Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-29-2018, 04:41 AM   #29
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
When I put on solid Pfadt bushings on mine over 3 years ago I reused the bolts. Still no issues. Just make sure you get them torqued back down. I replaced mine using jack stands and a floor jack. Super easy after you get the old rubber ones out. I ended up cutting mine out.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:19 PM   #30
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I didn't unbolt LCAs or sway bars. It might help, we had to pry a little to get our spacers to press with into the back bushings. The exhaust I had out of the way already as I also bolted in my LPW diff cover at the same time - it may or may not clear.

Let me know how you like them!
Hey there Mr acammer, here ya go, first off thanks for ALL the great info in the install, was a breeze for my mechanic, he's good anyway. But the entire install only took 1 hr and 45 minutes, that was including installing my new ignition coils I forgot I had in the trunk, so he asked if I wanted them installed, I said sure, he didn't even charge me !! We didn't even have to remove my 3 inch catback either, was plenty of room. When he brought out the car and took it for a test drive and came back, he said man these are very quiet, no road noise! He was impressed. When I got in the car to leave, first thing I noticed was when I put it in gear, even with the stall the car moved, it never did that with the stockers, would just kinda go eeehhh.. lol. Then when I left and turned onto the highway the car actually pushed with both rear wheels, usually the right wants to just lean and wash out, I romped on it and maaann it took off like a rocket, and went straight whereas it used to sashay a bit, not no more, it was planted! The other thing I noticed is that the bumps are a bit more solid, no give on bumpy roads, but that is ok, I like the tightness.
Going around corners the rear just feels secure and not wishy washy like it was. From a stop when you tough the gas, it moves instantly and going up thru the gears the shifts are firmer and acceleration is more intense. So for now all I can say is I am very please with these Pegasus Billet cradle bushings, they really tighten things up, oh and no wheel hope, just smoke and rubber and gone!!! Thanks again acammer !!
Old 08-29-2018, 01:05 PM   #31
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Hey there Mr acammer, here ya go, first off thanks for ALL the great info in the install, was a breeze for my mechanic, he's good anyway. But the entire install only took 1 hr and 45 minutes, that was including installing my new ignition coils I forgot I had in the trunk, so he asked if I wanted them installed, I said sure, he didn't even charge me !! We didn't even have to remove my 3 inch catback either, was plenty of room. When he brought out the car and took it for a test drive and came back, he said man these are very quiet, no road noise! He was impressed. When I got in the car to leave, first thing I noticed was when I put it in gear, even with the stall the car moved, it never did that with the stockers, would just kinda go eeehhh.. lol. Then when I left and turned onto the highway the car actually pushed with both rear wheels, usually the right wants to just lean and wash out, I romped on it and maaann it took off like a rocket, and went straight whereas it used to sashay a bit, not no more, it was planted! The other thing I noticed is that the bumps are a bit more solid, no give on bumpy roads, but that is ok, I like the tightness.
Going around corners the rear just feels secure and not wishy washy like it was. From a stop when you tough the gas, it moves instantly and going up thru the gears the shifts are firmer and acceleration is more intense. So for now all I can say is I am very please with these Pegasus Billet cradle bushings, they really tighten things up, oh and no wheel hope, just smoke and rubber and gone!!! Thanks again acammer !!
Glad you're enjoying them - it's the way the car should have come from the factory if you ask me! Glad to hear you have no rear end noise. Mine is atrocious - it's gonna come out and be reshimmed.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #32
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Glad you're enjoying them - it's the way the car should have come from the factory if you ask me! Glad to hear you have no rear end noise. Mine is atrocious - it's gonna come out and be reshimmed.
Yea thanks, I agree, these Camaros should have come this way, but they didn't,that's why we mod them to make them right! lol. Yea I remember you saying your rear gears were whining something fierce, that would drive me crazy listening to that. But I hope you get it all fixed up so you can have peace and quiet. Yea it's really nice driving around now with her tight ass under me, it just feels good to have everything in check and not moving around all the time, no more wasted energy. Thanks again sir and good luck with those gears.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #33
WarDaddy376

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Does anyone have any feedback on this Pegasus Part:

http://pegasus.corecommerce.com/5th-...ter-mount.html
WarDaddy376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #34
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDaddy376 View Post
Does anyone have any feedback on this Pegasus Part:

http://pegasus.corecommerce.com/5th-...ter-mount.html
It's weird, I can't access that link, or find anything about a polyurethane shift mount on their website. Do you have an alternate link - sounds interesting.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #35
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have the poly mount and I can say it works as advertised, it takes slop out of the shifter.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #36
WarDaddy376

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I have the poly mount and I can say it works as advertised, it takes slop out of the shifter.
I ordered the last one in stock seems like a nice low cost ($65.00) upgrade to the factory Hurst shifter. I also ordered the solid rear sub-frame bushings and rear-differential offset bushing set (delrin) that works in conjunction with the sub frame bushings to take out the IRS slop.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:20 PM   #37
WarDaddy376

Quote:
It's weird, I can't access that link, or find anything about a polyurethane shift mount on their website. Do you have an alternate link - sounds interesting.
They took it down because I ordered the last one in stock. I would call them and see if they are going to build more of them. The price was $65.00