Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
hush

Drives: 2013 Camaro SSRS L99
Send a message via Skype™ to hush
2013 Camaro SW Chambered real life sound/movie/installation/review!

First of all, thanks to Chase and Victoria who shipped my exhaust fast and kept me calm until it arrived in Sweden! I would recommend anyone to try them.

2013 Camaro SS L99 automatic with a Stainless Works Chambered 3".

Before:
I ordered from Apex-speed.com and it arrived after about 1-2 weeks but got stuck in customs for 1 week. I wont say the total price, but ask for a quote. You will be surprised, i promise you that. In a good way .
Owell, my car sounded like cr*p pre-installation. Nothing like a muscle car should sound like. Sound level was about a 0.5 or a 1 on a 10 scale where LT headers and 3" chambered is a 10.

Installation:
It was tough. It would not have been that way if I was not so stubborn It started raining so we had to move the car into a carport with gravel as ground material. I dont recommend that...had to dig until the jack and jackstands got proper stability. (wow im stupid sometimes, but could not wait until the next day) Due to this all footage of the installation was ruined.
Anyhow, it took about 5h and 3 ppl to pull it off but i reccon it would have taken about 1:30 with a proper lift and 2h with a jack on a flat surface.

Everyday use:
Its amazing. Like night and day. It sounds like a real muscle car now. I am very happy with the volume. It does make a fair bit of noise during cold starts but overall nothing bad about it. It does not drone in my opinion! Just that deep muscle car sound. Soundlevel is about a 6 or 7 of 10. I have no problem using it to work, and it turns alot of heads comparing to before. AFM is more pronounced now, but it sounds different and i do not find it disturbing at all. It was worse before the installation to be honest.

Movie:
We recorded the movie with proffessional hardware. A mic was at the back of the car just next to the right taillight, we lowered the sound level to (im serious) 1% and the mic still peaked at times...so please keep that in mind. Camera was some sort of Canon D700something. My brothers PR company did the recording, www.limestudio.se

Enough with the wall of text movie below!

/Simon

hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Ehmsea

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Hurst NPP
Nice video, can definitely tell there was some production there...

Awesome sound! cheers

CAI Intake w/washer relocation and race scoop
Ported Throttle Body (Polished)
Kooks LT stepped headers 1-3/4 to 1-7/8
High Flow Cats
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2c Cam Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXyCyBh9BU

Hill Start Assist Delete
Ehmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Great video! You can tell that you are really enjoying. Thank you for your order and congrats on the upgrade.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
sounds just like mine, awesome no doubt, and it gets better once the carbon starts to build up....LOL. this is the best cat back IMO

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
sounds just like mine, awesome no doubt, and it gets better once the carbon starts to build up....LOL. this is the best cat back IMO
Old 05-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
Chevyman2010

Drives: 2010 camaro ss, 1979 silverado
I have this exhaust arriving this week!! So happy I decided on this one after hearing this clip.
Chevyman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2010 View Post
I have this exhaust arriving this week!! So happy I decided on this one after hearing this clip.
Congrats!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
Chevyman2010

Drives: 2010 camaro ss, 1979 silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Congrats!
Thanks chase
Chevyman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:56 AM   #9
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
one of the better clips I've heard with different conditions hearing this exhaust system. I do wish I could here this exhaust in the driver seat for real before buying. I have an corsa exhaust but need a change. This is the best by far exhaust I've heard . But would really like to here in person.
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
one of the better clips I've heard with different conditions hearing this exhaust system. I do wish I could here this exhaust in the driver seat for real before buying. I have an corsa exhaust but need a change. This is the best by far exhaust I've heard . But would really like to here in person.
I think all of our local people running the Retro Chambered are also running headers so doing a video with them would not be a good representation. What I can tell you is that when you are driving normally you know it is there but it is not intrusive or overwhelming. I have never had any negative customer feedback about drone or it being too loud inside. You can still hear the radio and carry on a conversation without raising your voice but when you jump of the throttle it cranks it up.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #11
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
just curious - where was the mic placed for the video? the sound level is the same whether the shot is inside or ourside the car with the exception of at the very end
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
just curious - where was the mic placed for the video? the sound level is the same whether the shot is inside or ourside the car with the exception of at the very end
The back of the car just next to the right taillight.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #13
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The back of the car just next to the right taillight.
Perfect, I figured it seemed a little loud for a true interior shot from the other videos I've watched
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:18 AM   #14
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Sweden looks nice.

Also good video, nice sound.
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote