Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #57
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Talk about a jinx... Glad you're OK man. Hope insurance pays out nicely, and soon.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #58
Dasein

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT
The car can (and will) be replaced... that picture is pretty telling; the accident was really bad, but the important part is nothing happened. Glad you're okay.
Dasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #59
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADR_H8R View Post
get a lawyer. I hate dealing with other peoples insurance. What you have been through and are going to keep going through are going to be bad enough, you dont need that hassle too. Let your lawyer fight for you. On the brighter side I cant wait to see what you get next!
Get a lawyer? ... For what? No self-respecting attorney will take a property damage only case because there is no money in it for them at all and the client loses out (the attorney takes 33% of the settlement, remember). If it's a minor injury, even if he makes a claim, the offer isn't going to change much if at all. If it stays out of court, 33% + attorney's fees... and if it goes to litigation, 50% + fees.

If there's not a policy limits issue, a fatality or MAJOR dispute, it's almost always a good idea to try to work with the insurance company first. 7 times out of 10 you walk away with more money in your pocket anyway. Attorneys have their place, but it's not minor injury claims. That's what they want you to think.

OP, I'm really sorry about your loss... both your friend and your car. I'm assuming they total the car... so make sure they are running comparable vehicles to get you a fair value. Some insurance companies will just do 'book value,' which can shaft you. Look for vehicles of the same year/make/model, similar mileage and condition and get any receipts for stuff you've done in the last 6 months or so. They won't owe 100% because mods don't really increase the value of the car, but thinks like tint, stripes, tires, maintenance work can sometimes positively affect the value of the car. Good luck and PM me if you have specific Q's. I handle property damage/injury claims for a fortune 100 insurance company. Hope you're feeling better soon and that you get the car situation figured out, as well.

Again, so sorry for the loss of both your friends... :(

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #60
paultheman2007
SWFLGENS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
I am Glad to see your Safe the Car Did its Job Sacrificed its Life to save yours.

SWFLGENS on facebook.
paultheman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #61
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
This makes me feel a lot better about the size and weight of the camaro
Old 12-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #62
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Sorry about your car, glad you're okay. Too bad the other driver couldn't wait 5 more seconds for you to clear the intersection.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #63
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpaintballordie View Post
Last night I was leaving a friends house heading back onto the island from bluffton on highway 278, a couple days ago one of my friends were telling me how the camaro has a 5 star safety rating in every category and I was impressed but I wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was just getting to the intersection at Buck Island Road and I was doing around 57 mph in the far right lane. I saw this car in the opposite direction making a left turn to turn down buck island road, and wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was assuming they were going to slow down, to check and make sure they were clear to go, next thing I know I look over and their just making the turn, in the middle of the intersection about to hit me head on. I swerved to try to avoid the impact but it was to late. They hit me doing at least 50 mph broad side in the drivers side door. I spun out for a little and landed about 400 ft. Away from the other car in the grass. After realizing what happened I patted myself down to see if anything was broken or anything and then checked on them.

The drivers side door caved in about a foot to two feet, the front tire blew and the whole drivers side was demolished. But I walked out of the car totally unharmed, the only thing is I'm a bit sore from the seat belt but nothing serious. The fire department EMTs arrived and thought they had to cut me out of the wreckage and everyone was amazed at how bad of a wreck it was, but how I was totally unharmed.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone at Chevrolet and everyone ay the camaro5 family, chevy has been in my families blood threw generations and I realized why, they make amazing, safe, gorgeous cars.

I just wanted to say "thank you will all my heart chevy" for your guys smart studying and determination to make a safe car it really paid off for me in my case, you guys saved my life and I can't thank you enough

Last week my friend passed away after loosing control of her BMW and clipped a tree, and I'm fortunate that I was in a camaro during that event if I was in anything else I could of been seriously injured.

Thank you all again, and thank you for your time.
The main thing is your ok we can build you another " Bee " I will pass your story on to the Oshawa Build Team .

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #64
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
I am sorry about your friend in the BMW. I am sorry you were in an accident. It looks like you have very good driver skills to avoid an accident like that. Sure the Camaro is a safe car it also takes a real good driver to avoid a fatality accident. Because of your awareness and driving skills you may of not only saved your life but those in the other car. To that thank you very much.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #65
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Damn man, I'm glad that you got out unscratched! I'm glad our cars are built well and hope as few of us as possible have to feel it first hand.

Make sure you post pics of that new SS asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #66
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Soooo sorry to hear this! Glad to hear that your alright! Insurance can help take care of another Camaro!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #67
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
That sucks...Im soooo sorry about car :( Glad ur okay tho.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #68
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
That really blows and I am glad you are ok !!!! Cars can be replaced and people can't . I hope it all works out . If the insurance company wants to fix it keep pushing them and make sure they total that thing ....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #69
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Good to see you are OK. This is why I always anticipate people doing stupid stuff on the road. It has saved me from a couple close calls in my truck and Camaro.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #70
Doghead

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Glad you're OK!