Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #43
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
The BA system is quite good IMO but I did decide to add to the system with some alpine and jl stuff I had.I will post some pics soon.
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #44
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Okay, now you've just completely confused me.

LOL meaning as not an upgraded system. I know it comes standard on the 2ss. Whatever. LOL.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #45
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
It is funny how as you get older (46) your priorities in life change. There was a time you could hear my car coming a mile away and it wasn't the engine or the exhaust. Rock concerts that made your ears buzz and ring for three days after, now my ears do that all the time. 25 years ago the words "can you turn that down a little" didn't even exist in my vocabulary.

For me the BA system sounds fine, but then again my days of trying to make ears bleed are long gone. Hinesight is always 20/20 but perhaps if I had said "can you turn that down a little" years ago, I wouldn't be saying "pardon", "can you repeat that" and "sorry I didn't hear you" as often as I do today.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #46
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I have mixed emotions about the BA system as well.

I've always used their aftermarket stuff and LOVE it so I was pretty stoked when they announced BA was an option... BUT it's not as good as I had hoped.. It is very good for a factory unit but just below what I would want from an aftermarket system...

So for now I will enjoy it. and eventually upgrade to better BA stuff.

But realistically for the money it's a really good factory system!

Agreed. Good for the money but not perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
While I think the statement that this sound system sucks is on the ridiculous side, I understand wanting to upgrade a stock system. That's what the aftermarket is for. Just ask your butler.
Again, agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Okay, now you've just completely confused me.
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #47
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
LOL meaning as not an upgraded system. I know it comes standard on the 2ss. Whatever. LOL.
What a drama queen.
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #48
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I guess all I can do is disagree...I loved the BA system.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #49
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
I like my SS, but the BA system has been a major let down for me personally. Yeah, when you really crank it up it is (barely) acceptable, but this system is probably one of the worst stock systems I have listened to. Hell, my sons stock Blaupunkt in his 05 Jetta GLI blows this one away.

Disappointing, but not the end of the world.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #50
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
BA system sucks. compare it to any other car.. the mustang.. the challenger.. The chevy tahoe, the ford edge sport... all in a similar price range and all sound wayyyyyy better than this BA system. just glad to have 1/3 of it changed out already without the GF noticing... cant wait to do the rest.. hopefully before friday.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #51
StrangeMan

Drives: 2SS SIM/Blk
Send a message via Yahoo to StrangeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
I like my SS, but the BA system has been a major let down for me personally. Yeah, when you really crank it up it is (barely) acceptable, but this system is probably one of the worst stock systems I have listened to. Hell, my sons stock Blaupunkt in his 05 Jetta GLI blows this one away.

Disappointing, but not the end of the world.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #52
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
unfortunately the Manufaturers have figured out that by putting a "NAME Brand" tot he system seemingly makes it better to consumers. yes it is bettert than teh GM factory system that comes in the 1S but the BA system you are purchasing for upwards of probably $2000.00 or more... is not that much better... it will definately not be that same caliber of system you would get by purchasing and aftermarket BA (or any other good name brand audio system). does it sound good... to 90% of the people buying the vehicle yes it will be fine. to about 7 or 8% it was good till they heard something aftermarket and realized it was not so great. to the other 2-3% it is a total let down and they feel like they got hosed on the whole thing.

Is it loud enough... for most Probably... but as mentioned earlier there is huge difference between sounds good and gets loud.

Had a guy in our shop yesterday getting a demo of a Stealth system we are finishing up in a 02 SS. It is not redicously loud would say in the 130 db range (which to most is more than enough.) does it sound good??? yes... it is leaps and bounds better than stock and a good majority of aftermarket systems... but the customer asked for and paid for an Extremely good sounding audio expirience in his car. the kicker is most people could tell there is anything done to the vehicle by appearance.

If you want to improve the sound of the audio system this is what we have found works best... first things first try adding a small sub-woofer... a single ten or even a good 8" will usually do the trick. (depending on yout style of listening and volume requirements.)
next swap all the speakers out... if this is not good enough then replace the amp, then if needed the headunit can be replaced. (due to the cost of the parts to do this we reccomend it be the last part as it will not give you the more noticable results that the other items will, also the foctory headunit(radio) is not junk it is actually a pretty reliable and clean unit. keeps you stock appearance and functionality. a decent line driver in place ofthe factory amp to the aftermarket amps will inprove the input signal and you are off and running. if anyone is interested in some help designing a new system I will be glad to help. may even be able to point you int he direction of a good shop in your area if you are not in mine.

Hope this helps.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #53
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS View Post
but the BA system you are purchasing for upwards of probably $2000.00 or more... is not that much better...
It's a 470 dollar option on the 1SS....or did I misread what you meant?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #54
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS View Post
unfortunately the Manufaturers have figured out that by putting a "NAME Brand" tot he system seemingly makes it better to consumers. yes it is bettert than teh GM factory system that comes in the 1S but the BA system you are purchasing for upwards of probably $2000.00 or more... is not that much better... it will definately not be that same caliber of system you would get by purchasing and aftermarket BA (or any other good name brand audio system). does it sound good... to 90% of the people buying the vehicle yes it will be fine. to about 7 or 8% it was good till they heard something aftermarket and realized it was not so great. to the other 2-3% it is a total let down and they feel like they got hosed on the whole thing.

Is it loud enough... for most Probably... but as mentioned earlier there is huge difference between sounds good and gets loud.

Had a guy in our shop yesterday getting a demo of a Stealth system we are finishing up in a 02 SS. It is not redicously loud would say in the 130 db range (which to most is more than enough.) does it sound good??? yes... it is leaps and bounds better than stock and a good majority of aftermarket systems... but the customer asked for and paid for an Extremely good sounding audio expirience in his car. the kicker is most people could tell there is anything done to the vehicle by appearance.

If you want to improve the sound of the audio system this is what we have found works best... first things first try adding a small sub-woofer... a single ten or even a good 8" will usually do the trick. (depending on yout style of listening and volume requirements.)
next swap all the speakers out... if this is not good enough then replace the amp, then if needed the headunit can be replaced. (due to the cost of the parts to do this we reccomend it be the last part as it will not give you the more noticable results that the other items will, also the foctory headunit(radio) is not junk it is actually a pretty reliable and clean unit. keeps you stock appearance and functionality. a decent line driver in place ofthe factory amp to the aftermarket amps will inprove the input signal and you are off and running. if anyone is interested in some help designing a new system I will be glad to help. may even be able to point you int he direction of a good shop in your area if you are not in mine.

Hope this helps.
Good post with solid advice.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #55
joeaux
Kicker!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2LT/RS
Audio installers and "golden ears" have convinced people that cars audio systems can sound "good". They can't. Come on it's not like we're talking the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall here. Jesus. A car stereo just can't sound good. Not possible. If you think so,well it's an opinion just like mine. But if you think your car audio sounds good, go to a real, acoustically designed space and listen to your tunes. Then you'll realize you car sounds, well, like a car stereo. No matter how much you paid for it. Nuff said.
-joe-
Old 04-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #56
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Joe, I disagree.. for those of us that like our cd/dvd quality audio to sound great there is just as much technology out for the audio world.. might cost you but its there...who the heck says they want to drive around in a mobile listening room anyway? we just want great sound.

And to the comment of R&D spent on performance.... it runs okay stock... its no some power monster with rail cornering performance... we all know that's lacking too.. reason why many off us have $$$$ invested to make it even better... and it wouldn't have cost gm squat to do from the beginning.