Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #29
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
A few years ago, I used to own the Houston branch of http://www.TexasGarages.com. We did custom garage outfitting, including RaceDeck flooring, Gladiator GarageWorks cabinets/workbenches, and a whole lot of other things.

I had a few customers go with the epoxy floor coatings and they turned out NICE but were pricey. I had one decide to go the do-it-yourself paint the floor kit from HomeDepot and it started wearing in the tire tracks within a couple of weeks. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures this evening when I get home from work.

When I sold the business (to an idiot that ran it into the ground), I saved enough RaceDeck flooring to do a checkerboard pattern for a 3 car garage, plus Gladiator cabinets and workbenches for the perimeter. Then I moved to a house without a garage...what the hell was I thinking!?! We'll be moving again in a year or so and all that stuff will end up in my new garage along with my new Camaro! Looking forward to getting it all back together.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I don't have a lot of room to work around in my garage but I'll be reorganizing so I can keep my detailing products more handy so I can keep this car clean. Hopefully, I'll have my '02 to keep the new car company, but other than a general clean up and reorg', that'll be the extent of my plans.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #31
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
My biggest drawback to the painting was figuring out what to do with the car for the 72 hours plus that you have to wait for the paint to cure before you can park on it. Not to mention the need to pre-wash/etch/degrease and let that dry too........This was a no-brainer for me when I found the mats. Roll the car out, roll out the mats, roll the car back in. 30 min, door to door.......
Yeah...that is the easier way to go.

We actually did the paint w/ sparkle chips on an exterior floor at our old house. It looked cool as heck. But, after a year, the paint started peeling and coming up. Maybe it was because it was outside?...I don't know. But, it didn't hold up like I was hoping for an exterior use.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #32
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
My next garage will be some combination of these two pictures and will have room for my new Camaro...

1. My last garage (and my '56 Chevy Wagon that I sold):

and my favorite garage I did for one of my customers:

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #33
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^That's the sh!t right there! I LOVE that garage! Two guides for the tires...tire stops, shop vac, higher up cabinets, work table, dude....I really, really like that. (and I think the cobblestone driveway is kinda cool too)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 AM   #34
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Garages like that wouldn't work for me. Mine is a working garage, not for parking finished cars in. Thats is until I get the shop slab covered and closed in.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #35
6 Camaros and counting

Drives: 2001 Ford Lighting
I just bought slat board for the walls for My garage I like the look then I will Epoxy the floor. I need a moisture remover system. And also Concrete drive way on its way. I told the wife Im doing a redo on the garage for the car.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #36
6 Camaros and counting

Drives: 2001 Ford Lighting
I do work in my garage so I cant get to stupid
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #37
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
This is what my garage currently looks like....

and this is the tile I will be installing here soon (fall this year). My color will be just black and white checkered, but in 4X4 squares (4 1ft. black or white tiles for one square)

PS, YES I BADLY need a big tool box... eventually

Last edited by The_Stache; 11-09-2008 at 12:28 PM.
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #38
FUTURE TOP DOG OWNER

Drives: future 500+hp Z28
Anyone any closer to getting the garage finished now that the beast is almost here? I,ve
tracked down some tiles to lay down and still thinking about paint colour!! But it's getting a little too close to winter to start putting anything down here!! I envy you guys who don't have to deal with this cold!!
FUTURE TOP DOG OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #39
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My garage is full of stuff. Though I'm sure I'll make a point of cleaning out up when I get the new Camaro.

But it's not a nice finished garage like all these pics. The house was built in '57 and the garage hasn't changed since. LOL
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #40
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I just did the epoxy floor this summer and I highly recommend it. It looks great and stands up to everything. I also repainted the entire thing, added some new cabinets and diamond plate switch covers. Unforunately, it is just a 2 car and I really need 4. So many toys so little space!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #41
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
me and my dad cleaned the whole garage out today and now there is A LOT more room to park the cars in the three car garage, heck it looks like it's more like a 3 and a half car garage now
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #42
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
I dont have a garage at all, but I couldnt live with myself with my new Camaro without one. I am now searching out contracters on a price on a 3 car garage. I sucks puttng in an engine in the driveway!
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote