Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #99
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Could someone tell me where to locate the PCV line? Is it the somewhat 90 degree angled hose that is directly above the red Seafoam straw in the OPs last pic in his first post?
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #100
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
The PCV line would normally be attached to the nipple that the red straw is inserted to in that picture. Push the tab down on the connector an pull off the plastic line. Then insert the straw.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #101
midwestwinter

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Vert
Is this process the same for the V6? Thx
midwestwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #102
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
This IS a V6.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #103
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
So I think the seafoam is the cause of my bad mpg (14mpg)

So I did the seafoam back last year and noticed a decrease in fuel economy. So I decided to take apart my intake today and try to diagnose the bad fuel economy and had a feeling it would be my maf sensor.
Took it apart to find thick grime all over the bottom of the intake ans sensor.

Now this is a combo of the seafoam and dirt going through filter.
So now I'm going to clean my intake and sensor with maf cleaner

But now wondering how dirty my IM might be since it would have been under the same circumstances
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #104
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post

So I did the seafoam back last year and noticed a decrease in fuel economy. So I decided to take apart my intake today and try to diagnose the bad fuel economy and had a feeling it would be my maf sensor.

But now wondering how dirty my IM might be since it would have been under the same circumstances
Shouldn't be any Seafoam outside the TB when cleaning. Don't think what your seeing has anything to do with the Seafoam.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Old 03-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #105
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:

If you're running an aftermarket intake, did you over-oil your air filter?
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #106
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Sounds like either a motor in need of a catchcan or a serious issue. Seafoam, if done through the brake booster or throttle body should be no where near the MAF. If MAF is getting oil then either the clean side hose (passenger side) from valve cover is leaking oil back into the intake. Or if the air filter is an aftermarket oiled filter it was oiled a little too much.
Seen quite a few V6s with oil in the intake manifold due to no catch can. If not addressed sea foaming won't clean this up. Taking the cover off the intake manifold needs to be done.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #107
neptunetrucking

Drives: new ss
I tried seafoam on two of my cars. I didn't notice any change or difference
neptunetrucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #108
TJ91

Sorry guys don't mean to highjack the thread

But it's definitly the seafoam and this is where you will all Facepalm..
I did the method where you use the hook from the spray and you mount it in front of the tb. To do this you loosen up your intake, place the spray straw(?) Then put your intake back on and spray while car is running
Now the VR slants low so excess seafoam pooled on the bottom. When I pulled the intake out to remove the straw for the seafoam. A whole bunch poored out. So I drained it and the remounted and went through with the normal process assuming the seafoam would dry itself out with all the airflow

I've cleaned the intake numerous times before and never had that. Only the one time after I had seafoamed and realized the excess fluid had pooled in the intake.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help

Last edited by TJ91; 03-25-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: sorry using my phone. what a pain
Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #109
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:

I did the method where you use the hook from the spray and you mount it in front of the tb. To do this you loosen up your intake, place the spray straw(?) Then put your intake back on and spray while car is running
Now the VR slants low so excess seafoam pooled on the bottom. When I pulled the intake out to remove the straw for the seafoam. A whole bunch poored out. So I drained it and the remounted and went through with the normal process assuming the seafoam would dry itself out with all the airflow

I've cleaned the intake numerous times before and never had that. Only the one time after I had seafoamed and realized the excess fluid had pooled in the intake.
Yeah that explains it! Hope you get it back in order.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #110
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:

Oh ok yeah that explains it lol. Yeah I remember having the VR and that down slop. Next time just spray in the nozzle on the side of the TB. And if possible have someone hold the Rpm's at about 2k.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #111
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Oh ok yeah that explains it lol. Yeah I remember having the VR and that down slop. Next time just spray in the nozzle on the side of the TB. And if possible have someone hold the Rpm's at about 2k.

Yeah lol my screw up. Now that I know about the side of the TB, will make my life easier.

Funny, I have no catch can but when I did the Black Ice Mod, my IM was clean and my TB was clean like new. Now my TB looks like crap and im sure my IM looks the same

Hoping another round of Seafoam will help clean all the gunk out
Old 04-11-2014, 06:08 AM   #112
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
Hi i want to try this today on mine as i am getting an catch can on Monday. my car has 61k miles on it and i plan on doing an oil change saturday(tommrow after about 75 miles after this treatment)

So first question is for 2. Cleaning your Crankshaft. It says to pour half the can of seafoam in here. Just to confirm this is the same place where you would normally pour oil correct?

Secondly i plan on doing Optional 2 3. Top End / IM Cleaning pt. 2 instead of removing my intake. In this step it is a little confusing /contradicting because it says to do this step while the engine is idling after the booster hose potion. But towards the end it says to do step 4 which is to start the engine up. So my question is,

- Is this step done directly after booster hose while engine is off or
- Is this step done directly after booster hose while engine is idling
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote