why ? Because of the leagues they play in.

This does not even take into consideration the Pac-10, USC, Oregon, Cal, Stanford or in the East Miami, Florida State, WV, Wisconsion, Ohio State the lsit could go on and on.

Look at Boise's schedule they played a mediocre team in Virginia Tech and barely won, imagine if the next 11 weeks they played 7 other top teams. Undeafeated , I think not.

The BCS is trying to give the NC to Boise because of one football game 4 or 5 years ago when they beat Oklahoma. Yes they won, but look at history. Alabama got smoked by Utah and that team went on the win the BCS the following year, does that mean Utah would have won it. NOT, same thing with Boise just because they beat Oklahoma once means nothing.

I am actually hoping that Boise State makes it to the Title game and plays either Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon I believe people are sick and tired of hearing about Boise and want to see them get stomped so all this will go away. Boise could not hang with either of these teams. Once every 5 years or so does not make them a great team.

The only way I will publically support Boise St is if they solicate the SEC, Pac 10, Big 12 to play and gets turned down. People always say that no one wants to play Boise St, which partly is true because people don't want to go to Boise and play. Why? Because of money, Boise hold what 35000. Alabama holds 100000, Texas holds what 90000 ( unsure about that ) but alot more than 35000 or so. There is no financial benefit to play a team like that away.

If Boise seriously wants to be considered then they should have the same mentality as Fresno St, Anyone Anywhere Anytime. Start scheduling an Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State etc.....play the big boys and either have success or shut up already but you can not play one top 25 team a year and be considered for a National Championship.

Even if the was a playoff with 8 team or 16 teams. At a minimum they would have to play 3 top teir teams. Does anyone think the would win. I think Not. My final point about this is look at Alabama last year. They did have a play off system. They played a real game Auburn team, played a team in Florida with Tebow, that everyone in the nation thought was the best team, maybe ever and then played a Texas Team witha starting QB that was what 45-2. He did get hurt and who knows how that comes out but the point is Boise could not have run that gauntlet and won. JMHO

Which is my point for the computers. Computers take all of this into account. There is a reason the computers love OU right now and usually do. People like to talk smack about schedules but rarely go look at everyones schedule. Other than OU the teams they played out of conference; FSU (6-0) AFA (5-1) Cincinatti (3-2) and one pattsie. Cincinatti was a top ten team last year. AFA is consistently ranked. NOBODY steps up bigger than OU out of conference year in and year out. It goes widely un-noticed because like Cincinati, you never know who will be good. But EVERY other major team schedules at least TWO and THREE pattsies. BOISE STATE plays 9 pattsies. And OU plays 6-0 Missouri this weekend and still has OSU who is currently 6-0. THAT's why the computers love OU.

SEC teams schedule two or three pattsies typically because their normal schedule is on average one team tougher. SEC teams play their out of conference schedule spread throughout the season too.
Which is why it pisses me off when the Florida Bama LSU fans I know talk about their scedule being so much tougher. It isn't. Becasue OU steps up out of conference. Like I said before, OUs out of conference schedule is tougher then BSUs entire schedule. And look at LSU, BAMA, Auburns out of conf. schedules. Looks like Boises regular schedule. 3 patties each.

OUs ooc schedule would be Boise St.s bragging point right now. THEN OU has to go play a major conference schedule. It's a freaking joke.

Everyone should go read Alabamas schedule.
Then go read Ohio States schedule.
Then go read Auburns schedule.
Then Oklahomas.
Then Boise St.s schedule.
And TCUs schedule.

Put them all side by side and see if you don't laugh at BSU and TCU.

Oh, and while Boise is getting all this credit for blowing teams out, the ONLY markee win (VT) they won 33-30.

Last edited by PQ; 10-22-2010 at 02:03 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
I'm not advocating for BSU. I sort of liked PQs 8 divisions of 16 teams. My understanding is that the Pac10 did not want BSU and had made offers somewhere else and now that they are in the MWC they have a 3 year commitment or something like that.

As far as: "I am actually hoping that Boise State makes it to the Title game and plays either Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon I believe people are sick and tired of hearing about Boise and want to see them get stomped so all this will go away. Boise could not hang with either of these teams. Once every 5 years or so does not make them a great team."

I'm of this mindset myself. I don't know if they'll get stomped, but it's a put up or shut up thing.

Your list is bad though because BSU beat the Oregon Ducks in 2008 and 2009 and Oklahoma in 2007. So it's not once every five years, it's once a year for the last 3 years. I think they'd play a good game against Auburn and LSU too. Apparently so do most of the coaches (not just the press). So it's not once every five years, it's once a year for the last 3 years.

I don't think they'd be undefeated in a conference like the SEC or Big 12. I think they'd be a 1 or 2 loss team. They could very well be undefeated in the PAC10- I don't care what conference they're in, I still think they'd show up as top 12 the way they are playing. Conversely some teams get credit just for being in the SEC and they're crap teams.