Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-22-2017, 06:56 AM   #71
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by v111pilot View Post
Had the 2SS to the dealer, they say it is the gas pedal and that the part is a "high demand" item and is on back order. It seems like the previous posters were correct in surmising that the problem is when the two signals sent from the pedal differ more than a certain threshold, the car goes into limp mode.
This problem happens when I slam the accelerator to full throttle, and then lift off it completely around 50 MPH or so. Hopefully the part fixes it when it gets in...

Just curious, do you have our Throttle Controller installed ?
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:29 AM   #72
elvicdesonora
Victor H. A. E

Drives: Camaro 2016 2 SS Garnet Red
The same problem just happend to me, exactly like yours, reduced power came on then I turn off the car, turned on to drive home and the throttle "numbers" were all crazy at no throttle input display showed at 35%, arrived home and re set the controller but the cel keept on, planning tomorrow to disconet the battery and make the same procedure, so my question is, what was the final veredict in yours? Did you contacted vitesse ? Or the cel disapear? Any new problems so far ? Thanks
Old 04-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #73
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
I no longer have a problem with mine. What I do now is when I do a performance or exhaust mod, I unplug the battery for a few hours or overnight and then reprogram the controller. No issues ever since. I've gone WOT numerous times without the dreaded reduced engine power light coming on.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #74
v111pilot

Drives: '16 2SS
No Throttle controller. Bone stock '2016 2SS. The reduced power/check engine would come on anytime I went to wide open throttle.
UPDATE: had a new accelerator pedal installed under warranty and now NO ISSUES!
FYI- the dealer did state that this is a "high demand" part and it was backordered for about a week. - could indicate a possible issue w/ Chevy that hasn't been made an actual recall???
v111pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #75
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
Yes, this problem still exists, it is unrelated to having an aftermarket device installed or not.

We've had many people asking if our Controller will fix their issue they already have with the Throttle position sensor error code P2138. The answer is no, it will not fix it, it may actually trigger it sooner because of the voltage modification from the gas pedal.

This is not caused by our Throttle Controller.

The best solution is to replace the TPS ( Throttle position sensor ).
For me, it appears that it is caused by the throttle controller. Doesn't put me off using it (I enjoy the car so much more with it), but after a few months it will start throwing the CEL and bringing up reduced engine power. I've had it happen three times since installing it last August. I can clear the CEL with no issue, but once I accelerate again it'll re-pop. The way to stop it is to recalibrate my throttle controller, and then it's fine for a few months again. I run in sport mode, and run the TC at SP5.

If I put the car in track mode it'll fire the CEL up within days/hours/minutes. Recalibrating the TC does not help if I continue to run in track mode - it'll bring up a CEL again as soon as I accelerate.

My suspicion is that when I calibrate the TC, the car is in touring mode (it changes to this when the engine is off). So, the voltage increases in sport, and especially track, are tipping it over the edge of whatever the threshold is. My thoughts on getting around this (which I haven't tried yet) would be to set the car to default to track engine management whatever mode it's in and then running the TC calibration, and in theory I won't have voltage issues any longer. I shall try this when I next remember it.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:36 PM   #76
v111pilot

Read my post above. Very well could be a bad accelerator pedal.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #77
Sunsnare98

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Quote:
Read my post above. Very well could be a bad accelerator pedal.
It's not...it's the TC.

The TC creates too much voltage at wot which is what creates the CEL. Same thing happened with my vette. If you have any kind of mod that alters throttle response or a/f ratio the TC will not work correctly because it puts it outside of the normal operating range for voltage. The CEL flashes because it thinks there is something majorly wrong.
Sunsnare98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:41 AM   #78
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsnare98 View Post
It's not...it's the TC.

The TC creates too much voltage at wot which is what creates the CEL. Same thing happened with my vette. If you have any kind of mod that alters throttle response or a/f ratio the TC will not work correctly because it puts it outside of the normal operating range for voltage. The CEL flashes because it thinks there is something majorly wrong.

You're not reading the posts, he said his car is bone stock ! No Throttle Controller installed !

The only time the TC will trigger a CEL is if it's not properly calibrated.

This is why the calibration is so important, it receives that maximum voltage value when you step on the gas all the way down. Any higher voltage while driving and it will trigger the CEL.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #79
Sunsnare98

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
You're not reading the posts, he said his car is bone stock ! No Throttle Controller installed !

The only time the TC will trigger a CEL is if it's not properly calibrated.

This is why the calibration is so important, it receives that maximum voltage value when you step on the gas all the way down. Any higher voltage while driving and it will trigger the CEL.
That is simply not true. codes can still be thrown if it's calibrated correctly. So you really think there are hundreds of retards out there that don't know how to calibrate the TC? Maybe one or two, but the Vitesse TC issue is wide spread across multiple platforms. Regardless of wether it's calibrated or not, additional modifications that alter throttle response or airflow will cause the TC to function outside of its parameters. On a stock car the vitesse is great, otherwise it's garbage.
Sunsnare98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #80
v111pilot

Uuugh! Update 2: Still Reduced Power issue (Stock '16 2SS no mods)

well, the new accelerator pedal the dealer installed seemed to fix the issue for ONE DAY :(

Now, I'm getting the Reduced Power message/code at half throttle.

So, back to the dealer for the third time on the same issue :(
Old 04-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #81
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
well, the new accelerator pedal the dealer installed seemed to fix the issue for ONE DAY :(

Probably a connection at the harness, or a faulty throttle position sensor. Maybe even an issue with the torque management, perhaps a re-flash is in order.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:35 AM   #82
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:

Does it occur through every drive mode? What do you usually use? My apologies if you already mentioned it...
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #83
v111pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Probably a connection at the harness, or a faulty throttle position sensor. Maybe even an issue with the torque management, perhaps a re-flash is in order.
Good call MrChrisLS3, at the last dealer visit they found high resistance at the connector and applied grease. Now it seems to be working (for over a week anyway).

FYI before the fix the reduced power mode was happening in both regular drive mode and Track mode.

Hopefully this issue has been permanently fixed for me.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:34 PM   #84
v111pilot

Update 3 Reduced Power - Dealer says Service Bulletin on this

Once again, I was getting the reduced power issue, usually after stabbing full throttle and then letting off (probably the worst time for no power).

Anyway, back to the dealer for 7th (yes SEVENTH) time on this issue.

They had already replaced the accelerator pedal, checked, "tightened" and greased the connections all to no avail.

So this time the dealer stated that they called Chevrolet Tech and were told that this is a common issue, and that the fix is to run new wiring from the pedal to the ECM, bypassing the factory harness using "special" wire.

They repair ticket did not offer any further info.

This seems to have worked, as I have not had the issue again in about 200 miles.

So, fingers are crossed.

PS. I DO NOT have a throttle controller installed- Bone Stock