Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest VIII Discussions > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

View Poll Results: Camaro 5 Fest 4 Location
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #995
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
East coast or bust IMO. WAY too many people live over here. I just left TX....overrated!

I KNOW I'm going to get slaughtered for this but has anyone considered a Dual C5 Meet?

One E coast and another for those unwilling or unable to make it to the E coast, maybe TX or CA or wherever decided. This way about 90% of Camaro owners travel costs/needs could be met. Additionally, they could be set up and/or coordinated separately(which is a good thing IMO).

Weather is different regionally and I don't think it's out of the question to consider.

(He takes cover from the soon to be inbound grenades)
Trust me, this suggestion has been made before, so don't worry about being grenaded

The whole point of a national Camaro5 Fest is so that everyone can get a chance to meet people from this site that they talk to on a semi-regular basis that they wouldn't normally be able to meet in person. Having two Fests per year would only hinder that. It would also practically double the costs for vendors because the majority of them would try to attend both since they don't want to alienate half their base. Not to mention there's barely enough C5 staff to get all of the logistics handled for one Fest per year

Your suggestion is what the regional forums are for.

Camaro5 is purposely moving the Fest around the country from year to year to help with this. They want to make the experience accessible to everyone, even if it's not every single year. It doesn't make sense to put any Fest right up against the coast (either East or West) because the radius of attendance gets cut in half - you know, since the other half is in the ocean.

Just imagine drawing a 1600 mile radius circle and placing it somewhere on the map. I imagine that's about the farthest most people are willing to drive to attend. No matter where you locate the Fest, there's going to be folks complaining that it's too far. I can't see the Fest moving much further west than Phoenix or much further East than Indy. Just because this one may be too far from you doesn't mean the next one or two will be.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #996
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
yea I just left texas & TEXANS CANT DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & the hiway system sucks lol.

get off at exit & merge on to ? access road, merge on to ? & merge on to access road WHAT THE HECK?

but there is a bunch of Camaros in San Anoinio

Fine MONTANA

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #997
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Trust me, this suggestion has been made before, so don't worry about being grenaded

The whole point of a national Camaro5 Fest is so that everyone can get a chance to meet people from this site that they talk to on a semi-regular basis that they wouldn't normally be able to meet in person. Having two Fests per year would only hinder that. It would also practically double the costs for vendors because the majority of them would try to attend both since they don't want to alienate half their base. Not to mention there's barely enough C5 staff to get all of the logistics handled for one Fest per year

Camaro5 is purposely moving the Fest around the country from year to year to help with this. They want to make the experience accessible to everyone, even if it's not every single year. It doesn't make sense to put any Fest right up against the coast (either East or West) because the radius of attendance gets cut in half - you know, since the other half is in the ocean.

Just imagine drawing a 1600 mile radius circle and placing it somewhere on the map. I imagine that's about the farthest most people are willing to drive to attend. No matter where you locate the Fest, there's going to be folks complaining that it's too far. I can't see the Fest moving much further west than Phoenix or much further East than Indy. Just because this one may be too far from you doesn't mean the next one or two will be.
I nominate Justin for President

Lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #998
mlee
www.CamaroFest.org

Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
I nominate Justin for President

Lupe
Your motion has been seconded...
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #999
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

I decline. I just wanna drive

Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #1000
mlee
www.CamaroFest.org

Quote:
I decline. I just wanna drive
I knew he would do that... too smart to get roped into a good deal like pres..

we're going to need to sweeten the deal..
Old 09-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #1001
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:

No no no, I said/meant two separate meets at or roughly at the same time. Like May or whatever month(hopefully a cooler one). Both meets in different regions to please everyone attending. NOT suggesting 2 meets where everyone would/could go to both.

Labor Day 13' is 27 May. Federal Holiday with most people getting 3-4 day weekends. One Fest on the E coast and the other more localized to where those unwilling or unable to get to the E coast could decide on and hold another meet.(again, on the same weekend or as close to as possible)

I'm sure "overall" attendance would improve with an OPTION to choose from. Less people/cars at each event would provide more track time per car as well and I don't think anyone would argue with THAT!

A better chance for some to have a realistic chance to place for a trophy rather than being dominated by the same cars every year wouldn't hurt.

Not that either venue would suffer from too little of attendees to justify holding the event.....I think it's something to consider.

Let me know if I'm way off base as I've never been to a Camaro Fest but have attended several annual car meets and I've always thought this might be a way to go. Too many cars and not enough track time/space and somewhat frustrating when all is said and done.
Great times and relationships are made and fun is had......but I ALWAYS go home wishing there was more track time but it's just not able to happen.

Vendors MIGHT be an issue with two locations but it WOULD provide more time to for attendees to view products and vendors answer questions more 1 on 1.

I know there are variables with this idea but there is with anything. I'm NOT petitioning this idea, just threw it out there ya know.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #1002
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Texas would be nice, we could help them break in that little hole in the wall track, Circuit of the Americas

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #1003
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
No no no, I said/meant two separate meets at or roughly at the same time. Like May or whatever month(hopefully a cooler one). Both meets in different regions to please everyone attending. NOT suggesting 2 meets where everyone would/could go to both.

Labor Day 13' is 27 May. Federal Holiday with most people getting 3-4 day weekends. One Fest on the E coast and the other more localized to where those unwilling or unable to get to the E coast could decide on and hold another meet.(again, on the same weekend or as close to as possible)

I'm sure "overall" attendance would improve with an OPTION to choose from. Less people/cars at each event would provide more track time per car as well and I don't think anyone would argue with THAT!

A better chance for some to have a realistic chance to place for a trophy rather than being dominated by the same cars every year wouldn't hurt.

Not that either venue would suffer from too little of attendees to justify holding the event.....I think it's something to consider.

Let me know if I'm way off base as I've never been to a Camaro Fest but have attended several annual car meets and I've always thought this might be a way to go. Too many cars and not enough track time/space and somewhat frustrating when all is said and done.
Great times and relationships are made and fun is had......but I ALWAYS go home wishing there was more track time but it's just not able to happen.

Vendors MIGHT be an issue with two locations but it WOULD provide more time to for attendees to view products and vendors answer questions more 1 on 1.

I know there are variables with this idea but there is with anything. I'm NOT petitioning this idea, just threw it out there ya know.
I understand, just trying to provide some insight into why this idea has some major difficulties.

The priority, I think, has always been the social aspect of the Fest, not-so-much the activity aspect. While it's great to be able to get out there and run your car and put it through its paces, the reality is, that's somewhat of a backseat to the original intent of the Fest.

And let's face it, running your car on an AutoX, drag strip, or road course anytime between April and August is typically not ideal regardless of where the event is held. The temps will be hot everywhere. So, really, I don't understand why everyone is so hard-pressed to get more track time than they currently get. Heat-soaking your car when you're 1000 miles from home is questionable at best

Also, just because the two "events" you speak of happen on the same weekend, or within a week of each other still means there are TWO Fests that require planning in one year. So, you'd need two full separate staffs to be able to run both shows. Camaro5 just isn't that big or have that kind of resources yet.

Even if both events equalled the attendence of either Indy or Phoenix, you would probably only have an equal amount of vendor attendance split amongst the two events yet you'd have two full payments required for two separate tracks.

It's just a logistics nightmare...

I'm curious, what kinds of annual events have you attended before?

Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #1004
Mr. Unassailable

Drives: 2010 2SS MT, 2010 SHO, 2004 S60R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
yea I just left texas & TEXANS CANT DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & the hiway system sucks lol.

get off at exit & merge on to ? access road, merge on to ? & merge on to access road WHAT THE HECK?

but there is a bunch of Camaros in San Anoinio

Fine MONTANA
I guess you prefer exiting and making 3 turns to get into a parking lot? The feeder (access) road has driveways. The alternative is to exit the freeway, turn onto a cross road, then onto a parallel road, then drive back (or forth) to get to the driveway of your destination.... I'll take feeder roads. Anyone who doesn't like them has driving issues. If merging is so hard, please stay off our freeways.

I survived C5F3!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #1005
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Texas would be nice, we could help them break in that little hole in the wall track, Circuit of the Americas
Wouldn't that be awesome if they had a drag strip on-site?

Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #1006
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
i don't think Las Vegas was mentioned, so i'll just throw that option out there.
I'll ban you if you post this again. fereals.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #1007
mlee
www.CamaroFest.org

Wonder where this place is at... Looks like plenty of room for everything...

Name:  Capture15.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  105.0 KB
Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #1008
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Wonder where this place is at... Looks like plenty of room for everything...

Attachment 419111
:ninja:

This is where it NEEDS to be.
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gta's camaroiv fest thread, gta's favorite thread