Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #15
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
OP, thanks for sharing this info with both a potential issue and how to fix it
Old 07-14-2019, 12:24 PM   #16
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
In my car the right side hose come off.
The hoses is really short and loose
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #17
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Been there, done that, caused a lot of electrical problems.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:39 AM   #18
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Checking for some info on here. The right side in my trunk got wet,not real bad. I know where the drain holes in the front of the of the sunroof are. I tested them with pouring water in the front drain holes and they are working great & found out they drain in the front.

I can't see the sunroof drain holes on top for the rear drain holes to test with water. I found the drain hole lines in trunk. They are all secure. How do you check to see if they are pluged with waste? I don't want to push a wire up in the drain and ruin any thing.

I figured away to check the rear drain holes. I maade a small funnel out of aluminum foil. And had enough room to tuck it in the back under the sunroof glass where it's raised up. So I fixed the funnel in and poured water down the funnel and it drained out right where it should.
2 weeks ago we were coming home from a car show and ran into the heavy rain fall and had to pull over cause I couldn't see where the road was. It was wet in the trunk but not that bad but enough for me to be pissed and worried. This car means to much to me same as all my vehicles. I've put a lot of money and sweat in my vehicle same as a lot of other people. Just drives me nuts when things are not right.

Last edited by BLU DUCE; 09-02-2019 at 11:21 AM.
BLU DUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #19
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Amazing that this sunroof drain problem has been perpetuated by GM for DECADES. I first encountered it on a GM car in the '80s, and it still hasn't been addressed.

WTF? How expensive is a hose clamp?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:26 PM   #20
tmjump

Drives: 2LT Camaro RS
Thank you so much! Just cleaned up the puddle around my battery, will be doing this fix first thing tomorrow!
tmjump is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, grommet, trunk, wet