Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
Dwreck91

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Just bought a 2018 camaro SS and I am disappointed.

Yes that was click bait, I purchased my brand new 2018 red hot camaro 1SS with a 6 speed manual on 2-2-18 and I couldn't be happier.

Since I was 16 years old I drooled and daydreamed about owning a sports car someday, specifically a Nissan 350Z at that time, although I have always been a Chevy fan my entire life.

Fast forward 11 years at the age of 27 and I can finally afford my first real sports car, after years and years of watching YouTube videos and imagining life with a sports car I can't believe I finally own one. Everytime I look at this beautiful machine or sit down and hit that start button and get to hear the cold start of that glorious LT1 engine I can't help but get a huge sense of pride.

These last 2 days of ownership have been surreal, as this is my first real sports car I feel as if I am in a race car, even though I have a 1ss with the the only options being a sun roof I can't believe it. The handling, acceleration, performance, and exhaust note is incredible, and I don't even have NPP exhaust. This is truly a special car, 3rd gear passing pulls on a 2 lane highway headed to the California central coast is amazing, intoxicating, and definitely going to require me to get a radar detector. It is truly impossible not to speed in this glorious machine that is the gen 6 camaro SS.

My only complaint that I am disappointed in? I'm not going to mention the limited visibity because I knew that was a problem going in and it really doesn't bother me. My biggest complaint is the completely useless cup holders if you have a manual transmission, you cannot comfortably shift with a drink in the cup holder period. Other than that this car is truly amazing and special. I walk out to look at it just to make sure this isn't another dream about a sports car that I have been having for years, this is reality and I couldn't be happier.
Dwreck91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
DBelcher

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 G7Q
Congrats on your new purchase��
DBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:34 AM   #3
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
get a bottled drink and throw it on the seat

enjoy that sweet new engine smell

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #4
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Boom. Congrats!
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:36 AM   #5
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I always drive with my phone in the front cupholder and a water bottle in the rear cupholder. Works for me.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:00 AM   #6
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Congratulations now post some pictures of you new ride
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:17 AM   #7
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:50 AM   #8
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Adjust the mirror's and you'll see fine, keep the phone turned off, you now own a sportscar and must pay attention to what it does upon throttle input. Learn the car, study and do your R&D. Feel the machine as it rolls. Congrats and welcome to the "Fast Lane" bud.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:57 AM   #9
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Awesome enjoy and congratulations
Old 02-05-2018, 07:09 AM   #10
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
AWESOME and CONGRATS!!!!!! Post up some pics of that beauty!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:11 AM   #11
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Congrats on the new car, they are amazing. Since it's a rather base 1SS, you won'the miss anything when molding now

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #12
Six.Two SC

Drives: 2018 Summit White Camaro 1SS
Not sure why people say limited visibility? Adjust your side view mirrors correctly, lean a bit forward when changing lanes and you'll see everything.

Added: Diode Dynamics Black LED Sidemarkers, GM Dark Finish Tailights, GM ZL1 Black 3rd Brake Light, Black Plastidipped Bowties(front/rear), AFE Dry Drop In Filter, 12mm Spacers(front/rear)
Six.Two SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #13
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Congratulations, you nasty clickbaiter Enjoy your new ride to its fullest, and do post some pics
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:24 AM   #14
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six.Two SC View Post
Not sure why people say limited visibility? Adjust your side view mirrors correctly, lean a bit forward when changing lanes and you'll see everything.
Hmm you can't see anything 15 feet in front of the car or less because the hood is so tall, If you are more than 5'10" you can't see the signal lights without ducking because the way the roof slopes to the small windscreen, if side traffic is approaching in the "mirror zone" you can't see it because the mirror is almost as thick as the front side glass...God forbid your mirror gets frost or road salt on it and you actually need look over your shoulder to see if something is coming.... the car has limited visibility.

But OP, congrats, I must admit I still stop and stare at my Camaros from time to time and think how lucky I as to own them.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote