Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2021, 11:35 PM   #1
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Question for people who sell through this forum

I have never sold through an internet site before. What is the safest way to handle selling something to another forum user and avoid getting ripped off, etc? I have something listed now in the classifieds but I'm not really sure what the best way to handle the sale is.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:25 AM   #2
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
PayPal; GOODS AND SERVICES, so you are protected. You're selling, so YOU'RE the one
people will be worried about, not the payer. When you buy, never use Friends and
Family, because you can't prove you bought anything. You, as the seller, don't have
too much to worry about, if you're not paid, they don't get. If you're the PAYER, you
can pay, and NOT get. PayPal users, you want to deal with VERIFIED users for the
most part. If someone pays, they can't revoke the payment, you have to refund it.
As a seller, you're a lot safer than being a buyer.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:48 AM   #3
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanRubin View Post
PayPal; GOODS AND SERVICES, so you are protected. You're selling, so YOU'RE the one
people will be worried about, not the payer. When you buy, never use Friends and
Family, because you can't prove you bought anything. You, as the seller, don't have
too much to worry about, if you're not paid, they don't get. If you're the PAYER, you
can pay, and NOT get. PayPal users, you want to deal with VERIFIED users for the
most part. If someone pays, they can't revoke the payment, you have to refund it.
As a seller, you're a lot safer than being a buyer.
Ok thanks. For some reason I thought paypal made it easy to pull scams by saying goods weren't as described and then paypal would pull the money back. Do you require signature confirmation for delivery?
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:12 AM   #4
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
I've bought a bunch of stuff over the years through Paypal and don't recall having any issues. Shit does happen, but I think it's the extreme rarity that it does. You can most certainly require signature confirmation, but that's through whoever you shipped it through.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:18 AM   #5
Omega

Drives: G8
Yes, good and services is the only way I will buy a product. You would be surprised how many people still pay you with friends and family. Sometimes I have offered to cover half of the PP fee so sweeten the deal.

As a general rule, if the seller only takes venmo, cash app or friends and family PayPal they are scamming you. There is zero protection with those methods.

I have never requested a signature, although I have asked when shipping a high dollar item. Make sure your packaging is top notch and don't cheap out on the added insurance.

Lastly, have a look at the person's profile. If they are new, or are overseas, be leary.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:01 AM   #6
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Sell local pick up is the best option. But like other said don’t do friends and family.
And also find a regular poster here that trustworthy to sell it too if possible.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:21 AM   #7
Lablkv6z

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS, 1966 Mustang
Everyone pretty much hit all of the notable points.

Also, make sure to take great pictures and cover all of your bases with details of your items for sale. It safes time and headaches.

LS3 Block (427CI)
Forged Manley 4.1" crank
T-Rod modded LS3 intake (by me)
Ported 821 heads (by me)
TSP cam 243/255 .621/.619 111 LSA
HP tuners pro (by me)
https://www.smokingasphalt.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-...cEEQ4y_YaXMD6Q
Lablkv6z is offline   Reply With Quote