Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #43
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
What he said ^^^ that is the original rub mark issue. The flapping on the back is with the "redesigned" and "improved" top.
Interesting then, that they're saying the abrasion is being caused by a screw...I have shown no signs of the original "V" marks returning.

Once the top & frame was replaced, it took 8 months for the drivers side to start flapping against the storage well when the roof was down. Either way, if it gets me a new top, let them classify it however they want to.

Still going to use this as evidence for continued failure in design & try to get some better satisfaction with GM...
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #44
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
dealership told me today that the reason for the abrasion on my top fabric is a screw thats holding something down. They think it's rubbing on the screw & GM told them to file the screw down, then replace the top fabric. Anyone remember this being an issue? I thought it was just from the fabric rubbing on the back well when the top is down.
Depending on where the rub marks are, it could be the studs that stick out of the top of the water management bag area, or the two original screws in the plastic trim of the headliner. Ask them to show you where the contact is being made so you'll know what they actually do to fix it.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #45
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDILLON View Post
Did the dealer swap you for a new one or did you have to pay for it ?
Sorry it took so long...

Dealer replacement under warranty. Fabric was slightly peeling and getting frustrated wth the flapping... sent them pix and an explanation of how concerned I was for the car or motorcycle behind me if it flies off... especially after I asked for the new design. Instant replacement.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #46
Glider

Drives: Import
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
I still have my vert. They replaced my top in Aug 12. I use my top every chance I get. Probably a few hundred cycles on the new corded top. I have the "V" marks again but much lighter than before and the corded top is so much quieter than the original. Absolutely love the car. They never replaced my water management bag but I have had no problems with it. It poured here for the last week and all the water was on the outside like it should be. I need to treat the fabric I got the stuff sitting on my tool box, just need to get on it.
What is the "corded" top and did that become standard in 13?
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #47
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
What is the "corded" top and did that become standard in 13?
They switched to the new top mechanism in May 12. All 2013's have the latest version.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #48
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Still have my Jan 2011 build...bought in April 2011. I have my original canvas, water management bag and the GM TSB.

Hope I don't jinx myself by posting here! HA!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #49
PDILLON

Drives: GMC Slycone - 2011 SS Camaro conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Sorry it took so long...

Dealer replacement under warranty. Fabric was slightly peeling and getting frustrated wth the flapping... sent them pix and an explanation of how concerned I was for the car or motorcycle behind me if it flies off... especially after I asked for the new design. Instant replacement.

Thanks DRAGON
PDILLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #50
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Still popping back in once in awhile to see what's new in vert land...

For those who've followed my story; top replacement is still 100% since last October. No rub marks, wear marks, wind noise etc... crazy to read how many people are STILL having issues!

Keep the faith... living proof there is a fix!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #51
rewski

Drives: '12 45th 2SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Still popping back in once in awhile to see what's new in vert land...

For those who've followed my story; top replacement is still 100% since last October. No rub marks, wear marks, wind noise etc... crazy to read how many people are STILL having issues!

Keep the faith... living proof there is a fix!
That is great to hear! I have hope too. Mine is 90% better.
rewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #52
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Still have my early 2011 build and loving it. Had the top replaced very early when they first started doing it, did the SUX2BU fixes on it the day I brought it home and haven't had a problem since.

Like Coog said, hope I didn't just jinx myself!
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #53
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
2 fabric tops (V marks & abrasions from top flapping against frame)
1 frame
1 5th bow
1 window regulator & motor
1 rear seal at base of roof

I've gotten an extended warranty on the top & all "moving systems" until 6 yrs/91,000 miles. I've also gotten a check from GM for $2,700 for the time I haven't had my car due to repair time (7 weeks shop time).

To me, it seems that GM has tried to give me justice. But I'll say this: if EVERY DEALER knew how to PROPERLY FIX THE TOP ISSUES, then we WOULDN'T be going back to them OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

All cars have TSB's & some design issues, but the key to our troubles is DEALERSHIP MECHANIC TRAINING!!!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #54
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
2 fabric tops (V marks & abrasions from top flapping against frame)
1 frame
1 5th bow
1 window regulator & motor
1 rear seal at base of roof

I've gotten an extended warranty on the top & all "moving systems" until 6 yrs/91,000 miles. I've also gotten a check from GM for $2,700 for the time I haven't had my car due to repair time (7 weeks shop time).

To me, it seems that GM has tried to give me justice. But I'll say this: if EVERY DEALER knew how to PROPERLY FIX THE TOP ISSUES, then we WOULDN'T be going back to them OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

All cars have TSB's & some design issues, but the key to our troubles is DEALERSHIP MECHANIC TRAINING!!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote