Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #15
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
3 calls in this morning already and no answer or replies to my messages......still bummed out.
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #16
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS manual
Okay... so you don't want to take it in because the pro's might mess them up? You have called the manufacturer and you may or may not have a defect in the product? You are willing to go all the way down to a shop to have them look at it and then confirm or deny whether or not you have a defect. If they have a defect, you're going to do what?
1. Pack it up and ship it back
2. Re-install your old set up
3. Wait 1-2 weeks for a new package to arrive
4. Re-install new system (and pray you don't have the same problem)
5. Once you realize you are having the same problem take it to the shop and have them do it.

ORRRRRRRR

1. Take it to a shop and have them do it right
2. Enjoy your incredibly awesome sounding new exhaust

Hmmmmmm Seems like a no brainer to me?

Not speeding... just qualifying
dfairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #17
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfairman View Post
Okay... so you don't want to take it in because the pro's might mess them up? You have called the manufacturer and you may or may not have a defect in the product? You are willing to go all the way down to a shop to have them look at it and then confirm or deny whether or not you have a defect. If they have a defect, you're going to do what?
5. Once you realize you are having the same problem take it to the shop and have them do it.

ORRRRRRRR

I live in Nebraska.........It is going to snow 6 inches today and it doesn't look like we will see it gone for another 2 weeks. I would have it at a pro shop today if I could drive it, but for now, it is stuck in my garage. So yeah, I am willing to wait a week or two to get a piece that keeps me from having to spend more on a system that should have gone in without issues to start with. i can adjust the front tubes coming off of the cats but those go to the center x-pipe and then to the back extensions that are held in by hangers that line up dead on. Now the rear mufflers and tips are held on by two hangers at the top that have very little room for movement. they swing maybe 1/4 inch back and forth......its not a matter of adjustment side to side or in and out......thats just where they are and they are about 10 inches from the tips.......? I for one am tired of ordering parts from these companies and then feeling like a heel because i asked for what I paid for...
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #18
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
I live in Nebraska.........It is going to snow 6 inches today and it doesn't look like we will see it gone for another 2 weeks. I would have it at a pro shop today if I could drive it, but for now, it is stuck in my garage. So yeah, I am willing to wait a week or two to get a piece that keeps me from having to spend more on a system that should have gone in without issues to start with. i can adjust the front tubes coming off of the cats but those go to the center x-pipe and then to the back extensions that are held in by hangers that line up dead on. Now the rear mufflers and tips are held on by two hangers at the top that have very little room for movement. they swing maybe 1/4 inch back and forth......its not a matter of adjustment side to side or in and out......thats just where they are and they are about 10 inches from the tips.......? I for one am tired of ordering parts from these companies and then feeling like a heel because i asked for what I paid for...
Oh man... sorry. I guess I'm spoiled out here in California where it's 75 and sunny today (not that I'm rubbing it in). But, I hear ya... I can't stand when things are advertised as "plug and play" or "simple to install" and they're not even close!!

Not speeding... just qualifying
dfairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #19
BlownSS

Quote:

ORRRRRRRR

Quote:
Oh man... sorry. I guess I'm spoiled out here in California where it's 75 and sunny today (not that I'm rubbing it in). But, I hear ya... I can't stand when things are advertised as "plug and play" or "simple to install" and they're not even close!!
i am probably just too anal retentive to be buying parts that i cant put my hands on!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #20
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Can you show us pix?

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #21
BlownSS

no pics available now......the driver's side is about 3 inches outside of the diffuser on the right and is directly in the middle of the opening......but......the passenger side is only sticking out about an inch and is at the top of the opening about 1/2 inch from the top.........looks really awkward...........
Old 01-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #22
BlownSS

pictures posted in first thread!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #23
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

I meant of the rest of the system, not just where the pipes stick out.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #24
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
I meant of the rest of the system, not just where the pipes stick out.

T.

LOL you would ask that.!!.....it takes me about an hour and a series of ramps and jacks to get it high enough to take pictures of the rest. What are you thinking may be the cause that pictures could confirm or deny?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #25
SSilver5gen

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Aligning the exhaust tips has to be done at the two clamps just behind the mufflers. if you have an x pipe make sure you have it installed the correct way. One end will be longer than the other. Next make sure your pipes are into each-other as much as they possibly can. looks too me you do not have that done. Back to aligning them in the cut outs loosen the last clamps and twist and push them until they are centered in the cutouts.
SSilver5gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #26
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

I was going to go there.

I actually installed/reinstalled few times before I got it right. It's a PITA even with Corsa to get right but patience is your friend, trust me on this one.

Try what SSilver said, that's where I was going with this, and even as far back as the pipes that go into the cats.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #27
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
LOL you would ask that.!!.....it takes me about an hour and a series of ramps and jacks to get it high enough to take pictures of the rest.
yea, but isn't that part of the fun? He he he.

Name:  IMAG0235.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  105.0 KB

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #28
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
I had GHL's catback on my vette and they were the only choice for my Camaro. I had them installed professionally. I know this doesn't help the OP, but once you get them installed correctly, you won't be disappointed.