Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #113
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
Every time I take my car to Twin Peaks someone stops and takes a picture. One time I was sitting there with some friends on the patio, old guy walks out. He goes past my drivers side, stops, then walks around the front, the walks to the passenger side and looks at my car for a good minute then gets in his Blue Ford Raptor.

As he is driving out, he stops his Raptor in front of us, and asks us if one of was the owner. I reply yeah. He then asks me several questions about it and he takes off complementing me on my car.

HE COMES BACK 45 minutes later. Says he just had to look at it one more time, went on and on about it to his kids, and that he will definitely order a Stingray Blue ZL1 by the end of the year.

I swear I should get some kind of commission check.

Nice story
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #114
rzrbck_zl1

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT #702; '05 Hemi Ram
No great story at this point, but I'm always surprised the reactions I get. I regularly get asked questions about the ZL1 when I'm at a gas station, and this is the first car I've had where someone has actually approached me to see if he could take some pics (of course, he was an SS owner looking to upgrade!).
rzrbck_zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #115
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Just today at around lunch time I stopped to fill up. When I pulled in a few guys standing around an old pickup truck at the pump next to me were "wowiing" the car and making positive comments. As they were leaving, an old guy (on a Harley) was walking out of the snack store and asking me if I would take $30K cash for it right there, (I don't think he was offering, just making conversation). I told him more like $60k. He looked befuddled by my response, so i said "you haven't seen one of these before, have you?". He shook his head, so I rattled off some specs and his jaw dropped, like he wasn't sure if i was a nut job or something. I asked him to come take a look and I popped the hood. I rattled off some more specs and when I looked up, there were three other guys walking up saying they had to take a look for themselves. Lots of positive comments and one old guy on a Harley who'll be dreaming about a ZL1 tonight.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #116
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Just today at around lunch time I stopped to fill up. When I pulled in a few guys standing around an old pickup truck at the pump next to me were "wowiing" the car and making positive comments. As they were leaving, an old guy (on a Harley) was walking out of the snack store and asking me if I would take $30K cash for it right there, (I don't think he was offering, just making conversation). I told him more like $60k. He looked befuddled by my response, so i said "you haven't seen one of these before, have you?". He shook his head, so I rattled off some specs and his jaw dropped, like he wasn't sure if i was a nut job or something. I asked him to come take a look and I popped the hood. I rattled off some more specs and when I looked up, there were three other guys walking up saying they had to take a look for themselves. Lots of positive comments and one old guy on a Harley who'll be dreaming about a ZL1 tonight.
Great story! I Have people coming up to me when I stop to get gas alot too. Most have no idea what a ZL1 is. I have had one guy say I have heard of an SS before but not a ZL1. Is the SS better than the ZL1. I of course tell him all the stats including the horsepower and he says Holys--t!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #117
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrbck_zl1 View Post
No great story at this point, but I'm always surprised the reactions I get. I regularly get asked questions about the ZL1 when I'm at a gas station, and this is the first car I've had where someone has actually approached me to see if he could take some pics (of course, he was an SS owner looking to upgrade!).
Yeah this is the first car I have had where people come up to me and ask questions about it regularly.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #118
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
Every time I take my car to Twin Peaks someone stops and takes a picture. One time I was sitting there with some friends on the patio, old guy walks out. He goes past my drivers side, stops, then walks around the front, the walks to the passenger side and looks at my car for a good minute then gets in his Blue Ford Raptor.

As he is driving out, he stops his Raptor in front of us, and asks us if one of was the owner. I reply yeah. He then asks me several questions about it and he takes off complementing me on my car.

HE COMES BACK 45 minutes later. Says he just had to look at it one more time, went on and on about it to his kids, and that he will definitely order a Stingray Blue ZL1 by the end of the year.

I swear I should get some kind of commission check.

A couple of weeks after I got my car I seen a group of 5 teenage kids (boys n girls) from Korea (I think). They seen me come out and I asked them (Didn't know what they were doing until I asked )"What are you guys doing"?! One of them said we were just taking pictures of your car. We don't see any of these in our country. I said go ahead and take as many pictures as you want, just don't touch the car please. They said with relief "OK thank you very much" It was pretty cool.