Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #113
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
A few of the other kit guys turbos hang so low, plus they mount their filter down there as well. In an effort to show people how our kit does not drag the turbo we put a plate across the bottom and people just started expecting it - so in short yes it is cover that we include with the kit - however - you do not need it as our turbos sit about 1.75" above the frame rail plus our filtering system draw cool filtered air from both sides of the nose - not under the car

Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #114
LightsoutSS

Drives: 2011 black on black 2ss
Granatelli vs. Hellion?
LightsoutSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:44 AM   #115
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
The skid plate is a great idea with or without turbos. I'm always bumping the flang's connected to my LT headers attached at the bottom of my vehicle, on shitty roads or messed up speed bumps.
Does it require drilling to attach?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #116
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I haven't seen anybody with the Edelbrock E-Force S/C post any results on here. Before installing the E-Force S/C I had Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers, Ported intake, LMR CAI and dyno tune. It put down 414/rwhp and 406/rwtq. After installing the E-Force S/C( minus the ported intake) adding a Roto-Fab CAI and getting a dyno tune by Jeremy Formato it put down 546/rwhp and 522/rwtq with 6# of boost.
Congrats on the numbers! It sounds like you ended up with a fun ride. We appreciate you using our intake as part of the build too.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #117
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
I saw someone wanted an Edelbrock E Force write up so here mine is.
Edelbrock E Force,
forged bottom end
Cam
Stroked
Well you get the point and can see detail in my signature.
I love the smooth power and torque provided by the E Force. Limit is reached fairly quickly with a 2.75 pulley and that is as small as you can go. No belt slip if you use the Gatorback belt that is recommended by Edelbrock. And it is only a 6 rib belt. Nice look and good low IAT numbers. 115 yesterday under load and fairly hard driving with a lot of boost. Of course I am on E85 so numbers might be higher on pump fuel. Injectors supplied are undersized if you are going for bigger numbers but whose are not...
Attached Images

418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #118
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Edelbrock E Force,
forged bottom end
Cam
Stroked
I love the smooth power and torque provided by the E Force. Limit is reached fairly quickly with a 2.75 pulley and that is as small as you can go. No belt slip if you use the Gatorback belt that is recommended by Edelbrock. And it is only a 6 rib belt. Nice look and good low IAT numbers. 115 yesterday under load and fairly hard driving with a lot of boost. Of course I am on E85 so numbers might be higher on pump fuel. Injectors supplied are undersized if you are going for bigger numbers but whose are not...
Damn boy, how can you get any traction with so much TQ right off the bat?
I love TQ, but so early can hold you down by spinning your wheels off.

But awesome results if you control your right foot.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #119
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Edelbrock E Force,
forged bottom end
Cam
Stroked
Those are really high numbers. I think most folks are getting about 670rwhp. with a Maggie perhaps some meth will get higher #'s, with about 9psi.
How, much boost are you using surely above 9psi. and how much hp's do you think are attributed to stroking the engine, and do you also have ported heads?
Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #120
cammedcamaro

Drives: Red Jewel SS RS 625 RWHP
Quote:
Edelbrock E Force,
forged bottom end
Cam
Stroked

Very Nice! And I thought I had a lot of HP. Congrats!
cammedcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #121
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Awwwhhhh..... I just realized your engine is 418ci. stroked. That' explains it. I expect close to 600rwhp., even with a blower CAM, no way in hell gonna' acheive 700+rwhp. with safe boost levels on a stock case.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #122
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Damn boy, how can you get any traction with so much TQ right off the bat?
I love TQ, but so early can hold you down by spinning your wheels off.

But awesome results if you control your right foot.
Yeah, it is kind of tricky but a blast to drive. Right now I am on stock PZero tires on the streets and temps are dropping pretty low. Tonight it was 23 degrees out so I have to be pretty careful. I have not really hit it at the track yet. However, I am pretty sure my Drag radials will hook up as I ran all last season at 578 rwhp and 581 lbs of torque. I probably will move up to 315 Drag radials next season but will still run existing ones at C5Fest in AZ. The change to the Spec Super Twin will be very helpful as well as I now have a real feel to the clutch and can slip it one heck of a lot better than the stock one. But on a positive note. I can pretty much punch it while rolling and light em up with the stocks in 5 of the 6 gears...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Those are really high numbers. I think most folks are getting about 670rwhp. with a Maggie perhaps some meth will get higher #'s, with about 9psi.
How, much boost are you using surely above 9psi. and how much hp's do you think are attributed to stroking the engine, and do you also have ported heads?
No I am at 9lbs but am maxed out with the edelbrock with the smallest pulley available 2.75. Not as much boost as I would have got without stroked to a 6.9liter and the cam causes less boost. I am converted to E85 instead of meth as it is readily available out here in Colorado. Pretty much an identical build as mine on pump fuel dyno'd at 689rwhp and 705 torque so the E85 is def adding to the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammedcamaro View Post
Very Nice! And I thought I had a lot of HP. Congrats!
Thanks so much...I am pretty pleased as well.

Quote:
Awwwhhhh..... I just realized your engine is 418ci. stroked. That' explains it. I expect close to 600rwhp., even with a blower CAM, no way in hell gonna' acheive 700+rwhp. with safe boost levels on a stock case.
The stoker added a good amount low rpm torque. But overall not huge amounts of hp and torque top end numbers. I did keep my compression around 10.07 to 1 but still lowered the compression from stock.....just not as low as some of the old school builds would be. This was based primarily on discussions with several ls3 builders and race teams. In fact, our original plan was to have our compression around 10.3 to 1 but I was not able to use thinner head gaskets as the heads are zero clearance heads and I already had my push rods purchased. So we used ZR1 head gaskets and ended up with less compression.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 11-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #123
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Have you done anything to the stock suspension, bushings, springs, braces (chassis / struts)? I have all Hotchkis systems in place now, but haven't done any bushings yet, thinking Phadt to control wheel hop and traction.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #124
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Have you done anything to the stock suspension, bushings, springs, braces (chassis / struts)? I have all Hotchkis systems in place now, but haven't done any bushings yet, thinking Phadt to control wheel hop and traction.
Nope but that is this winters project. Probably end up going pfadt mainly cause they are in Utah and I might go there and have them install and train me how to adjust for max benefit. Like the hotchkis stuff though a lot.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #125
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Yeah. I really like Hotchkis, it would have been nice if they had bushing kits too. However, sometimes good to mix / match so your not stuck with one vendor. So, I have Hotchkis springs, sway bars, chassis / strut braces, and end-links, will go with Phadt for all their bushings. Like Pedders too but their way too complicated with all the varying versions of their products.
Problem for me is if I were close to these vendors I could just go by and say hello as in your case, for me they're not located anywhere in Canada, so have to do research, discuss with installer and take a chance.
I will tell you though, the Hotchkis kit made a huge difference until I got the new CAM and got an additional 50-60rwhps., and then wheels spinning, hops are occassiion but want to reduce any chances of hopping considering I know this creates potential to break things.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #126
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Yeah. I really like Hotchkis, it would have been nice if they had bushing kits too. However, sometimes good to mix / match so your not stuck with one vendor. So, I have Hotchkis springs, sway bars, chassis / strut braces, and end-links, will go with Phadt for all their bushings. Like Pedders too but their way too complicated with all the varying versions of their products.
Problem for me is if I were close to these vendors I could just go by and say hello as in your case, for me they're not located anywhere in Canada, so have to do research, discuss with installer and take a chance.
I will tell you though, the Hotchkis kit made a huge difference until I got the new CAM and got an additional 50-60rwhps., and then wheels spinning, hops are occassiion but want to reduce any chances of hopping considering I know this creates potential to break things.
I pretty much ran Nitto 555R drag radials all summer..street and track. Love them and they really eliminated wheel hop entirely. I still have stock suspension and stock half shafts....And ran all summer with 580RWHP and 580 Torque. Maybe 150 passes at the 1/4 mile track and 200 road course miles. But want the suspension upgrades to get me better 60 ft times now.