Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #71
pooch

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk convertible
Mine at 21k looks like it just came from the factory.
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #72
rubbersoul84

Drives: IO 2012 2SS/RS convertible
I used the Armor All leather wipes once then threw the rest away. It left smeary marks everywhere. Their window wipes suck too. What would you recommend?
rubbersoul84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #73
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
That stuff dries your leather out! You need to CONDITION it, for real! No wonder the leather is cracking. I know the can says it conditions and cleans, but get a whiff of the stuff. Try rubbing it over your hand. You'll see. It doesn't moisturize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I never use any Armor all products after I tried it on one car and it was the only car I have owned where the dash cracked. I think I would first take it to the dealer and get everything replaced then never buy Armor All anything again.

Thanks for the info...

Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #74
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
8 k and three years in and no problems..
Cheveey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #75
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Mine is holding up strong. Only little problem I see is that the black plastic the inner door panels are made out of and center console black plastic scratches real easy. It's a kinda soft plastic they use.

My car is about three months old now and both doors are scuffed as well as the kick panels and the glovebox as well. I love my car, seriously, but this is about as cheap of an interior as I have ever seen in my life.

My '99 Mustang GT and both my '03 Cobras had hard plastic...but not this stuff that scratches because you look at it. I have cloth seats so I can't really speak to the leather, but my seats are holding up well so far at almost the 2k mile mark.

I think the best interior setup I've ever had in a car I owned was my '04 Infiniti G35 coupe. Simply awesome. Comfortable in every way, and an awesome Bose sound system and sunroof to boot. If the engine hadn't let go on the fifth day I owned it, causing me to return it to the dealership for a refund, I would have probably kept that car forever.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #76
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
No real problems with mine. I treat it alright. Minor scuffs on the driver door and bottom of the dash from getting in and out with steel toe boots at work. The dash leather bubbled above the radio like usual. Yep, the plastic is soft but I think in the long run that softness is gonna help it keep from shattering like glass, 4th gen style. I have a very small knick in the dash above the glove box. Seats look fine. I'm going to get some covers though so I don't get them nasty with junk left on me from the plant.

About twice a month I wipe the interior down with instant detailer and a micro fiber towel. Looks fine. Not really any worse than my '05 Silverado I had and the paint peeling off the dash, window switches not staying in right, etc.

My car was bought in April and has 6150 miles on it. I drive it every day. It always has a sun visor in the windshield when parked and has 20% tint to cut down UV damage.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It's a commuter car. The only thing I do different vs my '05 Silverado Is that I park in the back 40 and I don't hop curbs! I get in it dirty, track water onto the WalMart rubber floor mats, etc...
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #77
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
24k miles of DD to school since I got my car and ZERO ISSUES on my interior.

My mom thinks my Interior still looks and smells the same when we got the car. I think not tho. lol

IMO the interior of a car depends on how you take care of it.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #78
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
18k miles, daily driver, and 1SS and my seats look just the same as the day I bought it. There was nothing wrong with my interior trim pieces either before I painted them a new color.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #79
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Leather care

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
I used the Armor All leather wipes once then threw the rest away. It left smeary marks everywhere. Their window wipes suck too. What would you recommend?
We use and have used Lexol leather care products in all the vehicles we've owned with leather seats. We never experienced any splitting or tearing of the leather. The Lexol conditions and nourishes the leather and keeps it looking and feeling new.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lexo...ient=firefox-a

Last edited by Buckeye; 10-02-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added a URL
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #80
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
42k miles and other than the minor cheap plastic scuffing (I replaced one of the plastic door sill covers because of this) it looks fantastic. I upgraded from cloth to leather at 30k miles. The cloth still looked new as does the leather (it's factory stuff) and I treat it twice a month.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #81
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
Mothers makes a good conditioner for leather.