Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
Maddtim

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
Exclamation Camaro Price Increase and Hurst Shifter - Need more info

Ok, I need some clarification here, especially from dealers. When I read the original memo relating to the Price Increase from yesterday, I read it to mean that, if your car wasn't produced or pulled for production, you were hit with the price increase, no matter when you ordered. Of course, on the forums here, I see the story as pre-order date is the determining factor.

Well, I talked to my dealer today to confirm exactly what the story is, and the sales manager informed me that, since my car was still event code 1100, I would be hit with the price increase(basically as I had read it). Can one of the dealers confirm what the real story is here?!?!?!

Also, in terms of the Hurst shifter, my dealer informed me that, while the factory option for the shifter is not available, the dealer installed/not on the sticker option was ready to go and WOULD NOT HOLD UP MY ORDER. Can anyone confirm this as well? I was going to have it removed but, as he was about to send me the revised order info, he told me my order looked like it would be pulled in the NEXT 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

So I'm torn. Even if the price increase info is what I thought it was (that I'm hit with it even if pulled a week after the change), am I really gonna worry about it on a $37K car if it's only a couple hundred dollars?

Any and all info and input is appreciated, especially from dealers!

Have 2012 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible 45th Anniversary Edition with Hurst shifter.
Maddtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
The price increase......Yes what it says is that the car would be priced when it is built. How it is supposed to work.....The dealer will be invoiced from GM at the price in effect when built. However as long as your order has the pre-order code on the sticker, they will be credited the difference back onto their account and therefore should recieve the MSRP at the time of order even though the sticker will be showing the current price. There is a copy of the official memo which you read . Print it and save it in case you run into an issue with your dealer on the price increase. The key is they will recieve the credit so that they can provide our guaranteed MSRP price.

Second issue. Dont hold your breath on the Hurst shifter. Wait until a suitable aftermarket is available and purchase it then. Cant really say more but I heard this from a very very reliable source.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
where is the memo

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
where is the memo
Here is the thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17292
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
HeavyRightFooT

Drives: Z51 C6 LS3 Vette
- Me to the dealer just before signing my order " but shouldn't you write the price of the car instead of "car will be priced at MSRP + 2500 + options chosen by the client at the time of signature" ?? "
- Dealer "no no this is to allow for a little bit of margin in case there is a price insrease..."
Now I'm bound to pay for whatever comes on the window sticker...

It was the first time I ordered a car in the US ... I wont get caugh twice ! MY DEALER IS A @#$%

08 C6 z51 headers/vararam/tune/420-410/ccw sp550 19+20/Pzerro Nero 275-30-19F 305-30-20R --- to be traded for a Z28 ?
HeavyRightFooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:40 AM   #6
acerothstien

Drives: 2007 gt500, 1993 cobra R ,
couldnt do without it
acerothstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddtim View Post
Ok, I need some clarification here, especially from dealers. When I read the original memo relating to the Price Increase from yesterday, I read it to mean that, if your car wasn't produced or pulled for production, you were hit with the price increase, no matter when you ordered. Of course, on the forums here, I see the story as pre-order date is the determining factor.

Well, I talked to my dealer today to confirm exactly what the story is, and the sales manager informed me that, since my car was still event code 1100, I would be hit with the price increase(basically as I had read it). Can one of the dealers confirm what the real story is here?!?!?!

Also, in terms of the Hurst shifter, my dealer informed me that, while the factory option for the shifter is not available, the dealer installed/not on the sticker option was ready to go and WOULD NOT HOLD UP MY ORDER. Can anyone confirm this as well? I was going to have it removed but, as he was about to send me the revised order info, he told me my order looked like it would be pulled in the NEXT 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

So I'm torn. Even if the price increase info is what I thought it was (that I'm hit with it even if pulled a week after the change), am I really gonna worry about it on a $37K car if it's only a couple hundred dollars?

Any and all info and input is appreciated, especially from dealers!
Your order was placed before 3/16/09, so you are considered a pre-order which means you are price protected and your MSRP will be what is posted on this site. The window sticker on the car and the invoice will show the price increase, but GM has said they will reimburse the dealer for the difference. Now if your dealer actually sells it to you under those conditons is up to you and your dealer.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 AM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyRightFooT View Post
- Me to the dealer just before signing my order " but shouldn't you write the price of the car instead of "car will be priced at MSRP + 2500 + options chosen by the client at the time of signature" ?? "
- Dealer "no no this is to allow for a little bit of margin in case there is a price insrease..."

It was the first time I ordered a car in the US ... I wont get caugh twice ! MY DEALER IS A @#$%
Additional dealer mark up of $2500......BAD
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyRightFooT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Additional dealer mark up of $2500......BAD
Get any deposit back and go find another dealer selling at MSRP.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
Maddtim

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
OK, thanks for the input. I DO have a copy of the order workbench that shows the pre-order status of prior to 3/15/09. In regards to the Order Workbench though, the copy my dealer gave me has no pricing on it. Is that the way it should look or should I see pricing as of now?

Have 2012 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible 45th Anniversary Edition with Hurst shifter.
Maddtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #11
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
OK, thanks for the input. I DO have a copy of the order workbench that shows the pre-order status of prior to 3/15/09. In regards to the Order Workbench though, the copy my dealer gave me has no pricing on it. Is that the way it should look or should I see pricing as of now?
Mine doesn't have pricing on it either. I think I saw someone's that did, but I wouldn't say your case is unusual.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Quote:
Mine has a price on it.
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote