Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #29
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
First: That guy in the video seems credible. In a pervert, stalker, rapey kind of credible.

Second: Any thread dolling out legal opinions or advice should come with a disclaimer that reads: The author of this post did not attend an accredited law school, did not take and pass a bar exam, and is otherwise not licensed to dispense legal advice in any jurisdiction. Said opinion or advice is only given for entertainment purposes only.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #30
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
I have two vehicles with blue light permits. One is a 2011 F-150 and the other my SS. It's only a courtesy light when I'm trying to respond to the firehouse. I will say that in my truck people in front pull over about 65% of the time but in my black SS people on both sides tend to get out of the way. Not sure if the black car with blue lights looks like a fed or what but it definitely gets more attention than my truck.

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #31
superdrummer38

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
bull bar on a Camaro does look cool IMO.
superdrummer38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #32
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I just use the police lights app on my phone to pull people over.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #33
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
got a $60 ticket for my blue halos. i forgot to turn them off. no blue on the road, no tickets. don't be an idiot.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #34
BETO713

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
:O
BETO713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #35
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Too long didn't read ^
Too long, didn't read?

Are you sure you aren't "too simple, couldn't read"?

The man posted laws, don't be a douche
Old 02-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #36
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
This would be why it is a bad idea to have red/blue lights on your Camaro & use them on the road:

Video:
http://www.newschannel5.com/category...autostart=true

Story in print:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24...robbing-victim
Old 02-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #37
Dexter9522

Drives: SS
I love the chip on the shoulder comment. Not spoken by someone with a chip it's spoken by someone who deals with fools that actually impersonate officers and it is a big deal. Happens more than you think. And being a "tax payer" id hope you would be excited a cop is out to catch police impersonators In Your neighborhood. But remember when you or your wife or children ever gets pulled over by someone that's not a cop and tries something remember who you will hope shows up to help you. That cop with the chip on his shoulder
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #38
Chain Blue Lightning
Chain Blue Lightning

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Quote:
Was going to buy some Red/blue leds for shits and giggles then I saw this..

Nope, not gonna do it now, don't wanna look like that loser in the video.
Video guy =

Quote:
Horrible idea. I see you live in AZ, you try using those around my area and we will find you...
LEO =

Quote:
I love the chip on the shoulder comment. Not spoken by someone with a chip it's spoken by someone who deals with fools that actually impersonate officers and it is a big deal. Happens more than you think. And being a "tax payer" id hope you would be excited a cop is out to catch police impersonators In Your neighborhood. But remember when you or your wife or children ever gets pulled over by someone that's not a cop and tries something remember who you will hope shows up to help you. That cop with the chip on his shoulder
Other LEO? =

Please don't send that officer to help my wife or children I don't want them shot in the crossfire because he is so trigger happy. The OP said he was not going to put the lights on his car.

The LEO threatened to find/get him for doing what he said he wasn't going to do? He isn't carrying a chip on his shoulder, He has the whole tree there.

The officer obviously wants to keep his area safe (does that mean he is not from the Phoenix area). And he should be respected and appreciated for that. But to make a threat against someone when he is not going to do something is the action of a walking public relations disaster. His attitude will result in tax payers filing a complaint and then it is in his record. Once he gets enough of them it will not matter how many "impostors" he pulls over and tickets for driving with blue or red lights on their cars. He will mouth off and threaten someone who knows better and they will get him discharged from the police force.

If an unmarked car lights up behind me I will slow down and give them a chance to go around me, it doesn't, I keep driving. He gets on the loudspeaker and tells me to pull over then I pull over, not before. He wants the reason why i didn't pull over I point out what happened in http://www.newschannel5.com/category...autostart=true There is not a judge in the world that is going to say I did wrong.

Only an idiot would use blue and/or red lights on the road if they do not have the police /fireman badge to justify the use of them. And thankfully there are policemen out there to stop the idiots when they do. But save your breath for the idiots who do it and not make idle threats to people you will probably never see on the road in your life.
1978 RS Camaro
1983 VH Commodore
1996 VS Commodore
2005 WL Statesman
2010 SS Camaro
Chain Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #39
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain Blue Lightning View Post
Video guy =

LEO =

Other LEO? =

Please don't send that officer to help my wife or children I don't want them shot in the crossfire because he is so trigger happy. The OP said he was not going to put the lights on his car.

The LEO threatened to find/get him for doing what he said he wasn't going to do? He isn't carrying a chip on his shoulder, He has the whole tree there.

The officer obviously wants to keep his area safe (does that mean he is not from the Phoenix area). And he should be respected and appreciated for that. But to make a threat against someone when he is not going to do something is the action of a walking public relations disaster. His attitude will result in tax payers filing a complaint and then it is in his record. Once he gets enough of them it will not matter how many "impostors" he pulls over and tickets for driving with blue or red lights on their cars. He will mouth off and threaten someone who knows better and they will get him discharged from the police force.

If an unmarked car lights up behind me I will slow down and give them a chance to go around me, it doesn't, I keep driving. He gets on the loudspeaker and tells me to pull over then I pull over, not before. He wants the reason why i didn't pull over I point out what happened in http://www.newschannel5.com/category...autostart=true There is not a judge in the world that is going to say I did wrong.

Only an idiot would use blue and/or red lights on the road if they do not have the police /fireman badge to justify the use of them. And thankfully there are policemen out there to stop the idiots when they do. But save your breath for the idiots who do it and not make idle threats to people you will probably never see on the road in your life.
Lol, just let them rant, I don't mind.
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #40
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Lol, I can't wait to find this thread on the Dodge Charger forum. I wonder if the owner from the video posts on there?

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #41
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
I've had blue halos on my ABM for over a year now and haven't had any issues with cops.
I did mine mostly for car shows and photo shoots, not to drive with them on.

I have driven with them on a few times and not had any issues, granted I live in a pretty "auto friendly" state. Police and state troopers in my area are pretty easy going and will let alot of stuff slide unless your being stupid.
2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #42
Ayuir
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2014 BRM 2SS/RS
Really late comment to the thread, but....

Check your local laws as they vary from state to state. Typically you'll find nationwide:
blue = law enforcement
red = emergency services (fire, ambulance, etc)
yellow = utility/services (road crews, tows, utility trucks, etc)
green = volunteer fire

That said, again check locally. Some states or municipalities use both red and blue. Almost every LEO has red and blue available, sometimes yellow also. Some states allow you to have them but not use them, other states don't allow them to be visible, and some don't allow them on your vehicle at all.
Ayuir is offline   Reply With Quote