Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

View Poll Results: Camaro5fest 2011 - East coast or west coast?
East coast 353 1.39%
West coast 211 0.83%
Central US 204 0.80%
PQ's House 24,638 96.98%
Voters: 25406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #155
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'd be more in favour of a single C5 fest, in a different region each year. South east for 2010, maybe out west next year, north east after that, then south west, and so on. Or keep going to the same place each and every year. Make it our home.

While it would be cool for it to be hosted at Milford or something, I doubt GM would go that far for us. I'm thinking it would cause more of a headache for them than they would gain in PR.
Was just a thought

Old 04-21-2010, 12:55 AM   #156
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z/28 View Post
Was just a thought
I'd be surprised if GM doesn't do more in future years, I just don't see them going that far.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #157
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Vegas would be nice and afford people the open air and freedom of mobility.

I've been to more than a few events there and even one of SLP Customer appreciation days at the race track and it was more than perfect!

Besides, what's the significance of rolling in on the FBody gatherings coat tails to Valdosta when they already have the "mojo" there?

I'd strongly suggest making another venue choice to not only "own" the Camaro5Fest as it's own entity, but also to get people out on the actual highway cruising to get to there.

If not somewhere like Vegas Motor Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway, or the likes, then why not think about heritage??

I understand the Bowling Green, KY thing for the Vette crowd.....so why not Van Nuys, CA, Norwood, Ohio, or Oshwa, Canada...??? (no forget that last one...not many of us can make it back across the line once we leave...lmao) But something like that would be nice and keep within the heritage/history of the actual Car.

My humble opinion of course.

Where ever it is next year, we'll go regardless.

-Ivan
Old 04-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #158
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'd be more in favour of a single C5 fest, in a different region each year. South east for 2010, maybe out west next year, north east after that, then south west, and so on. Or keep going to the same place each and every year. Make it our home.

While it would be cool for it to be hosted at Milford or something, I doubt GM would go that far for us. I'm thinking it would cause more of a headache for them than they would gain in PR.
I am with you on that too. But they were already talking about next in Valdosta. There is just no way I could go that far in my Maro. Renting a Maro filled the gap, don't want to do that again. Want to be able to bring my own. It needs to be in a centeral location.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #159
Honey Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Hartland in Topeka can handle the crowd for sure. One thing that was a disappointment to me was the fact that the Saturday night track party didn't happen. I'm not sure what happened there but it was one of the main events where everyone would come together in one place and socialize. Let's make sure that our main socializing activity happens next year!
Agreed 100%. Now when will a date be set? I'm trying to plan an April 2011 wedding and can't do it until I know when C5F 2 is, lol.

Order Placed 2/24/09
3300 Order scheduled for production - 6/16/09
3400 Order broadcast - 6/25/09 - TPW 6/29
3800 Order produced 7/14ish 2G1FC1EV0A9125270
4200 Shipped 7/17
5000 Delivered to the dealer 7/28
6000 Delivered to the customer 7/28

"The waiting is the hardest part" - Tom Petty
Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #160
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I say have it wherever is easiest for the organizers. They are the ones putting in all the hard work. The rest of us just have to get there. I know some of the mods had a hard time getting there but they did whatever it took to make the event happen without knowing if they would even be able to attend.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #161
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Bee View Post
Agreed 100%. Now when will a date be set? I'm trying to plan an April 2011 wedding and can't do it until I know when C5F 2 is, lol.
There was plenty going on at the host hotel and plenty of people that didn't need to be driving from the track back to a hotel
Old 04-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #162
Whisper Jet
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
How about doing 2 Fest each year. Keep the Valdosta site for April and somewhere in the Midwest for October. That way you don't have to wait an whole year to get back to the C5F. Just something to think about for the Mods. And it needs to be 2 days at the track, 1 day was not enough.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #163
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Keep the discussion going!

We are really still reeling from the success of the first event...

I am talking to our C5F Sponsors, staff, SGMP, GM and our members on what the best way forward is....

Just some thoughts so you guys know where our heads are at.

Of course SGMP will remain the top contender for anything we do on the east coast.

Second. If you look at our membership, CA, AZ and NV have enough members alone to have a bigger showing than what we did this year. Just food for thought.

However, West coast events are usually much more expensive.

I do think we should at least have a west one year and East another year. We have been asked to consider two events a year but I have concerns that we may get sponsor limited and that it will be difficult to have GM attend both events. Obviously getting GM at any events is never a guarantee but two a year will make that more challenging.

So at this point I can only reasonably predict two things.

In the next year or so we will have an event that our west coast members can more easily attend.

I fully expect to be back at Valdosta Ga for future C5F's

It's way to early to say this is concrete but that is where our heads are at now. FWIW

Well said...

Running two events near the same time would be interesting, and allow regionally based sponsors to get more involved.... but two major events still equals two major events. What is GM willing to support.

The support at Valdosta was top flight..plain and simple. showing appreciation by returning will double or triple that enthusiasm.

Alternating years (keep it to 2 venues) is a great alternative; this also could allow a 'mini' fest at the 'off' venue for regional clubs to keep that town/raceway interested.

I know next year seems a long way off, but as some have said here, and Scott reinforced last weekend, getting the decision out much earlier is critical for event planning, sponsor support and attendee preps.

If nothing changed....at least 750 attendees would show next year just because of this year's success, not to mention another years worth of new owners.

A one-size-fits-all location in Central US won't likely be the best solution.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #164
Whisper Jet
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Bee View Post

Have the wedding at the C5F with over 1,000 guest in attendance.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #165
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
The only feedback I would have for SGMP for future events is to 'staff up' at the opening gate for the first hour...other than that...that facility had their 'stuff' together!
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #166
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Has anyone mentioned the Nashville area? Tennessee would be a good location. Just a thought.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #167
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Cayuga Ontario

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayuga,_Ontario
Old 04-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #168
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Great conversation guys. All reasonable requests.

Keep the recomendations coming

I promise we are listening.

Closed Thread