Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #29
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Man, I need to step it up to keep up with you guys. Nice build good sir!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #30
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Car look sick!

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #31
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Thanks guys
I swapped my MBRP exhaust today for a Magnaflow Street. Much quieter now even with the headers. I think I will be happy with this new setup. No popping, and easier on the ears inside the ride.

Last edited by ddavis; 03-27-2011 at 11:12 PM.
ddavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #32
ddavis
boostalicious

Installed the rotors & hawk hps pads today

Pretty straight forward install. Took about 20 minutes each corner. A few other things on the way.... Cor Wheels, Nittos, Coilovers, and retrofitted HID headlights

A few pics from the install...

Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 AM   #33
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Dude. Car looks awesome, grill is very nice too. My vehicle is similar 2SS with GFX, MBRP exhaust with sq. tips.
What's the bottle in the trunk? Is that some new meth setup? Usually it looks like a winshield washer bottle in the trunk. Your's looks more like a small version of a nitrous bottle.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #34
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful car.

I wish I could take photos like that. Great job.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #35
ddavis
boostalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Dude. Car looks awesome, grill is very nice too. My vehicle is similar 2SS with GFX, MBRP exhaust with sq. tips.
What's the bottle in the trunk? Is that some new meth setup? Usually it looks like a winshield washer bottle in the trunk. Your's looks more like a small version of a nitrous bottle.
Thanks man, Its just the meth pump your seeing. The tank forms around the pump. Coolingmist makes the kit Im running. You always want your pump to be lower then your tank so the fuel feeds with gravity instead of against it. This is coolingmists solution to that, saves space at the same time.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #36
ddavis
boostalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful car.

I wish I could take photos like that. Great job.
Thanks man, photography is a hobby of mine, so I get a bit of practice playing around with cameras. Practice makes perfect, give it a shot man
Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #37
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
Thanks man, Its just the meth pump your seeing. The tank forms around the pump. Coolingmist makes the kit Im running. You always want your pump to be lower then your tank so the fuel feeds with gravity instead of against it. This is coolingmists solution to that, saves space at the same time.
Yes. I went to the website after I saw your setup, and they have some new tank as part of this system. That's a good idea what they did.
Are you concerned about the meth dependancy with the roots style SC? How often do you have to refill your meth tank? And, are you using the powder mix, or winter washer fluid from WalMart?
I'm curious about the process because I'm looking at my options for SC's and I'm down to the Maggie roots style and the ProCharger centri style.
I like the idea of the low down TQ for such a heavy vehicle, but I also like the higher HP's produced by the centri in the higher RPM ranges (I think this has to do with better cooling of the air), but the roots style seems to create issues with knock sensors due to the heat produces and the way to combat that is to use meth. The dependancy on meth has me concerned, because what happens if your on a long distance trip with the vehicle and you run out of meth? What then? Your engine is getting abused.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #38
ddavis
boostalicious

Im using 100% meth, which I would recommend. Its much easier then dealing with mixing, and you know what your getting everytime. I thought about running a 70/30 mix to help solve a issue im running into with my flowsensor (its overheating from 100% meth, but coolingmist will have a fix for it soon), but I dont like the idea of mixing.

You have a misunderstanding on if you run out of meth. Theres many ways to set it to come in when you want depending on your plans. I can drive my car without meth if I run out, I just need to keep it under 3lbs of boost since this is when I have the meth to start slowly misting in. This is extremely easy to do with a maggie, daily driving wont ever see any boost at all unless your opening it up or going up a steep hill (I see .2 or .3 sometimes when climbing a hill in the wrong gear. What you dont want to do is open it up when its empty. In the coolingmist kit theres a light that lets you know when your getting low, plus a flow bar that senses how much meth your flowing. I tend to check it everytime i pop my trunk, just to be safe.

I fill it up about once a month because i get on the gas a good bit. If your conservative it will last twice as long. Also you can buy 5 gallon drums of meth from race shops for 33 bucks or so. I havent went through it yet since I installed the kit about 8 months back. It really is easy to maintain and handle. Just like checking your oil.

I can tell you this.. ive felt heatsoak with the maggie and with my past turbo cars. Some days it would run great, other days it would feel like I had less power depending on the weather. With meth the car pulls consistently everytime now, and I know exactly what to expect. I would recommend it to anyone, its not as scary as people make it seem.