Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-05-2018, 08:05 AM   #1
kaba

Drives: 2013 SS LS3, NPP, Blk
Window Tinting

Has anyone had any good windowing tinting experiences that have stood the test of time?

I'm in gta west (Burlington) and finally looking to get the tint done.

Any recommendations on a shop would be great!

2013 Black LS3

Last edited by kaba; 03-05-2018 at 08:32 AM.
kaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
Have had my tint on since 2010 and all is good, no bubbles, no peeling. It is only a summer car and never sits out in the sun except when being driven so that may have helped, but I am still pleased that it still looks new.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
kaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercar View Post
Have had my tint on since 2010 and all is good, no bubbles, no peeling. It is only a summer car and never sits out in the sun except when being driven so that may have helped, but I am still pleased that it still looks new.
Awesome, where did you have it done? I guess I should have mentioned I was also looking for recommendations on a shop to do it.

Is your tint the 3M?

2013 Black LS3
Old 03-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
go to a shop that does formula one and get ceramic their pinnacle line formula one is owned by lumar and is there high end line i have the pinnacle 15% and the lumar air blue 80 on the windshield.
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaba View Post
Awesome, where did you have it done? I guess I should have mentioned I was also looking for recommendations on a shop to do it.

Is your tint the 3M?

2013 Black LS3

I did use 3M. The place I had it done was here in Oshawa, Monroe Auto Glass and Custom Tint. There are a lot of types of film out there now, good luck with your research.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
BPPM
BPPM

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible NPP CAI
Don’t go to Tint Shield at Acura on Brant. Had nothing but problems. Used two different shades of tint, scratched my car, bubbles and scratches on the tint job,nightmare. Went to a shop in Hamilton, Protint at 109 Ashley St. Did a great job correcting the screw ups. Was very happy with quality and service
BPPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #7
kaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPPM View Post
Don’t go to Tint Shield at Acura on Brant. Had nothing but problems. Used two different shades of tint, scratched my car, bubbles and scratches on the tint job,nightmare. Went to a shop in Hamilton, Protint at 109 Ashley St. Did a great job correcting the screw ups. Was very happy with quality and service
Thanks so much for the suggestion!

I saw the previous post about tint shield I'm glad you managed to get past all that!

Just out of curiosity what did you go with in terms of %?

2013 Black LS3
Old 03-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #8
BPPM
BPPM

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible NPP CAI
I went with a 30% tint, didn’t want it too dark but harder too see in. I’m very happy with it.
BPPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #9
sstrixx

Drives: '14 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nice to see another camaro owner from Burlington on here! I had mine done in Toronto at Tint King on Steeles and Dufferin. Life time warranty as long as you own the vehicle. I've had it now for over 3 years and it's great!
sstrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #10
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
I've used FX in Markham for several cars and never ever had an issue. Quality product and work
fxauto.com
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #11
Mike14bumblebee

Drives: 2014 yellow 2SS/RS
Call Burloak auto glass. Hes on Harvester between Walkers and Appleby. I believe he has mobile guys come in and do it. I have had him do 4 cars for me, ( 2 challengers, my camaro, and my dads mustang) with absolutely no issues.