Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-12-2023, 10:55 PM   #1
alfaro3112

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Question Electronic and/or breathalyzer issues?

I have a 2014 2SS 6MT and was driving in KC earlier today about an hour in a half away from home. Realized I hadn't had to blow for a while and looked at my handset to see it was shut off. Pulled over at a walgreens afraid I missed a test and figured if I cycled the ignition it would power back on. I've never been more wrong in my life.

Starting off it seemed to just be a breathalyzer fault.. until I realized my key fob wasn't working, doors would only lock with the buttons if the key was in the ignition, same as the light switch, and the automatic windows only went up/down when the key was in the ignition as well. Breathalyzer never came back on so I wasn't able to even try and start my car. Ended up footing a $400 tow bill and awaiting the mechanic to see if it's the breathalyzer or something else..

Hoping somebody here can give advice if they've seen similar symptoms and what the causes were?

Smart Start Breathalyzer. Before you say it, yes I know I shouldn't of driven drunk in the first place. I was at a bad spot in my life and I've been sober since. Mistakes happen, I'm glad I got caught because it turned my life around.
alfaro3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 02:42 PM   #2
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
Don't have any knowledge that would help you with the problem, but just wanted to congratulate you on your sobriety. You're right, we all make mistakes. Good for you for turning your life around.

Tags
advice, technical issues