Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
texfre

Drives: 2011 Conv 2SS RS 6 Hurst SRX-4
Hi..GM Canada Chairmans Committe member has told me that they are aware of vert problems but it has nothing to do with GM Canada. They won't do a thing about the rub marks, local dealer says its like a pair of jeans and they won't touch it and the dealer I bought it from said it is GM's problem. Great company
texfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #44
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by texfre View Post
Hi..GM Canada Chairmans Committe member has told me that they are aware of vert problems but it has nothing to do with GM Canada. They won't do a thing about the rub marks, local dealer says its like a pair of jeans and they won't touch it and the dealer I bought it from said it is GM's problem. Great company
Tex,
I called GM Canada customer service before I picked up my car.I asked who I could speak to for an extended warranty on the roof...no dice...can't even buy one.

I will be writing a letter to the president of GM Canada.some minor rub marks I can live with...but holes,broken bows,fishtank for a backseat,I can NOT live with and is totally unacceptable.

Oh and the funniest thing when I called GM Canada customer service...they started with one of their canned responses "I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties" and "no we have not heard of any top problems on the convertibles".That was today...just disgusting!!!!
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #45
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

[QUOTE=Michael Rophone;5152302]I love this car
but if the lid of this Pandora's Convertible Box opens up
and even half of the problems I've read about here fly out,
I'm buying a new top on another brand... Vette, Mustang, whatever.

Agreed...If mine gives me more major problems ,I am done and going arbitration route....Then another brand...probably mustang
Old 06-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #46
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
I love this car
but if the lid of this Pandora's Convertible Box opens up
and even half of the problems I've read about here fly out,
I'm buying a new top on another brand... Vette, Mustang, whatever.

By the way, forget towels... use a Wet/Dry vac to get the water out of the floor of the backseat. Then, let it air-dry and be alert for carpet shrinkage.

Mine feels like a trampoline when you step into the back seat.

I use a Noah car cover, in place of a garage, and only drive in sunny weather. No more leaks. Sad situation.
If you are willing to take a drive to Bristol I may be able to fix your leak.
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #47
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
For real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
If you are willing to take a drive to Bristol I may be able to fix your leak.
You mean, you've got a Vette or a Mustang for sale?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I'm nearby. PM me.

Last edited by Michael Rophone; 06-19-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added comment
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #48
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

just did a water test...back seat is dry!!!!no more fishtank!!!!looks like the dealer revoked my fishing license!!!LOL
YiPPEE!!!!

could it be?could it be true?roof repaired???
time will tell...
keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #49
78RS_to_112SS
Finally back in a Camaro

Drives: was 1978 RS, NOW 2011 Camaro 2SS
Mine is in for fifth bow disease now and wind noise. No water problems YET... Let's see how it all goes... It is nice to know what to watch for thanks to this site...
Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #50
texfre

Drives: 2011 Conv 2SS RS 6 Hurst SRX-4
You might try to phone Janice Calrk on the Chairman Committee 905 440 2682 (she's away this week). That is where I got when I kept trying to phone Kevin William05 644 0606. I have faxed, e-mailed copies of the extended warranties given out in the US but they keep saying not the same company. Good luck
texfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #51
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78RS_to_112SS View Post
Mine is in for fifth bow disease now and wind noise. No water problems YET... Let's see how it all goes... It is nice to know what to watch for thanks to this site...

Denis,
Any update on your vert?
Was you dealer able to repair the 5th bow?

Mike
Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #52
78RS_to_112SS
Finally back in a Camaro

Drives: was 1978 RS, NOW 2011 Camaro 2SS
Mike,
I had brought my vert in for service and noted that I wanted thm to document any problems as I knew the top section would be done at their body shop but did not have an appointment there but they decided to send it there and get it done... I called body shop to advise them that no matter what, I need it for the weekend. turns out Thursday afternoon they had not started yet so I picked it up and have an actuall appointment now for Tuesday July 3rd (Monday is Canada Day and closed)

Next week is the week... My thoughts are they are doing the update and fifth bow but I know the holes are alsomst through the material now and a new top will be next. I WANT a complete if at all possible at that time...
Old 06-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #53
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78RS_to_112SS View Post
Mike,
I had brought my vert in for service and noted that I wanted thm to document any problems as I knew the top section would be done at their body shop but did not have an appointment there but they decided to send it there and get it done... I called body shop to advise them that no matter what, I need it for the weekend. turns out Thursday afternoon they had not started yet so I picked it up and have an actuall appointment now for Tuesday July 3rd (Monday is Canada Day and closed)

Next week is the week... My thoughts are they are doing the update and fifth bow but I know the holes are alsomst through the material now and a new top will be next. I WANT a complete if at all possible at that time...
Good luck with the repairs!!!!

Yes , if you have holes...get it all done at once.
Talk to your dealer before they start.I have read that the new top material is thicker than the original and with the new material being thicker there is problems/concerns that the original tracks that the material slides in is not wide enough and has been causing tears in the new tops.
you may require a complete top assembly, but I doubt GM Canada will approve this right off the bat.

Good Luck once again and enjoy the long weekend!!!