Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-29-2020, 08:06 AM   #15
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I will now post everything i can think of without ever using the search function and i will do so without wearing a mask while farting in your general direction hourly too.

Anything else you wanna get off your chest?
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #16
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
how to win friends aye.
i had my own hifi forum for a few years..gave it up in the end. amazing how many utter losers there are out there with zero lives outside the internet. quite scary in fact.
if you dont like what you read here then dont read it..aint rocket science is it aye
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:30 AM   #17
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
OP, I'm sorry that since joining in April you're tired of the same threads, but most of these people posting some duplicate threads are only one of two time offenders of that "infraction". Yes if someone joins and immediately starts a "what cold air intake", "which headers", "what's the best catback", "dyno tune or handheld", "do I need a tune with ___ mods", etc. all rapid fire (it's happened in the past) someone will call them out of the search function. However, like Athletics101 said, if we don't keep asking questions the forum dies. Sometimes there's new info that hasn't been discussed before and a new thread brings that to light. Sometimes there's new products that weren't out 8 years ago that are out now and sometimes the products that were are now gone.

Newbies, if you can't find it ask it. I'll answer a "Which header is best" thread over and over again with an objective response and my personal preference. I'm ALWAYS up for talking about my car and why I came to the decisions to modify it the way I have.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:31 AM   #18
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
Not forum police. Just sick of seeing the same topics again & again. Then the op never updates the advice of other members.
So you make one that is just completely useless in any capacity instead? Sure, that makes sense

Easy enough to pass up a post you have no interest in. But as someone planning to keep their car long-haul, I would just as soon see these forums alive and active vs dying off because "everything has been discussed" already.
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #19
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Well I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. There is just so much good information here worth taking some time to dig through.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 09:41 AM   #20
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
I agree. Even if they posted it on an old thread then all the info could be seen at one go. It makes it even harder to search when there are a dozen incomplete threads on the same topic.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #21
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
I can follow the frustration with seeing the same questions over and over again - often times people really don't make any use of the search function and so we get a lot of broken record stuff. Step one should always be search, and it's probably already been asked (many times) before.

If you find some answers, but it doesn't resolve the your question, I love good discussion and lots of good technical information, and oftentimes a rehash of a topic is good and valuable.

I don't have a solution to suggest here - but I would love to see a better way for collecting, categorizing, and archiving good information. We do that with stickies to some extent - maybe it's just a more robust version of that with better cataloging to make it easier to use.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #22
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I see the same posts multiple times yes. I just don't respond if it's one i've responded to multiple times. It keeps the forum alive though so it isn't a bad thing.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #23
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
What cam should I get ?
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #24
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
"Will my v6 beat an SS" Members have been suspended over that one haha.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:38 AM   #25
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
OP, I'm sorry that since joining in April you're tired of the same threads, but most of these people posting some duplicate threads are only one of two time offenders of that "infraction". Yes if someone joins and immediately starts a "what cold air intake", "which headers", "what's the best catback", "dyno tune or handheld", "do I need a tune with ___ mods", etc. all rapid fire (it's happened in the past) someone will call them out of the search function. However, like Athletics101 said, if we don't keep asking questions the forum dies. Sometimes there's new info that hasn't been discussed before and a new thread brings that to light. Sometimes there's new products that weren't out 8 years ago that are out now and sometimes the products that were are now gone.

Newbies, if you can't find it ask it. I'll answer a "Which header is best" thread over and over again with an objective response and my personal preference. I'm ALWAYS up for talking about my car and why I came to the decisions to modify it the way I have.
I've done most of my boltons by asking members opinions that have done what I'm looking at doing. That covers 8 years of being here and owning my Camaro.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:01 PM   #26
uvraise

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
the forum police are in town i see lol
I agree. I've been a member for four years and I'll continue to ask/answer questions no matter how many times they've been asked. Much of the advice on here is opinions and the other part facts. There are multiple ways to complete the same tasks, what worked for one, may not work for another and so on.

2015 SS2/RS, SCT Tune (Dynosteve), Vitesse Throttle Controller, Vararam VR-DRX CAI, Vararam Power Wedge TBS, Granatelli Performance MAF
uvraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #27
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
Well I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. There is just so much good information here worth taking some time to dig through.
I was just about to start a thread "Who on here likes the 5th gen Camaros".

ps. Just messin' w/ya
Old 07-29-2020, 03:23 PM   #28
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
What cam should I get ?
The Go Pro cam is a nice unit. You can take pictures of your catch can, blend door and broken AFM lifter failures.