Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #603
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITZ2BIG View Post
Thanks for the reply...
It appears that the site does not include Chevrolet....only Audi, Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Ford, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jeep, Lexus, Nissan, Porsche, Toyota, or Volkswagen.

I never downloaded....but it looks like a advertising spam type site?
Have you tried this site with success?
Let me know
No I didn't I was just trying to help you get the info you needed and it looked good when I went there.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #604
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Quote:
Thanks for the reply...
It appears that the site does not include Chevrolet....only Audi, Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Ford, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jeep, Lexus, Nissan, Porsche, Toyota, or Volkswagen.

I never downloaded....but it looks like a advertising spam type site?
Have you tried this site with success?
Let me know
Also I looked up a GMVIS service that only the dealer can get into. GMVIS stands for General Motors Vehicle Inquiry Service. You might want to go to your dealer and ask them. Good Luck.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:53 PM   #605
ITZ2BIG

Drives: 2015 Green Flash Convertible Camaro
Perfect I'll try
Thanks again!
ITZ2BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #606
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Quote:
Perfect I'll try
Thanks again!
If you go to your dealer ask for build sheet. Should give all the information on your car.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:22 AM   #607
ITZ2BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud 1LE 2SS RS View Post
If you go to your dealer ask for build sheet. Should give all the information on your car.
I have all the info... the vehicle build, delivery information,& transaction history sheets from the dealer...the only thing I didn't get was the window sticker that shows the original MSRP and price breakdown.
It's like not having a birth certificate??? You know what I mean.
I've been back and forth on the phone between GM customer service and the dealership for two years trying to get someone to just send me a file and I'll take it to a print shop and print it myself.
It doesn't seem complete till I can get all of the info. I don't understand why GM's customer service wouldn't do a little extra and provide this info to a customer who is promoting their product at car shows etc....it's free advertising!
Someone at the top isn't very bright! It's not like everyone wants this info for their everyday driver for work. It's a limited edition 1 of 82 convertibles built.
The run around I've received from GM's customer service and local dealership has really left me disgusted.
At one point the dealership had me write a letter of explanation why I wanted the window sticker, what I would use it for etc..
and still they wouldn't provide it!

Last edited by ITZ2BIG; 04-06-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #608
ITZ2BIG

Someone at work told me today, the best way to get a reply or results from any large company like GM is to go to social media (Facebook, Twitter)...Companies don't want bad press on social media?

I'm sure other disappointed people will vent in the public forum as well to GM's lack of customer service!

To spend $50,000 on their product...being happy with it, wanting to promote it at car shows...etc... you would think they would at least print me a new window sticker???

It's just a piece of paper that means nothing to anyone else but me! Two years now tring to find someone at the dealership or company to talk to the right people who have access to the information to print or send to me????
Old 04-07-2018, 12:36 AM   #609
Lancer28
NRA Life Member

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS Green Flash Convt.
Quote:

It's just a piece of paper that means nothing to anyone else but me! Two years now tring to find someone at the dealership or company to talk to the right people who have access to the information to print or send to me????

I get that you don't understand why they just don't provide you with what you want but it really is quite obvious why they don't. The seemingly simple window sticker just isn't easily and readily available to give to you. To you... "It's just a piece of paper that means nothing to anyone else but me!" ...to them it's a something that takes perhaps more time & effort (read labor dollars) to provide than what they feel is owed to a pasted customer especially so since one was already provided to the original purchaser..
Lancer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #610
ITZ2BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer28 View Post
I get that you don't understand why they just don't provide you with what you want but it really is quite obvious why they don't. The seemingly simple window sticker just isn't easily and readily available to give to you. To you... "It's just a piece of paper that means nothing to anyone else but me!" ...to them it's a something that takes perhaps more time & effort (read labor dollars) to provide than what they feel is owed to a pasted customer especially so since one was already provided to the original purchaser..
Thanks for the feedback.....
I was the original purchaser.
According to the vehicle delivery information sheet I was given.... The car went to: Penske vehicle services-Oshawa, Ontario for a PDI Feb.6/15 then to
GM Canada-Fleet sales-Special Event-Oshawa, Ontario June 8/15 which I was told they used it as a promotional piece for local displays etc..then to an actual dealership Leggat Chevrolet Burlington, Ontario Dec.12/15.
I purchased Mar.8/16 which was the first time it was put up for sale publicly and I was the first person officially on the ownership. Only GM's name was on it prior to me. With that being said....somewhere in between it got lost or destroyed?
My build date was Jan.29/15 which I believe is one of the early ones....that's why they kept it and used it for displays/promotions.

I just think for customer service and a Camaro enthusiast who is out there promoting your product, the time/labour cost it takes to print out a window sticker is a write off?
At this point I'm starting to think...there never was one because of the original use the car had as "Special Event" ??????

Last edited by ITZ2BIG; 04-07-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:31 PM   #611
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.....
I was the original purchaser.
According to the vehicle delivery information sheet I was given.... The car went to: Penske vehicle services-Oshawa, Ontario for a PDI Feb.6/15 then to
GM Canada-Fleet sales-Special Event-Oshawa, Ontario June 8/15 which I was told they used it as a promotional piece for local displays etc..then to an actual dealership Leggat Chevrolet Burlington, Ontario Dec.12/15.
I purchased Mar.8/16 which was the first time it was put up for sale publicly and I was the first person officially on the ownership. Only GM's name was on it prior to me. With that being said....somewhere in between it got lost or destroyed?
My build date was Jan.29/15 which I believe is one of the early ones....that's why they kept it and used it for displays/promotions.

I just think for customer service and a Camaro enthusiast who is out there promoting your product, the time/labour cost it takes to print out a window sticker is a write off?
At this point I'm starting to think...there never was one because of the original use the car had as "Special Event" ??????
I'm working hard on this. Try this one, at least it has Chevy on it.https://monroneylabels.com/
Old 04-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #612
ITZ2BIG

Thanks for your efforts! Much appreciated
The MonroneyLabels.com is a reproduction of the data only of the original automobile window sticker not the sticker itself +
I don't believe they can print or access Canadian vin's

I was able to get a kind owner to provide me a copy of his window sticker and I went to a local dealership to take a picture of what our W.S. looks like which is different here and see if I can get a local print shop to photo-shop a copy for myself....problem is..... it's a lot of effort for a non original window sticker? The authentic one would be legitimate & mean something!

Last edited by ITZ2BIG; 04-07-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #613
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Quote:
Thanks for your efforts! Much appreciated
The MonroneyLabels.com is a reproduction of the data only of the original automobile window sticker not the sticker itself +
I don't believe they can print or access Canadian vin's

I was able to get a kind owner to provide me a copy of his window sticker and I went to a local dealership to take a picture of what our W.S. looks like which is different here and see if I can get a local print shop to photo-shop a copy for myself....problem is..... it's a lot of effort for a non original window sticker? The authentic one would be legitimate & mean something!
Ok I figured that it would be different for you guys up North. Hope you get what you're looking for.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #614
ITZ2BIG

Hi everyone....I know we have a official Green Flash thread but we don't have our own Group established so I set one up.
Please check it out and join. My goal is to get as many as possible of us owners to figure out where all of them went.
Help me out in the success of this group! Thanks

Here the direct link below:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=462

Green Flash editions (All 811 of us I hope!) Please register
I noticed there is no official Green Flash group dedicated to the 811 of us that were built. 729 coupes and 82 convertibles.
I would like to get as many registered as possible if you are interested...please post or private message me your details...User name, coupe/ convertible etc....
I'm sure we are all interested where they all ended up (location..USA..state...Canada...Province..Oversea s...?), options you have and customizations you have done if any + pictures of them of course.
I started a directory of all of us.
Let me know your thoughts!
Thanks for your participation!

Last edited by ITZ2BIG; 04-14-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #615
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Quote:
Hi everyone....I know we have a official Green Flash thread but we don't have our own Group established so I set one up.
Please check it out and join. My goal is to get as many as possible of us owners to figure out where all of them went.
Help me out in the success of this group! Thanks

Here the direct link below:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=462

Green Flash editions (All 811 of us I hope!) Please register
I noticed there is no official Green Flash group dedicated to the 811 of us that were built. 729 coupes and 82 convertibles.
I would like to get as many registered as possible if you are interested...please post or private message me your details...User name, coupe/ convertible etc....
I'm sure we are all interested where they all ended up (location..USA..state...Canada...Province..Oversea s...?), options you have and customizations you have done if any + pictures of them of course.
I started a directory of all of us.
Let me know your thoughts!
Thanks for your participation!
Bump
Old 05-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #616
tigerbeauty

Drives: 2015 GreenFlash 2SS/RS, 2010 ABM LS
Hi everybody, I’m here, my husband has a Green Flash, that we bought in May 2016. We’d love to be added to the group. We have a coupe and were able to get it signed by Scott Settlemire, the F-bodfather, @ an F-body gathering in Atlanta in May 2016. We asked him if he knew how we could get the build #’s for theses gorgeous cars. He said it was nearly impossible because they were built on the same line at the same time as the 2015 Cadillac CTS’s and a small Buick car. He said that the only reason anybody knows how many were even built, is because he painstakingly searched through all the data sheets himself, and just counted all the green cars made. He said that it took him Several weeks just to do that, because of the combination of thousands and thousands of those 2types of cars plus the 811 Green Flash’s made. He said that, because the green Camaros, the Cadillac CTS’s and the small Buick cars were being made in random order and at the same time, that the build #’s are all mixed up and that it would take him a year to sort out the build #’s.
tigerbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote