Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Are people canceling orders?

Within the last 2 days I recieved a call from 2 different dealerships asking me if I was interested in buying a Camaro that they will have available for sale "any day now" if I wanted it. (I wanted to say, "WTF do you think?") But I thought all the dealership's allocations were full.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
There are always people who order then back out when it comes time to dish out the money......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
yea shit happens, loans fall through, ppl loose their jobs, get divorced, deaths etc.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'd jump on one of it was just the way I ordered mine, which is highly unlikely.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
Question all ye wise Camaro guru's...since GM only accepts a dealers order during their "allotment" for that month, wouldn't it be feasible that say customer #5 was called to confirmed their order...if #5 backs out, can't anyone take that slot and change the car to the way they want it? Assuming that #6 isn't bumped into #5's slot?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Metal Camaro

Drives: The beater
I have a question and I hope someone can answer it in this thread so I dont have to start when just to ask one question.

This will be my first time preordering a car and I want to know besides the deposit will I have to file for a loan the day I order or does that happen at a later date?

Reason I ask is because I'm currently in the process of saving up a huge down payment and I want to have all of my money when the car hits the dealer.

It would be awesome if I could go next week and order and know I have a car coming with everything I want one it...just would have my down payment saved up till oct-dec.

Please help and thanks
Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Camaro View Post
I have a question and I hope someone can answer it in this thread so I dont have to start when just to ask one question.

This will be my first time preordering a car and I want to know besides the deposit will I have to file for a loan the day I order or does that happen at a later date?

Reason I ask is because I'm currently in the process of saving up a huge down payment and I want to have all of my money when the car hits the dealer.

It would be awesome if I could go next week and order and know I have a car coming with everything I want one it...just would have my down payment saved up till oct-dec.

Please help and thanks
No loan that day. Just put down what they ask, genarally has been between 500 and 1000 dollars. The loan will happen when the car comes in.

Oh and Kia Spectra?

JK
Old 04-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #8
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
if some1 cancels an order the person in line behind them should be bumped up...but unfortunately i feel most dealers will look at this as an oppurtunity to get themselves a lot car to sell over priced...
Old 04-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Douge
Eurotrash Connossieur

Drives: 1985 Mercedes 500SEL
Quote:

It would be awesome if I could go next week and order and know I have a car coming with everything I want one it...just would have my down payment saved up till oct-dec. Please help and thanks

By that time I wouldn't be surprised if you could find one laying around and make a good deal on it. Pre ordering was great for the enthusiast and diehard fans, but not really necessary once the pipeline is filled. Depending on the dealer, ordering can put you at a slight disadvantage price wise as they may expect a premium to order you a car when they already have inventory on their lot and floorplan.

Its fun and you do get YOUR car, personally that would be worth a couple of bucks to me.

Lastly, assuming the pipeline is full and the dealer has allocation, I think you only need about 6-8 weeks lead time.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
if some1 cancels an order the person in line behind them should be bumped up...but unfortunately i feel most dealers will look at this as an oppurtunity to get themselves a lot car to sell over priced...

Cancelled orders will probably mean more profit for the dealers after they jack the cost up.

Oh and here's your smiley. lol Sorry
Old 04-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:

Please help and thanks

some dealers will run your credit just to see if you'll be approved lata down the road...but you wont actually get a loan that day...most dont care if you dont get approved tho...my dealer ran my credit and my credit score isnt bad(670 or something like that), but i dont have any history. which means i have never had a loan for so much money...5000 has been the most. but anyway i had dragged my mother along with me cuz i knew i wouldnt get the loan by myself, she is gonna co-sign for me but the dealer didnt even bother running her credit as a co-signer and told me "we'll just order it for you and if it dont work out, its not like we will have a problem selling the car."
Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
hellraiser

Drives: benz
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

Cancelled orders will probably mean more profit for the dealers after they jack the cost up.
Sure thing there, dealers love inventory...r u kidding us..cmon man..
hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

Oh and here's your smiley. lol Sorry
lol looks like someone noticed it was jacked.......
Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #14
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
some dealers will run your credit just to see if you'll be approved lata down the road...but you wont actually get a loan that day...most dont care if you dont get approved tho...my dealer ran my credit and my credit score isnt bad(670 or something like that), but i dont have any history. which means i have never had a loan for so much money...5000 has been the most. but anyway i had dragged my mother along with me cuz i knew i wouldnt get the loan by myself, she is gonna co-sign for me but the dealer didnt even bother running her credit as a co-signer and told me "we'll just order it for you and if it dont work out, its not like we will have a problem selling the car."
We could start a whole forum just on the credit posts...... Just remember every time someone runs your credit...it "dings" your credit